Buffalo, MO
Buffalo Prairie Middle School DGC Share

A Christmas Round

2-4    12/25/2013   12/27/2013
Review By: KDinIN
Pros: I lived in Buffalo much of my life before moving away, and I must say it was a nice surprise to find a course (even a 6 holer) when I went back for Christmas.

Aside from the course existing, there are some pros to mention.

I was pleasantly impressed with the quality of baskets on this six hole course. I was worried they were going to be some cheap baskets, but the baskets looked like DGA Mach III's.

The layout wasn't bad, and though the plot of ground didn't have a ton to work with, there was some elevation change and some trees, and they were used pretty well. A number of RHBH anny shots to work around obstacles. Definitely no monster holes, the longest being somewhere in the range of 280-310ft.
Cons: No tee signs, course layout map, or anything of the like. The tees are marked with wooden poles, and it takes some guessing figuring out which tee goes with which basket. During my first round, I had to double back when I threw from the third tee to the 5th basket. Figured it out after a round though.

Also, the plot though used well, has a drainage ditch running down the middle of it. I played with the temperature in the teens, so everything was frozen, but it got up to 40 or so on Christmas day and it got muddy quick. And with no tee pad material laid down, footing can become an issue quick.

I appreciated finding any kind of course in Buffalo, but a 6 holer will always be a bit disappointing. It can be played a number of times, but I always want a course to have at least 9 holes.
Other Thoughts: As the other reviewer noted, any disc golf presence in Buffalo, MO is better than none at all.

Buffalo Middle School

1    6/8/2011   6/10/2011
Review By: DiscMan Walking
Pros: I applaud the effort to introduce Disc Golf to a younger audience - it is great to purchase baskets and set up a small course where kids can experience the excitement of Disc Golf. Kudos!
Cons: I only found 6 holes. The 6 that I found were passable and not gimme's (about 250 feet each) with the basket usually behind something that created creative avenues to the basket and not just straight shots. Not for Pro/Advanced players but a good spot to get out and stretch your legs and practice your up-shots and putting.
Other Thoughts: Any Disc Golf in a small Missouri town is better than no Disc Golf at all.