1 Helpful / 0 Not
Fun course, needs a bit more work
Pros: • Dual tees on 7 out of 9 baskets (holes 6 & 8 each have only one tee) make it worth playing 18 holes.
• Some interesting holes with decent variety. Most holes offer a few different lines that could work, but all take decent execution. Hole 3 is a simple, wooded tunnel, with pretty much one line - "Here it is, hit it if you can.
• Good use of natural elements. Carefully placed baskets make you earn birdies. Flat for the most part, but capitalizes quite well on few topographical features available.
• Course actually flows OK.... once you get the hang of it. Seems like it might have you throwing across a fairway, but it doesn't. They did well squeezing seven decent holes into the parcel on the north side of the street ( 8 & 9 are on the south side Cleary Dr).
• Provides some reasonably long shots if you play the blue tees.
• Good use of land. Unless they need another relatively small building on campus, I really can't picture another decent use for that parcel of land. Well located on the campus for a quick, quiet round.
• Quite a good course for beginners.
• Nice new Chainstars.
Cons: • Navigation could be tough for 1st timers. Would really benefit from better tee markers. A decent map would help (thanks for trying, but the linked Google map of the course just isn't quite right)... not always clear which basket you're throwing to.
• Not a fan of holes that run near and parallel to roads (holes 8 & 9).
• Litter, too much for a quiet college course. This course can't get that much traffic.
• Seems a bit RHBH friendly - could be tough going for LHBH players.
Other Thoughts: A fun round, all in all. Enough challenge and variety to keep it from being boring, but nothing particularly special or out of the ordinary. I can't complain about the tee pads. Sure, concrete would be nice, but that probably won't happen, and the "natural" tees were in good shape... at least at this point.
I'd give this 2.25 if I could. Improve the signage (nothing fancy, just make the distances clearer and point the direction to make it obvious which basket is the target) and I'll call this a very solid 2.5.
Hole Info corrected: Blue = long, Red = short
They were reversed on the Hole Info tab.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Pros: Great location, right off of 96 in Howell located on the Cleary University Campus.
Great course for beginners just starting out
Cons: Holes aren't very well marked, very confusing layout (i'd recommend you play your first time at this course with someone who has played it)
No teepads as of yet (4-12-11)
No mulch around pins (4-12-11)
No real "flow" to the course YET (as i said, great potential. Can't wait for it to grow out and they get pads and pins fully installed)
Other Thoughts: Not sure if distance has been measured yet for each hole.
Some water holes that i can see filling up very nice for some awesome shots this summer
I made a makeshift course map in google maps, not 100%, pic hasnt been updated in year doesn't show new construction
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.