7 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Disc golf is one of the many activities on offer at Lafreniere Park, a large mostly flat expanse dotted with trees of various types and sizes. Occassional water (mostly on #'s 4 and 5) and a few small hills help keep this course from being completely one dimensional.
- Navigation is relatively smooth even with the bare minimum in the way of signage and the course's propensity to jump across roads to other sections of the park.
- Grass tees, while far from ideal, were plenty sufficient for my needs the entire round.
- Stretching the course to 24 holes helps add somewhat to the fun factor, and with enough trees to force some basic line shaping Lafreniere is fun enough to play without ever having a "wow" sorta moment.
Cons: - Absolutely NO privacy. This course twists and turns back and forth past one busy park activity or attraction after another. Benches, walkways, the water's edge, busy park roadways, some sort of band shelter pavilion thingy, past the entrance, exercise station, washrooms and back along the road, along a dog park fence for a bit, then some people's yards, then back again to the parking lot…I mean, holy moley there's a freakin' lot of shizzz goin' down at this place.
- I got stalked by three turkeys (honest injun) for three holes right by the entrance gate.
- Overall, not much in the way of risk/reward (#4 and #5 are pretty decent in this regard but that's about it).
- After awhile, I felt like each hole was more or less the same thing. The designers really tried, it's just a fairly uninspiring piece of land for disc golf.
Other Thoughts: - Boiling of seafood is absolutely prohibited, according to the sign at the entrance. So watch out.
7 of 8 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 6 Not
Pros: Some nice holes. Even a couple with ELEVATION in New Orleans, believe it or not.
Cons: Non golfers everywhere.
Other Thoughts: I used to live in New Orleans, and there were only two courses. This was my second choice. Any day spent disc golfing is great, so I won't complain too much. Just be patient with the soccer crowds, the joggers, the picniccers, etc.
1 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.