Garland, TX
Audubon Park Share
Uploaded By: patfan74 Hole #10 (Taken 3/2011)
Hole #10 Approach

Like to play more than three holes

1    7/5/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: pfluegel
This review was updated on 3/27/2012
Pros: Decent Chinese food close. Read update under other thoughts.
Cons: Over Grown, could not follow lay out, Made it to what we believe is hole 3 and searched for hole 4 for about 30 minutes before going back. Terrible course.
Other Thoughts: I know this is a harsh review but as a new player having played Harry Meyers, B.B. Owens, Paschal, and Porter, this course was a huge turn off. No concrete tees, and no signage make playing this course a hassle. I will rereview it when I find someone to show me the course, but for now this sets the low bar standard.

UPDATE: I played it again after my brother painstakingly found what he believed were the tee pads and corresponding baskets. Since then they have put in new yellow post to indicate tees. Brother was just a little off on a couple of holes. Now I LOVE this course! It is certainly a course for big arms. High risk holes are like poker for money. They just make it better. Lots of fun.

where's the next hole?

1    4/8/2011   4/8/2011
Review By: myoung
Pros: Flat terrain
Cons: No signs. confusing baskets for certain holes. I spent most of the round trying to figure out where to throw.
Other Thoughts: On hole three there were two baskets close to each other, i just threw at the closer one. I guess if i played with someone who knew the course it would have been a better experience. I think this is where courses have to get better. There needs to be better signage.

Course still affected by construction

5+    9/20/2008   9/23/2008
Review By: Tiggertooth
Pros: The layout of the Audubon course still has potential. The first 7 holes still have baskets, and a few of the back 9 holes have baskets as well. The course is empty, as it isn't worth playing by the locals yet, so you can take as long as you want on every hole. And in truth, much of the park is well maintained elsewhere (grass is mowed, etc.) I did not feel uncomfortable at any time while in the park--though there were a lot of kids running around without parents nearby by that didn't really disturb me much.
Cons: Where to begin. In short, the middle 6 baskets of the course have been affected by park construction. So don't go expecting a full 18 holes. You can get in a good 10-12. The course is overgrown--it is hard to throw well on some of the holes because it just hasn't been maintained by the park service. The 5th hole has a gully that is so overgrown with weeds you'll spend 15 minutes just looking for the disc even if you know where it went in. We lost half an hour on that hole I think. The tee pads are dirt and very worn. One of them is under a fallen tree. In general, this course simply is in a state of repair by the park and volunteers, and until it is all put back together, and gets some steady traffic, it won't be the wonderful experience that it could be.
Other Thoughts: A friend of mine spoke with the local park service, who indicated they were still working on the park as of 8/20/08, and that they intend to put all the baskets back. Once that is accomplished, I might give it a go again. But even then it will take some doing to match up against other courses in the DFW area. That's a shame because Audubon was one of the courses I started on. It has long, challenging holes. A good mix of left and right shots, and big old trees running throughout that provide lots of shade. There's a creek too, which plays into most of the holes. All in all, a hard course, that's worth playing if it is restored to its former glory. I'm writing this review for the DFW players who might be wondering whether Audubon is ready for play yet.

1    9/11/2008   9/11/2008
Review By: itskinnan
Cons: This park was just plain terrible. To start, there were no maps and since I had never been there before, I had no idea where hole one was. After walking around the merky swamp course for about an hour, I finally found a cheap piece of wood with a "1" on it. This park was a ghost town. Other than the scary gang-members hanging out on the park benches in the middle of the course. There was not another disc golfer in site. The creek was dirty and filled with trash. If I had thrown a disc into it, I would't have dreamed of going anywhere near the garbage filled stream to retreave it. And just for the record, I am not a disc golf course snob by any means. I'll play anywhere. But I will never go back to that course again. For a thirty minute drive to go check out a new course that I had not been to, It was a huge dissapointment. I would not recommend playing this course.

Needs help!

12/25/2007   2/24/2008
Review By: punkfan55
Cons: This course was going through some major sewer repairs, that cut off nearly half of the course. There is a creek that runs through it, and it was full of trash. The holes I was able to play were average. The main sign was pretty much crap. I attached a picture of it in the course images.