Garland, TX
Audubon Park Share
Uploaded By: patfan74 Hole #7 (Taken 3/2011)
Hole #7 Approach

Fun course for in-town players

1    1/7/2011   1/7/2013
Review By: windsurf17
Pros: Fun course if you are in the middle of Dallas. Not sure I'd travel all the way here just for this course, but it's probably a fun league-night course, and worth a commute if you are in town for a few days, too. There are enough challenges to make this fun, for both an intermediate level player and for a beginner. The beginner can get a few pars and play the other holes safe while a more experienced player can go for it on most holes and probably get a few down.

Challenging yet Fun

2-4    11/9/2012   11/9/2012
Review By: ericscho1980
Pros: This course has long defined, mowed fairways, surrounded by large trees. The distance and tight shots can be intimidating, but the lanes are open enough to make, creating a very fun round. Course was very well maintained (today), and easily navigated.
Cons: Dirt tees and small signs. Most of the posts were painted yellow for visibility, but a couple were not. Pins were not labeled numerically, so as a gazed down the fairway and saw 2 baskets I had to use reason as to which one I was throwing to. This course would get another .5 stars if it had concrete tees and better markings with distances. But the flow is obvious.
Other Thoughts: It's been several years since I played this course, and I don't know why! I thought the course is laid out well overall and had a nice flow. There are several holes with very similar distances, maybe a little more variation would be nice? And possibly move hole 10 to the right, closer to the bridge and make it shorter...this would avoid walking in the fairway back from 15 to 16. I really like this course and will be back more often.

Very Nice Course

2-4    7/29/2012   7/29/2012
Review By: dbx820
Pros: Well Maintained. Long holes. Few trees. Good flow from hole to hole. Doesn't get or feel crowded given the amount of space. Bathroom facilities close by. Great Parking. About as close as you can get to playing on a Golf Course.
Cons: Not a lot of elevation changes. Not overly challenging with obstacles/basket placement. Concrete pads would be a nice addition but I would not down rate it for that.
Other Thoughts: I am surprised this course is not rated higher. I only started coming here in May 2012, so I don't know what it used to be. A great open course for those that don't want to loose their mind and scream expletives on a technical course like Cedar Hill.

Much improved course!

5+    7/7/2012   7/7/2012
Review By: cdadams1223
Pros: Improved layout, lots of open space/long course, easily visible gold tee markers, big arm holes abounding
Cons: No concrete tees (I was okay with the dirt), tall grass/weeds, people not utilizing the trash cans, inadequate signage.
Other Thoughts: I was thoroughly impressed with this course today. I haven't played it in at least a few years because I grew tired of the ever-changing layout and poorly marked holes. Today, it was much different. Easy to see gold markers at each tee won me over. It's a very long course that plays well into the hands of big arm throwers and lots of anhyzer shots.

It would be nice to see some brush/weeds whacked at several holes as well as getting some concrete tee pads. Also, some additional trash cans would help keep the lazy slobs from dumping their bottles on the course. Overall I was well pleased with the course and I'll be playing it more often. :)

Nice

1    5/5/2012   5/5/2012
Review By: btroberts011
Pros: Lots of blind throws that are very challenging. Very nice flow from one hole to the next (excluding 16 to 17). Very nice baskets and good location with lots of challenging shots. Nice open drive or accuracy needed on each hole. Fun
Cons: Lots of ways to loose a disc. Lots of vegetation including poison ivy. Some concrete pads would be nice too.
Other Thoughts: Had a great time and am definitely going to play it again. The amount of blind shots are very challenging. Once i play a few more times this should not be a problem though

Audubon Fun

2-4    5/2/2012   5/3/2012
Review By: Spookyspence
This review was updated on 5/24/2012
Pros: HUGE course
Great for big drives.
Holes have great mix of left and right hand challenge.
Accurate map can be found in rec center.
Cons: Can have VERY tall grass, not mowed enough.
Poison Ivy EVERYWHERE, keep your eyes open.
Dirt tee pads.
Other Thoughts: I have played this course many many times now and I must so that over all it is a very good course and I would recommend it to intermediates as well as new players. The only real complaints I have about it are the dirt tees! I hate dirt tees, but I must say that this park is played enough that they are in good shape and have that "groove". I guess I really don't have much else to say so I will just give a short description of each hole!

1 Nice open straight shot with the basket dog legged to the left.

2 More or less straight shot with the basket down the hill to the left a bit.

3 The basket ( ITS NOT THE ONE TO LEFT IN THE OPEN) is FAR straight back in a little pocket in the tree line, has two routes to take... up the middle through the trees or you can go to the left where it is more clear. Behind the basket is a trail to basket 4, it can be hard to see.

4 This is the shortest hole on the course, but that doesn't make it easy...you have to throw through a couple of openings in the tree to get to the basket that is just to the left once out of the brush.

5 This can frighten first time players of the course....you have to hyzer through a tree/brush window over a river to get to the the basket. There is a small trail to the left of the tee to get to the basket.

6 Brush on the left and right can smack a disc down with those less accurate, and once you get to the open you have to shoot under a tree canopy.

7 Nice straight shot will get you to the basket

8 Straight shot with only a few trees to worry about

9 Straight shot with a few trees

10 can be a tough shot, from the tee you have to throw a line through a BUNCH of tree then it turns into a big open shot up until you get to the basket which is tucked away in the tree line straight ahead.

11 Big open straight shot with the basket tucked into the tree line around the big power pole.

12 Big open hole with a hard dog leg right for the basket.

13 Basket is straight ahead, big anhyzer hole.

14 BIG arm hole, basket is straight ahead, avoid the tree in the middle of the field.

15 Shoot under the trees straight ahead.

16 Straight ahead mid range hole, easy.

17 Basket is straight behind a few trees, throw out to the left or right for easy putt.

18 Straight shot just be sure not to throw too high because of the trees.

A tier worthy

2-4    10/16/2011   10/17/2011
Review By: Duffmyster
Pros: Challenging without using the creek to eat your disc.
Great combination of open and narrow shots.
Lots of Distance.
Multiple Tees.
Beautiful, giant trees.
Cons: You need a guide to show you this course.
Only 3-4 trash cans over the whole course.
Other Thoughts: The size of this course is shocking, worthy of hosting an A tier tournament.

Way Under-rated

1    7/18/2011   7/18/2011
Review By: TheOtherBill
Pros: Great use of the land and creek. Extremely well kept facility but I hear the grass can get long before it's mowed. The natural teepads don't bother me at all and are nice and flat from use. Locals are great.
Cons: The map I printed from DGCR was not correct, 2 and 3 have been merged it seems but soon found a local to play with.
Other Thoughts: This is a fantastic multi-use facility that I will return to when I'm in town many more times. I guess I have a different standard because I gave a rating based on the variety of holes and fun of play, not nit-picky stuff like trash cans and concrete pads.

Like to play more than three holes

1    7/5/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: pfluegel
This review was updated on 3/27/2012
Pros: Decent Chinese food close. Read update under other thoughts.
Cons: Over Grown, could not follow lay out, Made it to what we believe is hole 3 and searched for hole 4 for about 30 minutes before going back. Terrible course.
Other Thoughts: I know this is a harsh review but as a new player having played Harry Meyers, B.B. Owens, Paschal, and Porter, this course was a huge turn off. No concrete tees, and no signage make playing this course a hassle. I will rereview it when I find someone to show me the course, but for now this sets the low bar standard.

UPDATE: I played it again after my brother painstakingly found what he believed were the tee pads and corresponding baskets. Since then they have put in new yellow post to indicate tees. Brother was just a little off on a couple of holes. Now I LOVE this course! It is certainly a course for big arms. High risk holes are like poker for money. They just make it better. Lots of fun.

where's the next hole?

1    4/8/2011   4/8/2011
Review By: myoung
Pros: Flat terrain
Cons: No signs. confusing baskets for certain holes. I spent most of the round trying to figure out where to throw.
Other Thoughts: On hole three there were two baskets close to each other, i just threw at the closer one. I guess if i played with someone who knew the course it would have been a better experience. I think this is where courses have to get better. There needs to be better signage.