Bowling Green, KY
Preston Miller Park Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #17 (Taken 11/2011)
3 / 233ft.   3 / 233ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Rhymes & Slant Rhymes

2-4    4/7/2006   1/16/2010
Review By: ChrisWoj
Pros: This is a good practice course. Everything is short and manageable distance wise for almost any player. You're going to get a lot of good work scrambling - and if you go there intending to get in a round of practice, using the tee shots to work on your short game you're going to get a lot of useful golf out of the experience. Additionally - they have added new teepads and baskets which brings the course from the 0.5 that it was to the 2.0 I'm giving it.
Cons: Rhymes & Slant Rhymes, the title of the review, refers to the fact that this course has some holes that are definitely spray and pray. Poke and hope. I hope you get what I mean. One reason I call it a good practice course is because precise shots like the ones required on this tiny course are what you'll see out of the schule on many longer courses. Additionally - the open holes on the course just don't provide any real challenge, distance-wise. They're short and open with minimal real purpose other than to fill out the course (I'm looking at you, hole 14).
Other Thoughts: This could have been a fantastically done 9 basket course, with 18 teepads playing through and around the woods. There's not a lot of variety in terms of distance, the open holes don't provide variety as much as they do filler - overall I didn't enjoy playing this course very much. On every other BG course I can remember some great or terrible shots, some cool holes that I enjoyed playing.

On this course I don't remember any holes as standing out above the rest, any cool shots. My only real memorable moment was missing a putt from about a foot and a half. That's unfortunate - the land has some potential. This is, sadly, the worst of the nine Bowling Green area courses I played.