Waxhaw, NC
Cuthbertson Middle School Share
Uploaded By: NCBUCKEYE Hole #6 (Taken 7/2011)

Attaboy Goob

1    1/4/2013   1/11/2013
Review By: Stan McDaniel
Pros: I would like to preface my review with the wish that beginner/school courses had different criteria for their ratings. Otherwise how can a short beginner course get a high review? This course is a wonderful 9 hole beginner course with open holes and wooded holes. Signage is excellent and there are even a few benches. The course flows well. There are even plans for expansion to 18 holes per the course designer. As I drove in I drove to the closest parking lot and was within a couple hundred feet of the tee for hole 9 and it was easily visible from the parking lot so I didn't have to search for the course.
Cons: I that hole 8 might get some beginners to throw errant (really errant) shots over a fence into the retention pond. I like that for a tougher course but not a beginner course, and beginners do throw some crazy shots. Not much to criticize. Perhaps a bit more manicuring around a couple of greens to clean up for putts inside 0 meters. Natural tee pads, but only a potential problem if wet.
Other Thoughts: I love these kind of courses. The community embraces them and it gives access and exposure to disc golf to everyone as we get courses into schools.

Cuthbertson

1    9/15/2012   9/18/2012
Review By: Hornberger
Pros: Wonderful course to teach a kid to play! Short enough to keep their attention span, and interesting enough layout to help them learn the basics of throwing. We've played a dozen times, and have never seen anyone out there. Hole 8 is a 314 ft par three that is a lot of fun to just practice getting a drive close to the basket (by far the longest hole on the course). Those local to Waxhaw or Weddington looking to get into the sport, or have young children that you'd like to introduce to disc golf, should use this course.
Cons: Would love to see tee pads instead of markers. I also see enough space to add another 9 holes and have a true 18 hole course.
Other Thoughts: It's nice to see this type of course becoming more prevalent around Charlotte! My kids love it, and I'm looking forward to their first ACE because of it!

Cuthbertson

1    12/17/2011   12/17/2011
Review By: NCBUCKEYE
Pros: Warm up area: soccer field adjacent to hole one to throw some warm up throws

Hole signs with yardage

Variety of Holes: Easy 1st starter hole, Open and Wooded Holes, Straight, DL Right, DL Left, Straight Up Hill, Straight Down Hill, One Driver Hole and great finishing hole to try and score on.

Speed of Round Play: I have played many times with my kids and have yet to run into anyone playing the course. Don't have to worry about my kids taking too many shots and slowing down others on the course.

Great place to play if you have young kids or want to play a round with the family.
Cons: No cement tees

No practice basket

No bathroom or water fountain
Other Thoughts: This course is suited for kids and first time players. My review is based on the intent of the type of play for the course.

Two thumbs ups to the designer of the course. You had a great vision and designed the course well for its purpose and amount of space. Does anyone know whom designed it?