Climax, MI
Cold Brook Park Share
Uploaded By: landon77 Hole #7 (Taken 2/2009)

w00t

1    5/27/2011   5/31/2011
Review By: bygwyllay
Pros: V A R I E T Y
Wooded holes, open fields, tunnel shots, hills and valleys, water hazards, peninsula pin placements - the list goes on.

Great signage throughout, and cement tee pads on every hole. The tee boxes themselves were great as well - usually the tee was fenced in by some logs. A few were elevated or built into the hill the tee was on - very cool. Benches spaced out well, trash cans available.

The first 18 play in and out of the woods with nice elevation changes and tight lines. And I do mean TIGHT - Bring your A game for this course!

And just when you think the course is becoming static it unleashes the last 6 holes: two along the lake where any overthrow has your plastic in the drink, two bombs over a massive field, and hole #24 that has you shirk a clearing through the brush and down the hill towards the goal. A near-perfect hole to end a near-perfect course.
Cons: The ONLY con I have about this course is the basket placement of #13 and 16. They are literally one in front of the other (spaced maybe 75 feet apart) and we ended up playing 16's basket on 13's tee and vice versa.
Other Thoughts: Best course I've played in Michigan so far. $5 car fee is cheap compared to Washtenaw County parks and well worth it - the lawn was being mowed as we arrived and the grounds were very well-kept. If I lived anywhere near this course I would play several times a season. I bet this would make a great winter course too.

My favourite hole was #4, shooting down into a valley and then back up a hill, with the pin hiding behind a cluster of aged tree trunks. Tends to favor LHBH/RHFH a bit more than most of the courses I've played. If you are taking a trip to the Battle Creek area, put this one down on your list!