Chico, CA
Peregrine Point Share
Uploaded By: JMONEY   (Taken 11/2011)
Course Sign

5+    6/9/2014   8/7/2014
Review By: Bossripper69
Pros: Great views and lots of different looks. This course makes me feel at home. I love the length and catching a look over the bluff. Nice tee pads and sexy baskets. I can't say enough good things about this course.
Cons: The only two things I can mention aren't possible due to county issues. This course could be 27 holes all with multiple pin locations but I am just happy the course made it through the restrictions and opposition of the county. Thank you Chico disc community and The Outsiders
Other Thoughts: Can't wait to rip a shot on hole 3 soon.

My favorite so far

5+    4/14/2013   4/21/2013
Review By: SamanthaWDG
This review was updated on 4/23/2013
Pros: Nice long t offs
Clear flags to tell you where you are throwing
Wildlife everywhere and great view of chico and upper bidwell at holes 3-7.
I enjoy hole 7 because you can go through the labyrinth, some hate, I love it!
You get great exercise and you are doing something fun while doing it
Cons: It's not flat, there are lava rocks everywhere so be advised to watch where you walk.
A gulch at #3 and sometimes alternate #4 you just might lose your disc if not careful.

#14 make sure it doesn't go far left because you will end up digging through poison
oak...just wash with cold water when you get home.

For the ladies no restrooms along the way so go before hand or bring tp. :)

Other Thoughts: Bring water, hats. sunscreen, snacks.

Technical Fun

1    3/28/2013   3/29/2013
Review By: getchofil
Pros: Most shots appeared blind until you take a second to locate off in the distance, over a hill, or across a cliff up onto another one. I loved this, opposed to the directly out in front with a few trees blocking. There was tons of elevation to make things more of a challenge. The terrain was awesome.
Cons: I can see this course in the Summer being a scorcher. Hearing that the park closes when rained on was a worry about its playability but wasn't an issue. Some signs to indicate both location and distance would make this even better.
Other Thoughts: Sherwood Forest was a fun nine hole to star the day but Peregrine is IT, nothin but top notch.

Stellar Course!

1    2/13/2012   2/14/2012
Review By: jhkovac
This review was updated on 2/15/2012
Pros: I have to admit, the course was technically "closed" yesterday, but I was traveling through town all the way from WA state & had some time on my hands, so I wanted to check this course out.....even if just to stop by and walk it a bit!
I could tell right away that the Outsiders have dropped some serious money & time on this course.
Great signage. Great concrete tee pads. The baskets were solid, numbered, and a couple of them had huge flags on top which helped with showing the current wind direction as well as the general location of the basket on the up-shots. Genius!
The scenery made me stop a couple of times just to take in the vast valley beyond the course. I loved the fact that if you mess up, your disc WILL be lost over the cliff. It just made me huck my DX Wraith that much harder & with confidence with my backhand toss on hole 3 & 6.
All of the hawks (I know why it's named Peregrine Point now!) & other avian were such a treat too.
Simply a great 18 hole course, worthy of traveling to play.
Cons: Hard to find the turnoff off Hwy 32. Just know that it is DIRECTLY across from Dean's Paintball Guns/Tailor Park & the Sierra Nevada Adopt-a-Hwy sign. Slow down considerably!
This course was technically closed at the time due to heavy, continual rains during this past week. While I understand why this is needed (heavy traffic on this erosion-happy cliff-sided course on a wet day would absolutely desecrate the beautiful landscape), it would still make me a bit sad if this was my local course. I'm sure that the non-peak rain seasons would more than make up for the few months that this would be a factor though. I'm not too sure what the weather is like in Chico, but it can't be nearly as bad as our weather up in the PNW!!
Other Thoughts: Just a beautiful, scenic course (period). This is one course that is a must play if you're in, around, or passing through Chico. My girlfriend & I decided that we'd never been to Chico, and given the choice to stay the night there or in Redding, we chose the former. Plus, I looked up the courses in each place and Chico won!
So happy that I was able to play this course!

Beautiful and Very Fun Course

5+    5/19/2011   6/5/2011
Review By: monty
Pros: Very beautiufl and extremely fun course. Nice pads and trails. Easy to find your disc. Long and short holes. My favorite course
Cons: Lose your disc on the cliff holes. Poison Oak can be a problem.
Other Thoughts: This a great course for a begginer, intermediate or pro. It really can challenge you, but it is possible to shoot a very low score