Glacier, WA
Glacier DGC - Front 18 Share
Uploaded By: cefire Hole #9
3 / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #9 Tee: Orange hula hoop basket is to the right of the path

Fun course - but beware at night!

1    4/16/2014   5/29/2014
Review By: forehandfranz
Pros: I am going to include the "back 18" in this review since I can't see enough differentiation in the two courses.

I came here with my friend who has a cabin in the nearby community. We played the front 18 in the day and the back at night.

It's a pitch and putt course that has wonderful holes with magical setting of moss, ferns, and old cedar trees on rolling elevation. If you come with shortness in mind, you will have fun. If you accept that the hoola hoop baskets will require nothing but loft putts, you will have fun. Just accept it for what it is! I thought the scenery was worth it alone, but the course has many tight lines and hoops on nasty hills that can cause rollaways that make it all interesting.
Cons: Neighboring cabins at night.....

I'm not sure if this course is on public or private land (someone please send me a P.M if you know the story), but we were playing the back 18 at night and one of the neighbors saw our lights in the woods. He hollered out to ask who we were. When we told him we were playing disc he kept yelling a stream of profanities at us to get the F*#%* out of there. At that point we were a bit lost and told him such, that we meant him no harm, and were leaving. We think he was drunk or seriously cranked up on something, as he would not relent. Obviously we were not on HIS property, because he had no clue there was a disc course out there. Needless to say, it was a serious buzz-kill for us.
Other Thoughts: I recommend coming here if you're in the area, but don't go out of your way. If you don't like anything but chain baskets (if you are a Lake Stevens basket hater) you will not like the hula baskets. We thought they were a nice option and creative.

Beautiful But........................?

1    9/21/2012   10/4/2012
Pros: Driving up here on the long road in, I was getting ready to totally disagree with my three previous fellow reviewers and their 3 star rating for this off the beaten path course with it's 200' holes, no signs, no teepads and these crummy, homemade hula hoop targets that lie horizontal to the ground.

Two factors somewhat convinced me to reconsider my preliminary impressions. First is the fact that the first three reviewers are three of the most capable and proven reviewers on DGCR and my respect for them is tremendous.
Secondly, upon playing the course, it truly is a magical and beautiful piece of land for a course. The terrain with it's towering cedar trees, abundance of ferns, gently rolling hills along with a creek running through it all, is a wonderful place to build a course.
Everything about the course is primitive and has a pioneer feel to it. This course could have been built in 1850 by pioneers using old wagon wheels instead of hula hoops and fishing nets to catch your frisbee pie pans. By the way, hang on to those orginal pie pans, they'll be worth a lot of money some day.
The designers were right to keep these holes short with the targets in sight. The underbrush is so very thick making this no place for for blind 500' holes.
ACE runs abound although I don't know about actually getting one to catch on these net targetety things.
I loved # 4 which was a little 150' (estimated) throw across the valley.
# 17 was a straight on ACE run with the hula hoop target actually tilted back toward the teebox area.

Cons: Playing here by myself for the first time, navigation was extremely difficult. I managed to find, I think, 18 targets. Or the front 18. I also found # 18 on what I assume is the back 18. That was the only target that I found a second sign for. At times, navigation was fairly easy and had a natural flow but later I found it more tricky.
Also playing alone, I chose to skip a couple of holes, not wanting to spend countless hours down in the deep gulch searching for lost discs.
Other Thoughts: The course definitely has the Northwest rain forest feel like other Washington/British Colombia courses like Lucky Mud, NAD, Hornings and some others. As lovely as it might be, it's a long trek to make to play a course without baskets, signs and pads. Other then the locals who live closeby, I don't see it receiving many return visits.