1 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Variety of holes: open, enclosed, water hazard. Easy to follow course with opportunities for breaks. Bathrooms located between holes 1 & 2 (porta potty) and also between 3 & 4 (indoor pavilion, when unlocked). Varying ages and levels of players for handicapped leagues.
Cons: High traffic after 4pm, as said above. Can get soggy on holes 1, 2 and 17 after heavy rain.
Other Thoughts: Excited to have this nice 18 hole course in West Bend!!
1 of 6 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 4 Not
Awesome now with full 18
Pros: Good variety of short and long holes, water hazard shots and obstacles. Very easy to find next holes and great scenery.
Cons: Can be really busy after 4pm as the High School is nearby. Still need full signs & concrete pads.
Other Thoughts: Great full design of course. Great variety of long distance and challenging shots. Most end up around 350. Some are shorter with lots of trees and some are 400-475 which can be a challenge to beginners. Overall very fun and great variety. Please pick up your trash !!
3 of 7 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 13 Not
Pros: Long challenging holes that have wind, elevation change and water hazards. With a back area that has more wooded and narrow fairways.
Cons: Needs concrete teepads on all holes. The Club is raising funds to develop the teepads. in time.
1 of 14 people found this review helpful.
Update: 11/22/12. Getting Better!
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Lots of recent changes to this course make it very fun!! Here is what disc golfers in West Bend now have available to them:
18 holes located throughout a very nice park. The holes are sprawled out throughout the park to use lots of varieties of terrain. The course designers here did not limit themselves to holes that owuld yield the best flow, rather they made sure the disc golf here was enjoyable.
*Great variety of distance among the holes from the long tees. Bring your drivers and stretch your arm!
*Fun obstacles on about half of the holes
*Throw across the MIlwaukee River!
*Good mixture of wooded holes and open holes
*For the holes that have concrete teepads anbd signs, they look great!
Cons: *This course is still a work in progress. Only about half of the holes have concrete teepads, so as these get installed, I expect this courses rating will climb even higher (especially if they install concrete teepads from the short positions).
*A lot of the holes were fairly open, and from the short tees, these would probably be pretty boring
*There appeared to be multiple pin placements, and on a few of the tees the signs don't indicate where the pin is currently located. Hole 4 was not where it was listed on the sign, so if you are new here watch out for things like that before you throw!
Other Thoughts: I will visit this course whenever I am in West Bend. I gave this course a rather low rating last year, but the designers and the City of West Bend have done a great job helping it grow since then.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 2 Not
Course is nearly complete.
Pros: 1) Signs on each tee listing distance! The new tee signs are incredible looking and huge which is much appreciated. I sure hope that doesn't make them a target for vandalism.
2) Long course which will challenge your long distance throws more often than not. The newer 9 holes that just were completed are shorter overall and more technical.
3) There are dual tees on most holes, concrete has been completed on a handful of holes, but I can't wait to get back when the concrete has been completed so I can give my drives 100%.
4) Mach 3 baskets are in decent condition . . . I assume these came from Villa Park.
5) Water in play on this course . . . Advanced level players won't find the water challenging, but it still is fun to know you have to throw over and along water.
6) A couple of long turnovers, a chance to throw a roller or two, a big hyzer, a few tight tunnels, and a couple open holes . . .A very diverse propert with a great mix of holes.
7) This course is fairly beginner friendly because even though there is water on the course, it is hardly in play. The short tee option is always appreciated, allowing families and kids to still play this course despite being very suitable for Advanced level players.
Cons: 1) Grass/dirt tees are always a negative, but I am pretty sure these tees will be concrete sometime soon. The few that are in are large and trapezoidal concrete and much appreciated.
2) It looks like they tried to keep baskets and throwing lines away from the walking paths, but being a new course and probably a busy park, I am sure a lot of people will wonder what is going on here. I am unsure if the path runnning through the woods gets used, but it will be dangerous if it is because from the tee on #13 the path is virtually blind, and vice versa.
3) The natural beauty of this course lacks in a few spots, some of this might be due to the new 9 being pretty new. The prairie has been mowed down, but not really levelled or graded, the trees in the prairie have suckers and underbrush growing up around them because the mower cannot get that close, the newer holes are very compacted or gravelly creating really bare soils with minimal turf. I have a feeling some of these issues might disappear overtime, but it is also quite possible that this course will get beat down quickly due to the heavy traffic and the thin turf in the prairies and the gravelling holes. This course already looks like it has seen years of traffic.
4) Some of the prairie holes feel a little contrived, meaning they just do not feel natural. I don't have a solution for how to fix this, perhaps it will just happen over time when the holes take their completed shape.
5) Garbage cans and tee signs are not complete yet.
Other Thoughts: All 18 holes are in at this point and the course has jumped from 2.5 discs to 3, and when the concrete is completed, the signs are all in, and the underbrush has been beaten down i could see this course rising another 1/2 disc to 3.5.
8 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.