Not much, but keeps the itch at bay
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - It's a disc golf course within 100 miles of Yokosuka!
- The 7 baskets are in pretty good shape, although not well mounted.
- Lots of opportunities to make up your own throws
- No crowds...ever! I have played this course probably 20 times and have yet to see another golfer here (also a con)
- There are some really cool shots here, including water hazards, an OB ditch, and overhanging trees that force good line shaping skills.
- There's a really cool Navy anchor graveyard on site, and an abandoned ammo bunker from WWII back in the back of the park (watch for Gejigejis)
- There are great hiking trails all through this park, I have been known to come for a round of golf and stay most of the day wandering the trails along the ridges that overlook the course.
Cons: - Not even a 9 hole course
- Most holes are easily reachable in one.
- Baskets are not mounted well, in fact, last time I was here one of them was knocked over.
- Vandalism: a few years ago, this was a 10 hole course, but 3 of the baskets have disappeared over the years.
- Tees (and I use the term very loosely) are hard to find, with no signs whatsoever, and in most places, not even a worn spot to tell you where to throw from.
- Some of the course can get really marshy, especially during the rainy season.
Other Thoughts: It's not the best course, but it's the only one around. Next time I head out here, I'm going to spend some time working on course improvements. Even if you don't like the course, there is still enough to do in this park to keep you occupied for a day. (is that a giant clam or just a big-ass rock?!?)
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Worst course in Tokyo....so far
Pros: Scenic landscaped beginner friendly course
Cons: Too many to count. I only found 4 of 9 baskets, the course is tucked in at the back of a military base, and it's in a camping area that is subject to hosting events on the course. There is no tee pads or directional signs and the baskets that I did find weren't properly installed. Basically, it's a park with small park with 4 random baskets.
Other Thoughts: This course isn't actually on Yokosuka itself, it's on a nearby housing installation about 5 miles away. I called the MWR ahead of time , but they were little to no help about course layout or even how many baskets there should be.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.