Tyler, TX
Lindsey Park - Red Course Share
Uploaded By: chalos13 Hole #13 (Taken 11/2009)
3 / 253ft.   -- / --   4 / 482ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

5+    2/22/2011   2/24/2011
Review By: coolpooky7
Pros: This course is fun to alternate throwing from the red and blue tee boxes. The 2 super long holes from the blue tee box are a great challenge. The course flows really well too. you end pretty close to where you start.
Cons: I do not like the old baskets. Many of my putts hit dead center and just come straight out. Maybe I am just spoiled on the newer Innova baskets.

Very fun course

2-4    6/15/2008   1/28/2009
Review By: cc0049
Pros: This was a very fun and very challenging course. There are concrete tee pads on all holes and they provide the opportunity to choose between a short or a long, which I love. The long tees seemed to add quite a bit more length and challenge on the holes. Speaking from memory, it seemed that there were more open holes on the Red course than the Blue and that overall the holes were just slightly shorter. There were a lot of really fun shots on this course...through trees, over trees, long downhills, uphills, hyzer, anhyzer. You name the shot, there was an opportunity that allowed for it. The baskets are good and the course was in great shape. I really enjoyed playing here and will look forward to the next time I'm in Tyler to play again. The Red course was much easier to navigate than the Blue and since more people were playing the Red course it was easier to ask for directions if I did need help.
Cons: There aren't really an negatives that I can think of. There are more open holes on this course than on the Blue course, so that made part of the course a little more boring.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I think that I enjoyed the Blue course a little more, simply because it seemed a little more challenging. I played Blue first, then Red. Next time I'll reverse it and see if that has any effect on my opinion of the courses. I also played in heavy Texas heat, so these courses could have been even more enjoyable than they already were.

Great place to play golf

1/20/2007   11/26/2007
Review By: NIBSTOOLS
Pros: Shorter of the two courses setup in the same park. But still long and challenging, but not as crazy challenging as the blue course.
Cons: No negatives I can remember. Not getting any younger!
Other Thoughts: I'd like to play this course again but don't expect I'll ever be in Tyler again. You never know though!