Bowling Green, KY
Preston Miller Park Share
Uploaded By: AdamH Hole #11 (Taken 11/2011)
3 / 173ft.   3 / 173ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

First and last time I play this one

1    7/28/2008   7/28/2008
Review By: upfromtheashes
This review was updated on 7/5/2013
Pros: It had good signage, as do most of the courses in Bowling Green.
Cons: Imagine you're playing a 400 foot par 4, and you yank your drive way into the thick woods off the fairway. You find your disc, and can see the basket 200' ahead with a window the width of a hiking path to throw through.

Now imagine that you find yourself stuck in a "Groundhog Day" scenario where you yank that tee shot off into the woods on every single hole, leaving yourself that 180-220' second shot down a fairway just wide enough to walk through.

That's what playing Preston Miller is like, except you never actually get to blow that 400 foot tee shot. You just start out with the crappy second shot on every hole by default.

I've never seen so many holes under 200'. It was like playing miniature disc golf. And every hole was the same thing. The only variation between one hole and the next was "Will it be 200' and left? Or 200' and right?"

There were 5 holes that were out in the open, and 3 of them were 250' gimmes with no obstacles of note.

Apparently the course could sense my disdain toward it, and sought to retaliate by summoning an army of chiggers to attack me. I've never had so many chigger bites as I have right now typing this.
Other Thoughts: This is the worst course I have ever played. I'll not play it again.

Update 7/5/2013: It's been 5 years since I wrote this review, and I'd not change a word of it. I've now played 40 different courses, and this is still the worst one.