Course Extinct
Austin (Wells Branch), TX
Wells Branch Park - Old Layout II Share
Uploaded By: skoofer Hole #2 (Taken 4/2011)

Almost satisfying

1    4/12/2011   4/12/2011
Review By: noahdawson90
Pros: -Very clean park, quite scenic considering it is located in an urban environment
-Locals were very helpful. It was my first time ever playing here, and since not many of the tees are numbered later on in the course, it really helped that other players were so eager to help me find my way.
-Good variety of shots. I really learned a lot about my shot on this course.
-Course is a good test of your mid-range game
Cons: -Terrain is a little misleading. The creek running through the park is cleverly disguised by trees and unflattering lighting (especially early afternoon)
-Course feels very crowded. It is very narrow, and I felt as though I was always having to be extra cautious so I wouldn't crowd other players that were playing in my direction.
-The pins are not located in an orderly way. The tees do not seem to have a "natural direction" to them, so everything seems a bit scattered.
-No holes that are long enough to really put some heat behind my tee-off.
Other Thoughts: -Lost my favorite disc (a yellow star wraith) to the creek on hole #11. Be careful, I didn't even see it until after I had teed off.
- I will be trying a different course in the area next time I'm there.