Pflugerville, TX
North Town Share
Uploaded By: TejasKajun Hole #3 (Taken 2/2011)

Beginner frustration

1    9/21/2013   11/19/2013
Review By: JerryW
Pros: The variety of shots is good. Some open, some alley shots, some dog legs. Some long, some short.
Cons: I can't imagine this would be very fun for a beginner. When I played this I was very new at the sport and it was frustrating. Looking back and after improving some I can see how an amateur or pro would do fine on it.
Other Thoughts: There were a few holes that were hard to locate.

Great Start to a Fun Course

1    3/20/2011   3/21/2011
Review By: gek76
Pros: Fun and challenging course. Each hole offered something a little different. Didn't feel like I was just throwing the same hole over and over. Challenging enough for seasoned players but not intimidating to beginners. Appreciated the baskets having arrows to next tee since this was our first time at this course. Local were friendly. Park offers a lot, dog park, play ground, picnic area, and of course a nice disc golf course. I can see bring the whole family here on our next visit to Austin.
Cons: Course still feels very new. Like they are still playing with the lay out and stuff. Tee signs are done with a black marker on a metal plate, my guess is so they can change the hole layout as they see what works the best before investing in more permanent signs. Trees and brush looked like it had just been cut back. Tees were rough and rutted badly. I don't have a big run up but I do take a few steps but was afraid to cause of the ruts on most tees. I wouldn't want to play here after a big rain cause the ruts in the tees would be full of water. A few of the tee signs where broken off the posts. Hole 7 seems excessively long (600+) then hole 8 was really short(200+). Basket for hole 6 felt close to the tees for hole 2 and 7. An over throw on 6 could easily hit people at 2 or 7.
Other Thoughts: This course had some problems, but I think they are all part of the growing process and I am sure they will be worked out. I will be back to play here on my next visit to the in-laws. It is the nicest course I have played in North Austin so far and I look forward to watching it grow. There where plenty of people out playing but I never felt rushed. I can see the water hazards coming into play even more if there had been any rain recently.
The park has its own fenced in dog park so I would say the disc golf course is leashed dog friendly though I did see some people with their dogs off leash on the course. Except for a couple of stream crossing the course is stroller/cart friendly.

Great Potential

5+    2/26/2011   2/27/2011
Review By: slicemaster
This review was updated on 6/9/2012
Pros: 1. Great variation of shots and good degree of difficulty.
2. Finally a challenging 18 hole course in Pflugerville/North Austin.
3. Good course layout and has massive potential to become one of the top spots in town
Cons: 1. Trees are a bit bit much on the course and will prove much more difficult when everything turns green.
2. Creek is shocking deep in some areas, discs most certainly can be lost to the depths.
3. It is in the beginning stages so work is still being done so watch out for the stumps.
Other Thoughts: I can't wait to see this course when it reaches its full potential. I can definitely say this will be my new home course as Falcon Pointe is not good and Wells Branch is too short. Thanks for the great new course, I know I will appreciate it. Watch out for 11 it is a bastard but a great signature hole.

ehhhhh

1    2/5/2011   2/5/2011
Review By: MattyIce
This review was updated on 3/31/2011
Pros: a pro would be that the course has lots of hole variation. quite a few right turning holes (if ur a lefty that will be nice)
Tee boxes were decent
Cons: a good number of the holes felt like you were just throwing straight through woods and hoping that somehow miraculously you would get through, there didnt seem to be any defined path ways (even if they are super narrow).
Signage was horrible, usually just a sharpie on a pole
Other Thoughts: lots of water, Creeks and ponds