Carmel, IN
The Hill @ Northview Church Share
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #1 (Taken 6/2011)

Terrain limits potential

1    8/29/2016   11/4/2016
Review By: tangerinewarehouse
Pros: Nice elevation changes.
Nice variety of shots.
Good baskets.
Multiple tees 2 per.
Map at the beginning.
Nicely mowed and clean. didn't see any garbage.
Cons: The layout is a little confusing in some places.
The area is shared with by a running track and some sports fields so sometimes there are lots of people around to be careful of.
Aren't really any wooded holes but some line shaping.
Not the most creative design.
Dirt/grass tee pads.
Not very challenging, every shot is kind of one dimensional.

Other Thoughts: This is a decent course with a bit of a chance to air it out a bit if it isn't too busy. I found my confidence affected by the number of joggers around. The shots were varied enough to have fun but not super challenging to where I am dying to come back. This is a course you would feel lucky to have in your neighborhood but you wouldn't drive too far to go play at. My sister lives near by and I plan on destroying this course next time when there isn't so much foot traffic.

1    9/17/2011   9/21/2011
Review By: duckkiller73
Pros: -GREAT SIGNS! From the one at the beginning where we parked to each tee the signs were excellent.
-2 tee's. That was nice. I threw from the short ones and thought they played nice, but the long ones did change the way a few of the holes played.
-2 pin locations. I played the B pins. I am wanting to come back to play the A pins.
-Beautiful atmosphere. Everyone seemed friendly and did not act like we were in the way or anything, even if they weren't playing disc golf.
-Lots of other things to do.
Cons: -Open holes. There were a lot of open shots. I wasn't forced to shape very many shots at all. May not be a bad thing for some, but I really like the challenge and demand of a forced shot on some holes throughout a course.
-No trash cans. The course was pretty clean, but when we had finished our drinks and snacks we had no where to put the trash.
-Maps. The map sign at the beginning was beautiful, but there needed to be something I could bring with me to find my way around. We struggled getting started, but then it flowed pretty well.
-Grass Tee's. Maybe not a con to some, but I like to tee off from concrete or something with a bit more grip than grass.
Other Thoughts: -Bring your energy. This course demands a nice walk. We played 3 other courses the day I played it and it was by far the most demanding terrain. There was a slight walk between holes, but I found that beneficial because we never felt like other golfers were throwing upon us!