Noble, OK
Noble DGC Share
Uploaded By: WoogieBoogie Hole #16 (Taken 3/2012)
-- / --   -- / --   3 / 231ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

fun wooded course!

1    12/29/2012   6/8/2013
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: -tons of different lines, lots of variety
-lots of thick woods
-great concrete tees and signs, discatchers in great condition, tape on the baskets to the next tee
-lots of technical shots, a few longer holes to open up
-seems well-kept and improvements are always being done
Cons: -very punishing rough
-lots of poison ivy, it's getting better but it's still there
-trash, what's the deal?
Other Thoughts: This is a great course with a really fun variety of shots carved out of dense woods. It is challenging but a blast to play. The tees, signs, and baskets are great and you can tell a lot of love has been put into the course. It seems they are always making improvements.

There are lots of really tight wooded shots with punishing rough off the fairways. A great place to work on control and smart golf.

I'm surprised that I don't have much to say here because this really is a great course, the best I have played in Oklahoma. Always worth driving out of the way off 35 to stop for a round and there are discs and maps at the hardware store down the street.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

Not all that... yet.

1    3/3/2013   3/24/2013
Review By: OKC444
Pros: Very good use of space and topography. Nice mix of open and long with a healthy dose of thick woods, briars & underbrush. Excellent tee pads, signs & colored tape on basket cage to point to next tee box is a nice touch.
Cons: Still overrun with underbrush leaving several holes unreachable for most players drives without great peril & difficult recovery.
Other Thoughts: This course is a diamond in the rough. I would be shocked if I go back next spring and don't decide to give this course the 4.5 I can clearly see they are building. It's pretty amazing what these guys have carved out.

Best in Central Oklahoma

5+    2/5/2013   2/8/2013
Review By: DanEBoy
Pros: Great Mixture of holes, wooded, open, long and short. This has definatly become my favorite course to play and how lucky am I? It's also my home course. I've played every course I can find in central oklahoma, and this one is the best.
Other Thoughts: Course has changed it's layout since the pictures were uploaded. 12&13 has swapped with 14&15. There is a great map on the backside of the park sign displaying all holes accurately.

The Best in Central OK

5+    12/2/2012   12/11/2012
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Great Concrete Tees
Newish Discatchers
Great Tee Signs (with next Tee marked on them)
Challenging
Uses every shot in your bag
Bathrooms
Not too crowded
Love the risk/reward on most holes
Pavillion/Picnic area good for family/friends
Dedicated parking lot is good size (not too crowded)
Good selection of discs at the hardware store in town (Innova mostly some Lat64, Vibram, Discraft, and gateway)
Friendly locals

Favorite Hles: #3, #4, #5, #8, #10, #18
Wow that's too many but I can't leave any out.
Not a sinsle bad hole on the course IMO.
Cons: Only one set of tees
A little trash (people just can't seem to carry the trash another 100ft to the trash cans)
Walking path in play on a few holes (not busy often)
Need a few more benches and Trash cans
Other Thoughts: I absolutely love this course. My review is heavily weighted for FUN FACTOR. This why I play after all. I live apx 50 min from this course and it is worth every minute of the drive. If you are anywhere near the area it is a must play. Stop at the Noble Hardware and pick up a map and maybe a few discs while you're there. Can't say enough good things about this course. You have to play it to appreciate how great a course it is. It gets better every time I play it. Truly the crown jewel of a very nice disc golf scene in central OK.

Worth the trip

1    11/24/2012   11/24/2012
Review By: joshua323
Pros: I drove two hours from Muskogee to play this little course. I would have to say it was worth every mile of it. I loved the use of the space provided. The tight fairways made it a challenge on the shorter holes and a few expletives when smacking a tree. I will have to put it in the top 7 of courses I have played.
Cons: Only thing I can think of is on holes 4 & 8, a well placed sign would make it easier to distinguish where the baskets are. As for the poison ivy. I get a shot 4 times yearly to keep immune. It's worth it!!!!

Tough course

5+    8/8/2012   8/13/2012
Review By: TylerM
This review was updated on 11/8/2012
Pros: Tee pads are great, baskets in excellent condition, signage is excellent, restrooms are nice, and the locals are friendly and helpful.

This course allows you to try a variety of shots. Some holes let you air it out for pretty big distance (4 & 8), while others force you to squeeze your shot down long, narrow fairways. The rough can be very punishing, so it forces concentration on most shots.

There is a hardware store with a decent selection of discs just down the road.

Holes 3,4,8,10,15, and 18 are all memorable holes.

The layout is very easy to follow and I love the way the loop puts you right back at the parking lot.
Cons: Disc eaters!!! Very easy to lose discs on many holes. Not noob friendly (I shot an 80 my first time -kinda discouraging).
Other Thoughts: The designers have worked very hard the last few years to constantly improve this course. I have met a couple of them while playing and they have been kind and helpful. I think this course may become the crown jewel of the Southern OKC area disc golf scene. I look forward to playing here again and seeing this great course get even better. UPDATE : With the new pads and signs and the rough getting beat down a little, I think this course deserves a 5. Incredible variety with a nice atmosphere = top notch course!

Awesome

5+    8/11/2012   8/11/2012
Review By: Inspector
Pros: The course looks great! I think every time I play it I see another line to the basket on about every hole. The bathrooms are clean and there is alot of shade and trash cans..
Cons: Thorns and trash! what is the deal with the trash ? I take a trash bag about every time I play and it's filled up by hole 4.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course and it could look better if people would just use the trash cans!

Nice variety

1    4/16/2012   5/17/2012
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course is carved out of fairly dense forest with a couple holes in more open areas. Those couple holes offer some nice longer shots with baskets tucked into protected spots. The rest of the course offers a really nice set of lines to hit, with a balance of left and right turning shots and some more creative s-curve type shots.

There is a nice balance of hole lengths, with a couple longer multi-shot holes and a good mix of easily reachable and longer technical shots. The tees were a mix of nice concrete pads and level packed dirt tees, all were in good shape and provided good surface. It sounds like all are concrete now, a nice improvement. The discatchers seemed pretty brand new and catch great.
Cons: I rarely mention poison ivy, it's a typical hazard to deal with in this sport. This is some of the worst I've seen though, it's all over every hole, most of the rough is ivy and it's growing on many of the fairways. The course still plays a bit rough in general, it needs some traffic to really break in and open up a little fairer lines on a few shots. Through no fault of the designer, the course is very flat, I always enjoy some interesting elevation to mix things up.

Navigation is a little tricky. When I played signage was really limited, hopefully distances and hole layouts are on whatever signs go in to eliminate some of the scouting required on the blind shots. A few spots have longer unmarked walks between holes and other spots require walking partway up fairways to get to the next tee. A walking and biking path comes into play, could be a safety issue if it gets much traffic.
Other Thoughts: Beginners will find this course pretty tight and punishing, the rough is thick and errant shots are going to end up in poison ivy every time. More experienced players will find this one a little rough, but as it breaks in it will provide a great balance of challenging shots to hit and rewarding birdie opportunities. I would hit this one again if I were in the area, though long pants and a quick wash afterward are recommended.

It's a jungle out there

2-4    2/26/2012   2/26/2012
Review By: WoogieBoogie
This review was updated on 3/9/2012
Pros: Extremely technical, you will hit trees at some point. Really save yourself some energy and stop by noble hardware on the way in to pick up a map. They also have a great innova selection plus blizzard champs i didn't think any stores sold those. There is a lot of poison ivy but with care you can avoid it. (Update) - New concrete pads around the outer 6 holes, they look regulation size and are sick.
Cons: no tee pads still but the natural ones are alright. Bring your baseball/golf ball the trees are disc eaters. Had to climb one for my comet today.
Other Thoughts: good course, wasnt too busy when we got there and only took us two hours for 18 ( we played 4 to 8's basket and then played 7 as if it were 5 before we caught on that something was amiss, our fault for not getting the map)

Very nice technical course

1    7/9/2011   7/10/2011
Review By: okiebullgod
Pros: Another great course in the little Mecca of disc golf in and around the Norman area. Really well designed for the area allowed. It's a course that makes you put some thought into each shot as lines are tight and placement is key due to pretty thick woods lining the cleared fairways. The course offers some sloped elevation. The baskets all have tape indicating the direction of the next tee, and there is signage where the flow could be confusing between holes 7-9. This course has potential grow into something great. if you're in the area this new course is a must see.
Cons: Future teeboxes will help with some tricky footing issues over tree roots on some holes.
Other Thoughts: This is a tough, technical course that takes consistency and accuracy to score well on, but don't fear it. It's a very fun, nicely laid out, challenging course that will make your game better. I believe we'll be hearing some things in the future about young talent coming from the Norman area, and courses like this one are the reason why.