Metairie, LA
Lafreniere Park Share
Uploaded By: hooked312 Hole #4 (Taken 4/2012)

Crowded, but Enjoyable

2-4    4/9/2012   4/10/2012
Review By: hooked312
Pros: - With limited landscape there is a good mix of holes.
- Great use of the man-made lagoons to incorporate water into the course.
- Bathrooms and water fountains in the park.
- The Park seems to be very well maintained as there were crews out all over working on the grounds.
- Decent baskets, and hole signs with distance on them.
Cons: - As previously stated in other reviews this park is very popular for Non-DGers. There is a dog park and paths all over, so there is always lots of people to watch out for.
- Grass/Dirt tee pads. It is sometimes difficult to locate the small tee markers in the taller grass.
- The tee signs could have a little hole direction on them. Your first time out you need to go out of your way to figure out where the baskets are.
- The bulletin board with the course map is hard to find in this park, but it is close to shelter #3.
- After a few holes I found that the course could flow better. Some of the walks in between make sense, but other holes just seem out of place or even forced.
Other Thoughts: Even though the park can be very busy and difficult to navigate for first timers I found the course to be a fun challenge. I had to pull out a wide variety of shots from my bag, using almost every disc I brought.
I thought the water and the man-made hills were well used to add to the course layout and that and since the course was so well maintained it was a very comfortable round.

Final thought: not sure where the bunnies, roosters and strange ducks are from, but I thought it was fun to see them running wild in the park and I didn't mind them at all.

I am adding a course map to the pictures and some updated pics of the holes. I would take a picture of the map with you for your first time playing.