Lula, GA
North Georgia Canopy Tours Share
Uploaded By: marc Hole #12 (Taken 10/2012)

Not too beginner friendly

1    9/28/2011   10/7/2011
Review By: GavinSexton
Pros: Very technical and challenging, concrete tees, new baskets. Clean fairways.
Cons: Heavy shrubbery next to fairways (thorns, AND LOTS OF THEM, vines, poison oak and ivy). Muddy in places, after rain for a few days.

Other Thoughts: I think this would be a great pro course. But it was to difficult for me and my friend. We have just started and are beginners. We lost a total of three discs (2 of which we found, then lost, while playing).

I can almost guarantee loosing a disc here at some point.

Be prepared to walk and take at least 2 hours. Its a long long course. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Just a warning

Strong course; great potential

1    5/7/2011   5/7/2011
Review By: bholy08
Pros: Several pros that stand out:
1) memorable shots; legitimate par 5 on hole six, and a beautiful 15, and of course the chicken coop hole 12.
2) good variety...almost every hole has a unique feel (see cons for a couple of holes that lack some character)
3) great elevation changes; easier holes like 1 and 3 are much more entertaining due to downhill shots...and the tougher holes have difficult uphill looks that require a variety of shot selections.
4) good signage...first time out and didn't have any trouble navigating other than from 9 to 10.
5) multiple tees; almost every hole has a pro and rec tee pad that both offer a challenging game to their target player.
6) practice basket; nice touch right on the way to tee 1 or after the 18th basket...
Cons: Most of the cons are due to the courses newness so keep the date in mind as you read these.
1) tough foliage; several of the fairways were cut out of thick brush and some of the obvious areas that miss throws will end up are covered in weeds, thistles and some poison ivy.
2) dirty fairways; by this I mean many of the fairways were bull dosed so the soil is pretty loose and earthy. Some rain or early morning dew (my scenario) makes a mess.
3) no trash bins; not a big deal to me personally because I never have anything to throw out, but know its a concern for many.
4) no restrooms; other than the main facility there are no other options and considering the length of the course that could be an issue.
5) pay to play; didn't see this on any previous reviews but when I stopped by the office for a score card I found out that it was $5 per person (this could be avoided by skipping the office altogether, hint!)
6) the 17th is still in need of tee pads.
Other Thoughts: I rated this course 3.5 but believe that it could easily be a 4.0. As this course matures I feel that it will be a solid, challenging and memorable dg venue. As of now it could use some work but definitely still worth the time!

DG in Lula GA

2-4    5/2/2011   5/2/2011
Review By: jimiwater
Pros: Private course located in Lula, GA.

Great long course that is very private and player friendly.
Cons: Needs alot more folks to come up and play...couple of years and this will be a master course.
Other Thoughts: An additional 9 more holes will be welcomed.

Hidden Gem

1    4/23/2011   4/23/2011
Review By: The Doctor
Pros: 1. Am and Pro tee pads
2. THE CHICKEN COOP HOLE
3. Platform tee pads on hillsides to keep a level pad
4. Holes have signs
5. Score card with distances and accurate map
6. Nice and helpful staff
7. Im from Michigan and the locals invited me to shoot with them...Good People up there
8. ITS PRIVATE...no jakes
9. I went on a Saturday and saw only one other group
10. Lots of variations in shot selection, elevation, and distance.
11. Beautiful Land
Cons: 1. New course so its not to defined yet
2. still some brush that needs to be trimmed back from the launch pads to give the shooter more room.
3. its hard to think of more cons. I had a great time
Other Thoughts: I had an awesome time at this course today. Its going to be a Championship course in a few years. It just needs to get worked in. The chicken coop hole was a highlight of my day. I have not seen a hole like that before. I only rated it a 3.5 because its so new...in 2 years its easily a 4 or 4.5...no question. I am visiting my sister in Symrna(ATL) and it was well worth the 60 mile drive.