Omaha, NE
Seymour Smith Park Share
Uploaded By: scarpfish Hole #3 (Taken 8/2010)
Hole #3 Short Tee

What a great course

1    5/14/2012   5/17/2012
Review By: btroberts011
Pros: Great course with lots of challenging shots that take lots of creativity to deal with. WIthin the first 4 holes I tossed discs RHBH RHFH Thumber and a huge RHBH Anhyser. The course has multiple tee boxes that give a huge variety and really change the game.
Cons: Could lose a lot of discs if not careful with some of your shots. Could be waiting a while to tee off because of the high demand to play this course
Other Thoughts: I came up to omaha from dallas the other weekend and played this course in my short amount of free time. It was well worth it and I just want to go back since I have gotten back to texas. Everyone on the course was very nice in directing me to the next hole/pin. Highly recommend

Brews & Disc

5+    6/20/2013   7/6/2011
Review By: Sl33pwalkn187
This review was updated on 6/20/2013
Pros: One thing I really like about this course is the proximity of this course to my apartment. Its a full 18 hole course. I also enjoy the environment. Drinking brews tossing some disc, it's a lot of fun and a great way to enjoy the day. I do like how they redid the parking lot. It used to be potholes galore and now its flat and level. Plenty of Trash cans, and an adequate amount of benches for breaks.
Cons: Sometimes there are too big of groups and there is a waiting period of about 10-15 min at the most. Its not too bad. Sometimes there are groups of elderly with their grandchildren, and they only use regular frisbees. It is rather annoying and frustrating to get stuck behind them
Other Thoughts: *UPDATE 04/11/2012
Hole in One on Hole #13
Skip-in, Side-arm
4 Witnesses

First Course

1    7/9/2010   7/9/2010
Review By: mgcarney
Pros: This course is phenomenal. Not only are the local players courteous and considerate, but the holes are challenging and varied. The holes go from heavy with trees to open and long. Skill shots, power shots are all needed. There is even a a creek which makes for a tricky OB depending on the hole location. There are several different hole locations and an alternate tee for every hole which makes it feel like a different course every time there is a change. The best hole is #3. It is the only permanent blind hole, the other one can be #11 depending on the hole location.
Cons: It is in Omaha, and there is standing water, so the bugs can get bit out of hand. Graffiti also marks the course. Trash cans seem to be rarely changed and often reek.
Other Thoughts: This was the course I first played in high school as part of outdoor education. So, I tried to take that bias out of my rating.

I Keep Coming Back

5+    7/22/2009   8/4/2009
Review By: harrystaab
Pros: Great variety - terrain, ease, shots needed, etc. Baskets are moved fairly often over the summer. Course is well marked and easy to follow. Pretty well maintained.
Cons: Can be busy at times. May spend time looking for discs in the creek. Some holes are definitely over-parred. One hole is missing a sign and another is scratched over.
Other Thoughts: The first course I ever played and the one I continue to come back to. I play it as often as I am around my hometown and have enjoyed the variety found in this course. I've never participated, but it seems the course regularly has tournaments and such put up by the DG club. Most who play here are quite friendly and patient. I'll repeat, pot smokers frequent the park though at least I've never had them bother me.

From a Local

5+    7/8/2009   7/9/2009
Review By: MiDwEsTfRoLfEr
Pros: From a local I have played at this park many times and first learned the game here. This is a great course where am and pros can frolf at with different tee-off pads that are not just further back but actually more complicated. This courses holes require players to be able to shoot at a hole when they cannot see it (hole 3 and hole 9). One of the great things about this course is they change the hole locations frequently and the other people are very friendly with a couple A-holes in between.
Cons: Some days are much crowded than others but if you get there in the morning to noon you should be good (9-12).
Other Thoughts: Good parking, clean park (ravine is dirtier but not terrible and doesn't stink), not much wildlife (I saw a beaver before but thats about it) and lots of pot heads, so not a course to bring kids to. But for sure the BEST park in Nebraska.