Garland, TX
Audubon Park Share
Uploaded By: patfan74 Hole #9 (Taken 3/2011)
Hole #9 Gold Tee

1 2 3 4 Next >
 Course still affected by construction

5+    9/20/2008   9/23/2008
Review By: Tiggertooth
Pros: The layout of the Audubon course still has potential. The first 7 holes still have baskets, and a few of the back 9 holes have baskets as well. The course is empty, as it isn't worth playing by the locals yet, so you can take as long as you want on every hole. And in truth, much of the park is well maintained elsewhere (grass is mowed, etc.) I did not feel uncomfortable at any time while in the park--though there were a lot of kids running around without parents nearby by that didn't really disturb me much.
Cons: Where to begin. In short, the middle 6 baskets of the course have been affected by park construction. So don't go expecting a full 18 holes. You can get in a good 10-12. The course is overgrown--it is hard to throw well on some of the holes because it just hasn't been maintained by the park service. The 5th hole has a gully that is so overgrown with weeds you'll spend 15 minutes just looking for the disc even if you know where it went in. We lost half an hour on that hole I think. The tee pads are dirt and very worn. One of them is under a fallen tree. In general, this course simply is in a state of repair by the park and volunteers, and until it is all put back together, and gets some steady traffic, it won't be the wonderful experience that it could be.
Other Thoughts: A friend of mine spoke with the local park service, who indicated they were still working on the park as of 8/20/08, and that they intend to put all the baskets back. Once that is accomplished, I might give it a go again. But even then it will take some doing to match up against other courses in the DFW area. That's a shame because Audubon was one of the courses I started on. It has long, challenging holes. A good mix of left and right shots, and big old trees running throughout that provide lots of shade. There's a creek too, which plays into most of the holes. All in all, a hard course, that's worth playing if it is restored to its former glory. I'm writing this review for the DFW players who might be wondering whether Audubon is ready for play yet.

1    9/11/2008   9/11/2008
Review By: itskinnan
Cons: This park was just plain terrible. To start, there were no maps and since I had never been there before, I had no idea where hole one was. After walking around the merky swamp course for about an hour, I finally found a cheap piece of wood with a "1" on it. This park was a ghost town. Other than the scary gang-members hanging out on the park benches in the middle of the course. There was not another disc golfer in site. The creek was dirty and filled with trash. If I had thrown a disc into it, I would't have dreamed of going anywhere near the garbage filled stream to retreave it. And just for the record, I am not a disc golf course snob by any means. I'll play anywhere. But I will never go back to that course again. For a thirty minute drive to go check out a new course that I had not been to, It was a huge dissapointment. I would not recommend playing this course.

2/24/2008   2/24/2008
Review By: mark
Pros: It is a power throwers paradice ,esp the back 9 holes . If Garland does what its suppose to do this can be a very chalangeing course . great for tourneys
if tey don't ! Practice only
be warned to be prepaired to loose some disc in the creek as i have on any occasions .
Cons: The creek is filled with trash and stinks to high heaven in the summer
Other Thoughts: could be oneof the most beautiful pks in the dalla area if maintained

Needs help!

12/25/2007   2/24/2008
Review By: punkfan55
Cons: This course was going through some major sewer repairs, that cut off nearly half of the course. There is a creek that runs through it, and it was full of trash. The holes I was able to play were average. The main sign was pretty much crap. I attached a picture of it in the course images.

1 2 3 4 Next >