Bowling Green, KY
Preston Miller Park Share
Uploaded By: AdamE Hole #14 (Taken 11/2011)
3 / 230ft.   3 / 279ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1 2 3 Next >
 Short and Sweet

1    2/4/2009   2/4/2009
Review By: bdamcat
Pros: I really like that this course is short and technical. If your forehand dominant like I am it forces you to use your backhand some. Really tight lines that you need to follow. The baskets were in excellent shape also.
Cons: None really. I see how you could really have a problem with losing disc in the creek that runs along the bottom of the course.
Other Thoughts: Unlike some I really liked this course because it's short and technical and you can really practice on your approach/putting game. And you can play this course as a "warm up" before hitting Lover's Lane.

Short and Technical

5+    6/22/2006   12/22/2008
Review By: SimonCarr
Pros: Preston Miller is a course that I did not play often, but it is a nice change of pace from the other Bowling Green courses. This course is most like Hobson Grove, but even shorter.

This course is great for recreational players, or people wanting to work on their accuracy. Every hole on this course is deucable, but you will need to thread the needle on a few of them to have a look at the basket.
Cons: Not long enough or hard enough to challenge advanced players. The narrow fairways can frustrate good players, but the holes are so short that is not too difficult to save par on even the hardest shots.

Some of the teepads and baskets were not in very good shape when I played this course (over 2 years ago).
Other Thoughts: The first shot is wide open, and then you will be throwing downhill into the woods. The next 6 holes play through dense woods. The holes are short and it is easy to rack up deuces, be sure to bring your midrange/putter game. This part of the course really favors players that have a forehand or overhand shot. The remainder of the holes at this course are relatively open.

This is a fun course. I would recommend it to locals who are looking for a change of pace. If you are in town and have some time to kill, this is a great warmup course.

2-4    9/3/2008   9/3/2008
Review By: bryon
Pros: In todays standards the course is pretty short. However, I played this course twice. Round one I shout a -6, round 2 I shot a +6 so the course can kick your but if your not paying attention. I would consider this a really good rec course. I had fun playing it, but wouldn't consider it a course to visit often.

Other Thoughts: If this review sounds familiar its because I accidentally gave this review for the Basil-Griffith park.

Trees, trees and more trees...

1    8/2/2008   8/8/2008
Review By: buzzinb
This review was updated on 2/10/2010
Pros: Mostly tricky course that requires your best placed mid-range drives. Good opportunity to work on shorter anhyzer/forehand shots.Virtually every hole is a duece opportunity if you are lucky enough not to hit any of the many trees. The wind typically makes even the open holes more interesting than they would otherwise be.
Cons: Like a previous poster noted, there is not a lot of variety and the redundancy factor can take some of the fun out of it. Real easy to lose multiple discs, especially when the little creek is swollen with mud. Did I mention snakes, ticks and thistle?
Other Thoughts: While this is not a "must play" course if you are in BG, it still offers a nice alternative when you've already played Kerieakes and Lover's for the "nth" time while visiting for the weekend.

First and last time I play this one

1    7/28/2008   7/28/2008
Review By: upfromtheashes
This review was updated on 7/5/2013
Pros: It had good signage, as do most of the courses in Bowling Green.
Cons: Imagine you're playing a 400 foot par 4, and you yank your drive way into the thick woods off the fairway. You find your disc, and can see the basket 200' ahead with a window the width of a hiking path to throw through.

Now imagine that you find yourself stuck in a "Groundhog Day" scenario where you yank that tee shot off into the woods on every single hole, leaving yourself that 180-220' second shot down a fairway just wide enough to walk through.

That's what playing Preston Miller is like, except you never actually get to blow that 400 foot tee shot. You just start out with the crappy second shot on every hole by default.

I've never seen so many holes under 200'. It was like playing miniature disc golf. And every hole was the same thing. The only variation between one hole and the next was "Will it be 200' and left? Or 200' and right?"

There were 5 holes that were out in the open, and 3 of them were 250' gimmes with no obstacles of note.

Apparently the course could sense my disdain toward it, and sought to retaliate by summoning an army of chiggers to attack me. I've never had so many chigger bites as I have right now typing this.
Other Thoughts: This is the worst course I have ever played. I'll not play it again.

Update 7/5/2013: It's been 5 years since I wrote this review, and I'd not change a word of it. I've now played 40 different courses, and this is still the worst one.

BG Ams 2008

3/30/2008   4/1/2008
Review By: gcrussell4
Pros: A very fun and tricky (for the distance) course. The amenities are very good, teeboxes and signs are excellent and clear. Course flow is good at almost all times. This was one of the courses played by Rec. and Int. at BG Ams 2008 and there were very few places that traffic built up even with 5 person cards. I attribute that to good course design and continuity. A control course.
Cons: Very few chances to "stretch out your arm". Rewards the technical player more then the big thrower (not necessarily a bad thing).
Other Thoughts: This course will be one of the main reasons that I will be looking forward to making it out to BG Ams again next year.

3/7/2008   3/7/2008
Review By: Russell Gore
Pros: Neat course built on the side of a giant ravine. I played the day that the back 9 was being installed so I have yet to play the new 9 holes. Still one of the coolest 9 holes I have ever played.
Cons: I didnt get to play the new back 9

Accuracy Is A Must

10/27/2007   1/15/2008
Review By: Braldar
Pros: A challenging course through the woods that will require accuracy. It has a couple open "let her rip" holes as well.
Cons: Some of the holes can be hard to find.
Other Thoughts: Be prepared to hunt through the woods for your disc!

1 2 3 Next >