Had a nice little thing, and then took a step back
Pros: - Great use of some unused space in this small park.
- Park appeared to be well maintained, with a shelter and playground.
- Baskets were nice, well kept. Clearly labeled.
- Nice variety in hole length.
- Not too far from a busy 4-lane highway and Cedar Rapids, easy to get to. Nice bedroom community.
Cons: - TEE PADS! It was hard for me to enjoy my time here, because I got bent out of shape on how they screwed up the tee pads. They have nice, 4' x 8' concrete tee pads. However, they have added (relatively nice) foot-high sign posts with par and distance right in the middle of the front of pad. The tee is essentially not usable now except as a flat, hard place to stand in place while throwing. You can see these in the hole pictures I've uploaded.
- #1 basket is 20-30 feet in front of a tall fence surrounding the town's water treatment facility. A strong or wayward throw could easily end up over the fence - and you would not be getting it back.
- #1 basket is right next to #2 tee. Actually, it's right in front of it. Just a nuisance, probably not a real safety hazard, as this course is probably not played often.
- Holes 3-5 play around and over a dead-end maintenance road for the water department. Probably not used much, and they pretty well didn't have a choice.
Other Thoughts: It's unfortunate that they spent the time, money, and effort to get nice signs for this small little course, only to install them without consulting anyone who actually plays disc golf. More-so, it makes the investment into the tee pads a waste. If they were just to move the signs to the back corner of the pads, they would be usable.
There's a chance to add a couple holes into the timber, or maybe even use the nearby creek. Or maybe even move some holes to add some variety.
This is still a very nice place to take kids, or beginners. Or even just to have a quick round - so long as you don't follow through on your drive, or just tee off on the grass.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.