Course Extinct
Oregon City, OR
Singer Creek Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: JMONEY Hole #6 (Taken 4/2012)

5+    3/20/2012   5/9/2012
Review By: FlippyBoss
Pros: So when I heard that Oregon City was getting a disc course I was stoked. I lived in Oregon City for years and always played Mciver and Timber and was looking forward to a lunch time course. This is fun for safari holes or throwing putters and midrange, drivers are not needed. I would have loved making a disc course in scouts. Nice secluded park thats easy to find.
Cons: The lack of any tee pads, course direction, flow, and most of all the baskets!!! These baskets EAT plastic. They will take chunks out of champion plasic and shred dx. The problem is that the rims were cut with a saw and are sharp enough to cut your hand. This could probably be solved by adding break line tubbing or something to reduce the sharp edges. Serious these baskets took a chunk out of my gateway SSS magic. There aren't pads which I can deal with but there isn't even marked locations to throw from or any numbers on the baskets so I can't even say that there is a way to actually "play" this course. Very tight and if it was ever crowded you would never stop dodging discs from every direction. To make matters worse somebody took a can of spray paint and put numbers on the baskets and on the ground trying to designate a layout. This reflects bad on the whole disc golf community and they didn't even come up with a logical layout with some of the "pads" being behind bushes.
Other Thoughts: The location is good and elevation could really have come into play. I feel that this is an ongoing project and probably not finished, there aren't even bottoms on the baskets yet. Signs, pads, and basket numbers need to be added before I would actually call this a course. Until the baskets are replaced or fixed I would advise not playing or bringing junk discs.

So short it might have a complex!

1    7/6/2011   7/8/2011
Review By: sillybizz
Pros: The Scout that put in this course made a very easy practice area course for locals and for the purpose of throwing at baskets this has been achieved. The baskets are homemade and although they couldn't catch a cold they are interesting and unique. It seems some work was put into these for sure. There are a couple of fun safari holes I was scouting out and if I lived close I would have fun making these up, maybe you could even do this with a couple of friends and whom ever won that last hole gets to pick the next safari hole. Could be fun.
Cons: There really isn't a course here. I hate to put down other people's work but this course should not be taken serious and if you don't take it serious it can be quite fun going for aces on very short holes. The only problem is the baskets… The baskets just don't catch that well and when they do there is no bottom catching it just this little orange thing that the discs slip through half the time, so aces need to stick in the actual chain assembly to count!
Other Thoughts: It's too bad there is nothing here exciting. I think having two practice baskets and some different tee areas would be a little more interesting but safari here could be fun for lids or putters.

Putt-a-Thon

2-4    3/31/2011   3/31/2011
Review By: CaptianTrilogy
Pros: This was a fun little course close to home. I found out about this course on Discgolfscene.com and checked it out on nwdiscgolfnews.com and decided I needed to try it out. My brother and I drove the ten minutes and played the course four times. The first time it was fairly hard to get the flow down but after that it was a lot of fun. All we tried to do was ace the course. The baskets were really cool looking but were for sure not PDGA approved.
Cons: The baskets did not hold discs at all. There were no other tee pads except on hole one. There was also near to no parking. And there was mud.
Other Thoughts: This course was really cool and I will play it again for sure. The best part is it was made by the Boy Scouts. This course is really good for work on your short game, if you are driving from far away don't waste your time though.