Dexter, MI
3 / 170ft.   3 / 190ft.   3 / 170ft.   3 / 190ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #6 Long Tee

1    8/15/2009   8/30/2009
Review By: GB Phil G
Pros: It has everything the original has and more! Tight fairways and blind holes I cant reach excite me. Many different throws are required. Another course that can be enoyed by a seasoned player from both short and long pads. Any course with a 1000 ft. hole deserves respect!
Cons: Potential disc loss. The local I played with was all about having a spotter on the fairway during drives. The types of drives needed didn't differ as much now that I think about it. Golf cart pass check traffic was a bit thick. I was also warned the cops make sure golfers "behave" on the course. Did some bad apples ruin it for the rest of us? Thought I was going to get a background check when I asked for help with my car troubles.
Other Thoughts: Too bad theres a great lake between me and this course. I'll return some day to beat my 98 score. Thanks to the awesome people on the course for making sure I had a great time.

Just as good as the original

5+    7/14/2009   7/17/2009
Review By: bygwyllay
This review was updated on 6/9/2011
Pros: A nice layout leads you across several roads and bridges; the bonus holes are nicely placed after hole #13. I would have to say these holes "looked" better than the original course's, but they were fairly similar. I did enjoy that there were very few open field shots - most holes had trees/shrubs marking the rough. Multiple tees and pins put a wide variety of options at your fingertips. Some straighton shots, hyzers, and anhyzers mixed in for shits and giggles. Challenging without being daunting.
Cons: Golf carts extremely annoying. Why would you constantly drive through fairways while people are playing. Just rude. I assume they are spying on people, but how about you have a little faith in your fellow man?
Other Thoughts: Man hole #14 is rediculously long. I shot terribly on this hole, but not because of the length. I don't know what it was, but everything flew off into the trees. It is a very nice looking hole. If I had to choose between this course and the OG, I think the Monster would squeak out the big W.

best course i've played

2-4    8/10/2007   7/10/2009
Review By: AusTexDoc
Pros: This course has it all. Good maps, signs, variety, well planned, well maintained, and good fellow golfers.
Cons: It's not in Texas.
Other Thoughts: Bring a couple of extra favorite discs. I almost lost a couple on the longer holes. This course will make you use every disc in your bag.

The Monster UPs and Downs

2-4    7/8/2009   7/9/2009
Review By: Queenie Bee
Pros: New double tee pads along with double basket placements at all times makes for 4 different ways to play each hole (think about it -- 2x2=4), make for great variety.

Well maintained fairways, tee pads, and baskets. Clearly marked. Clean -- trash cans at almost every hole.

Great setting. Great song birds and wildlife (we saw a family of three deer, in the middle of a Wednesday!).
Cons: POISON IVY is off the fairways at many points on this course (trust me I found lots of patches!). Be careful, wash your hands (and shower if you were in shorts) when you are done with this round just to get the oil off your skin. Some blackberries too.

Tight fairways in many spots -- accuracy is important here (see previous note about Poison Ivy!). Also helps to spot your groups discs well when they go off the fairway. The grass is really tall and can swallow up discs easily.

Bugs were not too bad, but probably a good idea to bring spray if the skeeters tend to think you taste good.

A fair number of short holes, not really in keeping with the "monster" title.

Some road noise on a few holes.
Other Thoughts: The $2 fee is important not to forget. The ticket for not having paid it is $50 plus court costs, so best not to risk it. I asked one of the patrolers in a golf cart (we saw three of them the whole time we were out on the course) if alcohol is allowed. Answer: so long as it is just beer and wine, and they ask that you not drink near the parking lot or around families. Keep it discrete. In addition to the course attendants in the golf carts, the police patrol the park well, so it seems like it doesn't get too rowdy.

Bathrooms are near the parking lot and there are vault toilets at the turn between 8&9.

League plays Wednesday nights from 4-7pm.

Overall a great day!

My Favorite Course

2-4    4/23/2009   5/11/2009
Review By: sonicsbeer
Pros: This course is awesome! Plenty of challenges throughout the course make for a great experience, yet user friendly enough that the 8 year old I sometimes take with me loves it, too! 24 holes make it more than worth the drive, and the course is kept up beautifully!
Cons: Hard to think of any... I can't say I've ever had a negative thought about this course.
Other Thoughts: There are maps available for this course, just to the right of where you pay. They run tournaments for this course as well as the original course in the park. Many of the tournaments are even sponsored by disc manufacturers such as Innova and Disc Craft.

Very Nice Course!

1    4/13/2009   4/14/2009
Review By: ambroze
Pros: Nice layout and very challenging. This course offers a wide range of shots and will kick your butt if not careful. 24 holes is always a plus!!
Cons: Somewhat hard to navigate for a first time player (office said there was no maps). I played a couple of baskets wrong because there were some baskets down the fairways I was driving on. So, it can be a little confusing. Would be nice if there were better signs to indicate where the next tee pad is located.
Other Thoughts: If you decide to play this course, you will not be disappointed.

1    4/20/2008   12/9/2008
Review By: DirtyMittenDG
This review was updated on 9/9/2011
Pros: --The course is in a nice metro park with open fields and big patches of woods. The maintenance here very good, its like a country club feel. Every hole has dual concrete tee pads, there are signs on every hole, and it's very easy to follow (maps are available).

-Theres a pretty good variety of holes here between technical, open, short, and long. Not as good as the original course though.
Cons: Hazards--
The thick can be overwellming in some spots, a few blind shots make it a big factor on a couple holes.

--Monster is a little over rated in my opinion, but for sure worth a play.
Other Thoughts: --Hudson Mills is a nice park, maybe the best (as far as maintenance goes). They have all the basic qualities you can ask for in a park, like dual concrete tee pads, signs, maps, ect. It also has 48 holes total, so that already gives it a good reputation. The only thing I have against the monster course that the holes seem repetative. Its true that there are both "tech" and "big arm" holes but it feels like you rotate between 4 different holes constantly (a few unique holes though). Thats the reason I gave Monster only a 3.5 rating.

Cost to Play--
$4 per car and $2 per person to play.

5+    10/6/2008   11/6/2008
Review By: NEWBY1151
This review was updated on 11/26/2008
Pros: This is one of the best courses I've ever played,great variety of open and wooded holes,Pro and Am tees on every hole,cement tee pads and great signs,easy to navigate,bathrooms,some minor elevation changes,24 holes with the option to play 18 or 24,challenging and lots of fun,practice hole,
Cons: Not close enough too my house!
Beware of rattle snake signs posted although I have played this course many times and never seen or heard of any on the course,lacks some elevation changes,
Other Thoughts: Metro-park pass required for parking,$4 daily or $20 a year,DGC is pay to play $2 a day or $50 a year,Totally worth the money I would definitely recommend this course,this is a fairly long course bring water

Get Ready to Throw your Ass Off!!

5+    6/5/2008   10/5/2008
Review By: PNovak22
This review was updated on 2/5/2009
Pros: This course is awesome! Until recently I only played this course in the summer. In the winter it was extremly challenging and just as fun. Many long, tight, and open holes to test every shot you can dream up.
-very clean
-well maintained
-many picnic benches and garbage cans on everyhole
-signs for every hole
-score cards provided
-cjs right down the street with all your disc golf needs and discount to A3 members
-pay to play helps pay to maintain the course
Cons: I don't have anything that I can complain about. Some people may think the pay to play is a downfall.
Other Thoughts: This is the best course in my area. Definitely requires concentration. Be prepared to bring your "A" game and stop in and check out CJ's, before your round.

1    7/25/2008   7/25/2008
Review By: Nickwells
This review was updated on 8/12/2008
Pros: This course is legit. There's two concrete tee's & sometimes two baskets for more of challenge. The signs are real nice; they give you a good idea of what you're throwing. The score card you get at the office has a map on the back which really came in handy. The holes are layed out real nice with a lot of variety of shots. There's benches & trash cans at every holes. Looks like it's very maintained. Tree's are placed well to create a good challenge. There's a epic 1,000+ foot hole that I'll never forget 'cause everyone lost their disc on it. There's a bathroom roughly halfway through the course. The bonus holes are real nice. I suggest playing them. I hear it's busy on the weekend... but it seems to be kinda dead during the week. There's a party store down the street that sells disc's.
Cons: There's a $2 fee to play on top of the $4 to get in if you don't have a metro park pass. No signs to point you to the next hole. If you didn't have the map on the back of the score card you'd probably get lost. Par on some holes could be set a little lower. The rough is real thick. Better pay attention to your disc or you might not find it. There could be some downhill & uphill holes.
Other Thoughts: A must play course in my opinion. I haven't played the original course yet but I'm sure it's just as good. Probably spend a whole day here between the 2.