Helena, MT
Hyzer Hills DGC Share
Uploaded By: borisbecker475   (Taken 1/2014)
Nice View of Helena (next to #12)

Weaknesses Addressed

1    9/18/2016   9/26/2016
Review By: bkelso
Pros: Prior reviews noted the confusing course layout and somewhat primitive conditions. This has been addressed by whoever maintains the course. The only trick now is finding hole #1. Once you do that, there are directional signs and tee signs that clearly indicate which hole you are on. And finding the next tee from the last hole is very logical and easy to do. See photos for signage.
Cons: Some of the holes are very long for an average player. Although the day we were there I believe they were getting ready for a tournament and had moved the holes back quite a bit in some cases.
Other Thoughts: Nice mountain course. Good variety of long, short, straight, not straight holes. They have a practice tee. It was a bit windy when we played, but it was windy everywhere. Friendly locals. We don't live in Helena, but if we did I would play here all the time.

1    7/1/2014   7/15/2014
Review By: Canis Lupis
Pros: Great elevation mix. Excellent assortment of distances. Scenic views of the area. Thoughtful course design. Nice baskets and pads (although if it were or had rained it would be a different story.) Very friendly/helpful locals.
Cons: Non existent directional signs for a course that desperately requires it. I had my map open on my phone and still had trouble deciphering where to go. Grass was a bit long when we played
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed playing this course. It would be ranked higher if there were a few improvements to signage and course maintenance. Even still, I would play this again with out a doubt.

1    3/13/2012   3/13/2012
Review By: bubbaarmy
Pros: Fun variety of holes. Not very difficult, but some challenging shots. Nice rubber tee boxes, brand new Mach 3 baskets.
Cons: Little hard to navigate, not much parking
Other Thoughts: Very fun course, well worth the stop to play!