2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Lots of variety: uphill, downhill, hyzer and anhyzer.
- Discatcher baskets, in great condition.
- Great for beginners up to advanced: The longest throw is about 230 feet. At first glance, this course seems extremely easy, but with all the rough and variety, it can be tricky with easy ace opportunities (#6, #9) up to technical tunnel shots (#12, #17).
- Very light traffic on the course. On most days, you will be the only one out there!
- Regular weekly tournaments played on Sundays.
- If you do run into anyone out here, the locals are always friendly and willing to play a round with you or show you around the course.
Cons: - Restrooms are located in the back of the park near the playground, a decent hike from the course.
- No benches or trash cans.
- Poison ivy, mosquitos, ticks, and the "rough" areas are VERY rough. Pretty easy to lose a disc if you're not prepared for it.
- Basket #8 is sitting in the shed behind the park office and no attempt to re-install has been made.
- Some fairways cross. With basket #8 missing, #1 and #8 currently share a basket. A lot of holes are close together, but with hardly anybody playing, there isn't much to worry about.
- Strong winds on the hill sometimes. I've had the wind carry a couple of drivers right off the course, across the creek and into EXTREME thorns.
- Fairway grass is usually cut regularly. However, if it's been rainy, they can't get the mowers up on the hill, as was the case this summer. At one point, the grass was waist high.
- There is a landfill and transfer station nearby. On hot days, it can be stinky on the back of the course.
Other Thoughts: - There is a unique geocache available on the course!
- Natural tee-pads only.
- This is such a big, primarily unused park, they could re-design the course and have a lot more variety and distance.
- The course is worth it if you're in the area. If you happen to be out at Farm Life in Williamston or Munden Point in Virginia Beach, consider making the drive.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.