Lula, GA
North Georgia Canopy Tours Share
Uploaded By: marc Hole #10 (Taken 10/2012)
Hole #10 Short Tee Fairway

Luscious Lula.

2-4    3/20/2013   5/20/2013
Review By: Connor Jones
Pros: Variety, so much of it. Lefts and rights and ups and downs, excellent course flow that never feels monotonous in design, I can't recall anything I would consider a filler hole.

Amazing teepads that set up perfectly for two very fitting levels of challenge. The longs will fully test your abilities while the shorts will allow you to maybe have a slightly less frustrating time, if you're off your game, while still enjoying the astounding beauty this property has to offer!

The lodge has an incredibly friendly staff that remembered me by name after only encountering me in one previous interaction, that was awesome. Vending machines inside with nice tables to relax at and cool down, and the always great bonus of having a real bathroom.

Everything out here is fair, I never felt as if a hole had punished me on a good throw, all of my mistakes were my own, everything about this course is a true test of what you've learned, it's definitely not anywhere near the most punishing courses i've played, but it's also far, far from the easiest, amazingly balanced for all throwing styles.

A beautiful blend of open and wooded, including a couple that feel open while your throwing in the woods, which is an absolutely awesome feeling, one of my favorite hole types.
Cons: I honestly can't think of any real cons. This isn't the best course I've ever played, which may lead you to ask why I'm giving it a five.

I've had the opportunity to play two courses prior to this one that I consider a five, both extremely private and incredible, this course manages to achieve the same type of vibe and course feel that usually only comes in complete seclusion, which is definitely not an easy task. It does lack some of what I will call the "cool factor" that a Flyboy or Brackett's Bluff(OG layout) has but just barely, as far as the course goes, this is a 5 in my book.
Other Thoughts: I had been wanting to play this track for a long time. Keith Johnson had mentioned that he thought I may like it...many times. He was right. Keith did an absolutely amazing job on this property and a shoutout to anyone who helped him accomplish anything. This is a perfect example of what I think of when I think of Georgia Disc Golf. Please come play this course, after you play it once I'm relatively certain you'll be begging them to snap that Lincoln out of your hand.

I had to think on this for a bit as to what I was going to give it, as I was hovering in between a 4.5 and a 5, but the amount of fun you will have out here on this absolutely beautiful property deserves nothing but the highest marks in my eyes.

Put it on your wish list

1    12/31/2012   1/7/2013
Review By: gcrussell4
This review was updated on 2/11/2013
Pros: This course is better than its current rating. This is truly a destination quality course. I was in town to visit my in-laws north of Atlanta and saw this course had pretty recently been developed in the area and so I took the drive to go visit.

First impression, even with the trees bare in winter, this is still a beautiful area and an absolutely ideal place to put a DG course. The course took full advantage of a wide range of tight wooded areas and more open fields. The elevation of the area came into play with several very fun and challenging uphill and downhill throws. I ran into the course designer while I was playing (he was moving pin positions as he does about once a month) and his comment to me was, "This is the kind of thing you can do when you are on private land and you are given free reign to use the land how you wish." That statement really captures the course and the way that it compliments the environment that it is located in. Keith was able to widen a fairway if it made better use of the land or enhance the diversity of the course. This leads to a great flow through the course and a feeling that every hole is a perfect fit for the location.

I know a lot of you won't read the narrative, so here are a few quick hitters in list form to quickly illustrate a few of this course's biggest pros:

1) Beautiful area and land--from one teebox you look out over the trees and can see the mountains of North Carolina, a couple holes later you stand at another teebox and look over the mountains of Georgia--stunning

2) Balanced--power vs. finesse, lefty vs. righty, elevation vs. flat, it is all here

3) No "throw-away" holes--not a single hole feels like a filler

4) Great mix of fun and challenge--some courses are great mostly because of their challenge (i.e. Idlewild), some because of the fun factor (i.e. Flip City), some really achieve both in great balance (i.e. Flyboy), I feel like this course finds that balance very nicely.
Cons: Not really anything--I guess it could be listed as a con that it is far away from any metro area, or that it is physically demanding enough that it could be a struggle for someone in bad shape, but I don't hold those things against the course.
Other Thoughts: Flyboy is still my far and away number one course that I have ever played, but this course is in the next tier of favorites that includes (in no particular order): Idlewild, Flip City, Toboggan, and Delaveaga--I would rate it just higher than Holler in the Hills, Waterworks, Renaissance, and the Circle R Ranch courses.

Truly an awesome course

Best course I've ever played

1    2/2/2012   2/2/2012
Review By: Iowa420DG
Pros: This course was an orgasm from hole to hole. Beautiful Northern Georgia, in the mountains. A ziplining course runs through the same private property.
This course creates tricky and clever shots... best of all, they're shots you've never seen before! The changes in elevation are incredible. The course is extremely well-manicured; with steps, benches, defined pathways, next tee signs, water stations, and trash cans. The course was well-cut (not overgrown).
Cons: The course is a good hike and will leave most players tired at the end. Retrieving some discs that leave the fairway may be a little dangerous on the steep hillsides
Other Thoughts: Hole #12 plays inside of a building! I love it

Ga's newest Gem

2-4    10/16/2011   10/17/2011
Review By: Dollar26045
Pros: Solid Design - good mix of long and short. CLEAN FAIRWAYS!!!! A Very VALID Course.

Beautiful Land - Lots of elevation change, nice mix of woods and open, up and down, and left and right

2 sets of concrete Tees - I only played the longs

New Disccatchers

The chicken ShaQ (with drink machines)

Friendly People

Zip Lining and Canopy Tours on site! Also Camping and TeePee rentals!

Exercise!
Cons: While the hills are pretty, they do require some serious hiking up and down the "lil mountain."

While the fairways are CLEAN, the rough is thick with shule. A very good player will have little to no issues staying on the fairway most of the time.

It also gets a little windy up there.

BIGGEST CON- Is that I dont live there and can't play it all the time
Other Thoughts: This is by far the best new course in GA since Flyboy. It also easily breaks into the Top 5 of GA courses.

It's an excellent weekend getaway with Disc Golf, Zip Line tours, and camping on site.

I have played over 100 courses around the country and won Pro Tournaments in 7 different states, and this is only the 2nd course I have ever felt strongly enough about to review.

I hope enough disc golfers venture out to NGCT to show the owners what a special disc golf course they have created.

Beautiful and Tough Course north of Gainesville!

5+    1/15/2012   4/12/2011
Review By: BobbyC13
This review was updated on 1/15/2012
Pros: This course is still a work in progress, but it is a great new course which can be tough to make. This course is gorgeous and one of the best in GA for sure!

Concrete tee pads on all holes, trash cans and benches are on every other hole now. Great flow of longer and shorter holes. New discatcher baskets. Two tee pads, pros are tough and recs are actually challenging and in most cases a different shot from pros. Clean cut wooded holes. Several pro holes over 400 feet. Tough shorter holes throwing uphill and downhill. Great job John Ritger and Keith Johnson as designers.

Chicken coup shot is fun, there are several other great holes though!!!
Cons: Course still needs some work to level out areas behind a few tee pads on longer holes.
Other Thoughts: Come play this fun course. pay $5 for the day and play all day, or pay $60 for an annual pass. Great flowing layout that tests your skill and determination. The staff is great and welcomes criticism.

815, 555, 480, & 400 foot holes here. Even wooded and open. Alternate pins on about a 3rd of the holes now!

This course continues to get better and better!

***Sunday dubs on the 3rd Sunday of every month, $15 for all in with 3 CTP's!***