Omaha, NE
Seymour Smith Park Share
Uploaded By: scarpfish Hole #10 (Taken 8/2010)
Hole #10 Short Tee

Busy in Omaha

1    6/27/2010   6/30/2010
Review By: FriedOkra
Pros: Holes easy to find. Trees in fairway make the course a bit more challenging. Baskets in good shape.
Cons: Tee signs were in horrible condition. Some were missing, some had several different pars written on them. Some holes seemed overrated as far as par goes.
Other Thoughts: Visiting from Camdenton, Mo. I would be happy to have this course as my local course, but would definately suggest that the tee signs be updated and the pars re evaluated. We played the course on a very warm Sunday afternoon and the course was full of players. We waited only two to three minutes per hole.

Quality Course

1    5/16/2009   5/17/2009
Review By: Crusher
Pros: Good mix of trees and open space with some elevation changes. Overall a nice course and I would play it if I were in the area again (but would not choose to play Sat afternoon to avoid the rush)
Cons: Way too crowded. No maps, had to ask for help a couple times, and let other groups play through while figuring out where to throw next. The dual pads/baskets is a good idea, but made it quite confusing for a first-timer. Could be better marked. Pars are inflated, I agree with others that most, if not all, are par 3. Sounds like I have a lot of "cons", but really, it is a fine course; could just use a couple simple tweaks.
Other Thoughts: My wife and I tried to fit this into an already busy day so did not play all the holes, but found hole #3 nice. She didn't want to risk it, but I liked having to tomahawk a hole.

Keep your friends close, but keep your holes closer.

1    9/28/2008   9/29/2008
Review By: Donovan
This review was updated on 5/31/2010
Pros: This is set in a nice park with lots of ace runs. They seem to have par 4's and a par 5, but all can be 3's. The 3rd hole is a blind shot over a laurel, which was kind of fun. There were some slight elevation changes going on throughout the 18 holes. The trees that are there seem to be placed well. The signs had all the possible yardages, but no maps. You can see just about every pin from the tee and most of the tees from the previous pin. I only had to ask for help a couple of times. All the tees had nice length cement pads. The do have a message board and had posted a night-glow tourney there. I do doubt you could lose a disc on this course.
Cons: This is not a challenging course and has vedry few if any technical throws needed. 2 or 3 discs are all you really need to play this course. Many of the holes are right next to each other, going back and forth, up and down the hills. It is very crowded and on Sunday night just before dark, I waited on many holes. Most people behind me probably did not even finish. There were only a few trashcans, and no sign of a restroom.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor was just OK with me. I would not say this was a fun course, but it was worth playing. It is a great beginner course without a doubt. The people were friendly and seem to really like their park. There was great parking too, I should add.