Metairie, LA
Lafreniere Park Share
Uploaded By: MikeK Hole #2 (Taken 3/2011)

Don't go on weekends...

1    1/31/2016   1/31/2016
Review By: ELLE
Pros: Pretty park in general.
Cons: Crowded
Other Thoughts: Visiting the New Orleans area I had a day in the plans to go play Lafreneire and New City Park. I have to say that is park in general is a very nice place, so nice in fact that unfortunately, I had people picnicing, flying kites, driving remote control cars, playing fetch with dogs and just generally doing anything you can image in the middle of the disc golf course, it gets little regard in the eyes of the park patrons. People picnic right in the middle of fairways and on greens next to baskets, so if you go on the weekend you'll be skipping holes to avoid park patrons. Otherwise, it's a reasonable course in a pretty setting, holes are for the most part short and with only a few tree obstacles asking the player to choose between a couple mildly challenging lines. Not a high level challenge, but a reasonable course. Just don't go on a Sunday afternoon like I did... I was the only disc golfer on the course and it was more crowded than any course I've ever been on... big mistake.

Be Flexible

5+    2/16/2012   9/16/2013
Review By: BirmingDan
Pros: Some nice holes. Even a couple with ELEVATION in New Orleans, believe it or not.
Cons: Non golfers everywhere.
Other Thoughts: I used to live in New Orleans, and there were only two courses. This was my second choice. Any day spent disc golfing is great, so I won't complain too much. Just be patient with the soccer crowds, the joggers, the picniccers, etc.