10 Helpful / 1 Not
Perfect Beginners Course
Pros: - Please keep in mind that this park is labeled as a beginner's course and I have rated this course as such. Having said that, this is a PERFECT beginner's course! It's mainly flat with shorter holes so the little tykes you bring wont get exhausted. There's no real blind shots and lots of ace opportunity. This course alone will be responsible for adding more new players to disc golf than another other course in Ohio. The reason is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. This park is very popular with parents that have little kids and they are constantly looking at the baskets and players trying to figure out what this disc golf thing is. Little kids ask their parents, parents talk to us, it's a great chain reaction that will pull in a lot of interest to the sport in Medina. I've had so many people of all ages ask me about the sport and have stopped what they were doing to watch me throw. I will always try to keep a few spare discs to give to any kid that seems really interested.
- Great amenities. Pavilions, tables, pool, bathrooms, HUGE grade A play area for the kids and a dog park.
- Plenty of parking
- Signs marking the disc golf course
- Billboard with an accurate map
- Some signs to next tee
- Nice flow. A small walk to hole #1 from the parking area but hole #18 ends at the parking lot.
- Fantastic use of the available land
- Nice mix of shots and optional paths to take
- Baskets are labeled
- Trashcans are available and the park is very clean. Great upkeep!
- No vandalism
Cons: - Old baskets
- Natural tees could use some mulching during the very muddy spring time. The course doesn't drain well during that time at all.
- Course plays close to the kids play area and picnic area
- Expect this park to be very busy in the summer and having to pause play so that you can allow people to pass by. The areas of note are the entrance to the park (hole #9) and the sidewalk going out the back of the park cuts across most of the back 7.
Other Thoughts: - The first 7 holes are behind the pool and kids play area. Holes 8 & 9 are in the front by the dog park.
- Great course to hit before or after a round at Roscoe which is a destination course for all players
- The most challenging hole for me is hole #3. I am in a constant state of confusion about whether to anhyzer a beat disc, throw a low and straight disc or hyzer an overstable disc.
- My favorite hole is hole #7. I love doing a silly trick shot here and throw a line drive at the ground about 80' away and have the disc skip immediately left right at the basket. Just a fun shot to make and nail metal with.
- This is not a destination course for the average player. This IS a destination course if you want to bring the little tykes out for great family outing.
- Huge thanks to all those that have put this course together! I love bringing the family to this park and it's great to have a course here now.
10 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.