West Chicago, IL
Kress Creek Farms Share
Uploaded By: jenco Hole #17 (Taken 10/2011)
-- / --   4 / 570ft.   4 / 665ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Meh

2-4    7/25/2014   7/30/2014
Review By: SneakyJedi
Pros: - Reasonable mix of open and wooded holes
- Nice, isolated plot of land
- Good distance, let's you open up your arm
Cons: - Tall grass as rough means lost discs or a long time spent looking for them.
- Very few holes with any actual line shaping
- No concrete teepads
- Almost all the signage on posts is completely destroyed or unreadable
Other Thoughts: I last played this course with 3 other people and we are by no means beginners. However, even employing spotters, we lost track of several discs into the long grass being used to shape fairways. This does not make for a fun round of disc golf. we probably spent half an hour wading through the rough looking for our plastic, lost one disc, and easily could have lost more.

The strong winds during most of the round didn't help in our attempt to keep discs out of the long grass, but it has been windy every time I have gone here, and that is likely a very common scenario with such open holes.

There are a handful of interesting holes once you get out of the open fields, but they are few and far between, and in my opinion not worth suffering the mostly boring open holes, many of which include the chance of losing discs.

The grass tee pads don't help matters providing a much less than ideal run-up as you are trying to drive.

I could understand frequenting this course if it was the only course near you, but for most people I imagine there are better options (Madison Meadows, Katherine Legge, Eagle Ridge, Wheeler Park, Central Park or even Highland Park for example)

Having recently moved, this is the closest park to me, but I am not sure I will return. Playing this course was only slightly better than going to the large field just to the north, and working on my drive where I do not have to spend 10min wading through tall scratchy grass filled with bugs. I would much rather spend an additional 10-15min in the car to play an enjoyable round of golf.

Eh.

1    5/23/2011   5/23/2011
Review By: Arocep
Pros: Could be a decent 9 hole course.
Cons: The front 9 is gone, taken out. There are no kinds of tees or signs or anything indicating anything. Most of it is in a valley that stays pretty mushy in parts and mosquitos/bugs are everywhere.

The hole layouts from where you might think the tee would go are awkward.
Other Thoughts: If you like picking where to choose from then u might like this course. Not my style as I prefer to keep track of how well i do at a set couse.