Garland, TX
Audubon Park Share
Uploaded By: YoDesigner Hole #1 (Taken 4/2009)

A tier worthy

2-4    10/16/2011   10/17/2011
Review By: Duffmyster
Pros: Challenging without using the creek to eat your disc.
Great combination of open and narrow shots.
Lots of Distance.
Multiple Tees.
Beautiful, giant trees.
Cons: You need a guide to show you this course.
Only 3-4 trash cans over the whole course.
Other Thoughts: The size of this course is shocking, worthy of hosting an A tier tournament.

Way Under-rated

1    7/18/2011   7/18/2011
Review By: TheOtherBill
Pros: Great use of the land and creek. Extremely well kept facility but I hear the grass can get long before it's mowed. The natural teepads don't bother me at all and are nice and flat from use. Locals are great.
Cons: The map I printed from DGCR was not correct, 2 and 3 have been merged it seems but soon found a local to play with.
Other Thoughts: This is a fantastic multi-use facility that I will return to when I'm in town many more times. I guess I have a different standard because I gave a rating based on the variety of holes and fun of play, not nit-picky stuff like trash cans and concrete pads.

Like to play more than three holes

1    7/5/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: pfluegel
This review was updated on 3/27/2012
Pros: Decent Chinese food close. Read update under other thoughts.
Cons: Over Grown, could not follow lay out, Made it to what we believe is hole 3 and searched for hole 4 for about 30 minutes before going back. Terrible course.
Other Thoughts: I know this is a harsh review but as a new player having played Harry Meyers, B.B. Owens, Paschal, and Porter, this course was a huge turn off. No concrete tees, and no signage make playing this course a hassle. I will rereview it when I find someone to show me the course, but for now this sets the low bar standard.

UPDATE: I played it again after my brother painstakingly found what he believed were the tee pads and corresponding baskets. Since then they have put in new yellow post to indicate tees. Brother was just a little off on a couple of holes. Now I LOVE this course! It is certainly a course for big arms. High risk holes are like poker for money. They just make it better. Lots of fun.

where's the next hole?

1    4/8/2011   4/8/2011
Review By: myoung
Pros: Flat terrain
Cons: No signs. confusing baskets for certain holes. I spent most of the round trying to figure out where to throw.
Other Thoughts: On hole three there were two baskets close to each other, i just threw at the closer one. I guess if i played with someone who knew the course it would have been a better experience. I think this is where courses have to get better. There needs to be better signage.

Enjoyable, fun course.

5+    12/5/2010   12/7/2010
Review By: riffraffrasta
Pros: -Decent variety between righty, lefty and straights.
-Some long, some real long and a couple shorts.
-Multiple dirt tee's
-Good shade on the front nine.
Cons: -Not a fan of dirt tee's but there are quite a few different marked ones now so it's a give and a take I suppose. The creek.
-If you go in with the exception of a few spots, your gone.
-No Signage. Can be hard to navigate first time. Map at rec. center is old and hard to follow but better than nothing.
-Tree's and a few hazards could frustrate beginners and first timers.
-People/Park Dept. don't take great care of the place. Parks cut a few branches, not enough trash cans, trash and litter throughout. The creek is disgusting.
-Back nine can get hot.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I really like this course. It is close and less crowded than B.B. Owen. However, it is kind of dirty and I don't like dirt tee's. I will agree that sometimes there can be some shady types hanging around but I also have noticed it is patrolled somewhat regularly by Garland police. It is a fun course with good variety and at least to me a charm that keeps me wanting to come back. It has been BEAUTIFUL this fall except I did lose a disc in the leaves.

#6 is probably the funnest hole on the course, at least for me.

Much Better Now

5+    8/18/2010   8/30/2010
Review By: bumpspeed
Pros: The work done on this course has made it so much more fun to play. The new pin placements make the lanes a lot of fun. Definitely a risk/reward course. Make the fairway and your up shot/birdie shot should be good. Get outside the line and your laying up.

Makes your game better. You can't come here and run and gun. Makes you play better.
Cons: Tee Pads. The dirt areas a worn and rutted. But I think this is being worked on.
Other Thoughts: Glad that I can put this course back into my rotation.

Such a great track,... truly!

5+    8/11/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: mattj
Pros: The holes allow ( require ) creativity, finesse', and a great deal of power to effectively navigate this course. Birdies are tough, but very tempting, and the non-birdiable holes are fairly laid out to reward a three. The seductive power of this course is that par is a very goos score, but for a long chucker, 13 chances for 2 from the yellows is there ( like a dangling carrot). Typically, though, the course will take back the carrot, and stick you in the eye with it.
Cons: I have lost a bunch of nice discs , and a lot of pride, going for the basket, where the deep creek nearby represented the "risk" of an approach.
Other Thoughts: They have addressed this a bit (#4), but the risks remain real and present. The new baskets are a welcome sight! I remember the old ones ( and the memories are not fond ones). This course will improve your game.

5+    8/8/2010   8/20/2010
Review By: adamb258
Pros: This is a challenging course for players of all skill level. The holes range from short and technical too long and open. The course is well maintained by the PARD and is continuing to gain attention from local players. Multiple tees with single pin positions.
Cons: Still no signs, making first time navigation slightly more challenging but not impossible.
Other Thoughts: This course has recently gotten a lot of love from local players and at this rate could prove to be one of the finest courses in DFW in a short amount of time.

Great Course, Not sure why the low rating

2-4    7/25/2010   8/19/2010
Review By: emook
This review was updated on 8/20/2010
Pros: This course will push any player to the limits. I play the wednesday minis here and to my knowledge or anyone elses, the course record is -3ish by a local pro. It is an over all great course, all kinds of different holes, long, short, left, right. I am not sure of why it has a low rating other than there are a lot of novice players who hate that it is too challenging.

The course in my opinion is easy to navigate, I've played way harder than this.
Cons: The only con I can think of and I wouldn't say is a big deal is there are no tee pads. Not all drives are from cement, so you gotta get used to it at some point.
Other Thoughts: Wed Night Draw Dub Minis, $5 play, $1 ace pot and a CTP Prize.

Compass, Field Glasses, and a Map…Not Enough.

1    5/19/2010   5/20/2010
Review By: Donovan
Pros: This is a very long course with lots of trees, wide-open holes, and some slight elevation. There are 2 tee positions on many of the holes. The holes with trees are well designed with multiple routes and accuracy shots needed. The long wide-open holes are long enough to air out your drives. This is a tough course and for me that is a plus. There are a few tough pin placements to add to the difficulty. This place also has bathrooms on site.
Cons: Navigation is horrible here even with the map. You should really get a guide your first time here. Even the map has some mistakes on it. Not all the hole posts are there and some of the dirt/grass tee pads are in bad shape. Tee signs are really needed here to help with the navigation. Some of the walks between holes is quite extensive. Hole #15 to #16 was the longest one by far. The grounds are not well maintained. There needs to be some serious grass cutting and cleaning up going on. They do need trashcans out on the course.
Other Thoughts: The Fun Factor here is really mixed for me. There are some really great driving holes with trees in just the right spot to make you navigate your drives. I like that, but then there are some holes that are just obvious fillers. The navigation is bad, but after you play here once, you should be good to go. This course is tough and that is the long and short of it. It is a good long hike for exercise, so stop by here if you have time.