Asheville, NC
Richmond Hill Share
Uploaded By: DiscChainBasket18 Hole #1 (Taken 6/2009)
3 / 369ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #1 Basket (Short Position): Considered an island green. You must land in the dirt surrounding the basket. If you skip off the dirt to OB you can place your mark in bounds at the point where it went out. Re-tee until in bounds.

Great course

5+    8/5/2012   12/1/2012
Review By: jgrubb22
Pros: Great course with a good mixture of holes. I love the tee pads here and the course is in a nice location. Has a nicd practice area with tons of parking. I always get excited when we head to play this course.
Cons: Dont really have any.
Other Thoughts: Make sure ur in good shape cause there is plenty of hills to walk up and down. Also make sure ur on ur game when u go here cause there is some tight shots.

The best course I've ever played!

2-4    10/23/2010   10/25/2010
Review By: johnnyfoodstamp
Pros: Everything! This course has elevation, birdie ops, long, short, technical shots and open bombs. Plenty of bench space at most holes. Great signage and nice flow. Loved Holes 1/5/15/18 especially. Nice practice area and a mobile pro shop even pulled up selling discs! Huge carpet tee pads. I also really dug the blue basket tops. They really stand out in the woods.
Cons: Not a one I can think of unless your too old or fat to climb mountains all day.
Other Thoughts: I WILL make the 5 hour trip to come back here as soon as I can. What a great course. We played the first round at 8:30am and there was only 1 other person out there. Epic scenery + brilliant design = amazing course

seperates the men from the boys

5+    8/12/2010   8/23/2010
Review By: jimmazz
Pros: Difficult, yet acessable fairways. Great hike and a relaxed atmosphere. Bring your A game, and dont be afaraid to use you putter. glide rules.
Cons: Douchebags, and poison ivy.
Other Thoughts: This is my everyday course. Pack out your trash, and enjoy this truly amazing course/

A workout

5+    10/1/2008   6/12/2009
Review By: Rockwell
This review was updated on 4/29/2010
Pros: Park dedicated solely to disc golf.
Well manicured, well thought out design requiring skill in execution of shots.

Hole 5: Signature Hole? I think so. Standing on the tee gives you a sense of your smallness in this big world (and big hole). Lace a drive over the gully and halfway up the other side, and you'll feel a little bigger.

Hole 9: A gantlet of a shot over wooded ravine that begs you to split the V-trees and scoot up the hillside for a birdie. But it is a fickle hole, and you will often find yourself at the bottom of the ravine, hoping for a par save.

Hole 17: A beauty of a three shot hole when in the long position. You are given choices off the tee of how you want to set up your second shot, which will take you up to a terraced green. This hole requires the often neglected upshot.

Hole 18: A scary way to finish a round. After being jailed in by huge trees for an hour, you are birthed onto a teepad overlooking a semi open fairway that can spell disaster or triumph. Strong winds are always a factor here. Don't be lulled by the great mountain view, you still have work to do.
Cons: Can get busy. (which is a pro for our sport, so just play at non peak hours)
Other Thoughts: What a disc golf experience should be like.

Lots of thrills in these hills

2-4    2/18/2009   2/20/2009
Review By: BigBombBeeZee
Pros: I am a new player and have only played the game twice. Fortunately for me, I live less than 10 min. from this beauty. First off, the people and scenery are just outstanding. Lots of trees to play through and a very "tight" course. I look forward to honing my skills on this course and hopefully ill be unstopable on any other course
Cons: It can get a little bit crowded, but like I said, everybody is super nice.
Other Thoughts: Bring your dog along, he might find a friend along the course. Dont forget the cold beer!

Awesome Course!

5+    12/10/2008   2/16/2009
Review By: xellotath1111
Pros: A really great workout of a course located in the beautiful Applachia Mountains. Very laid back and background noise is minimal from distractions.
Cons: Tees like others say, but nothing more than that. Doesn't hold back anything.
Other Thoughts: Yeah!!

1    10/29/2008   11/11/2008
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: Of all the courses I've played this one shines out as one of the ones you want to play again and again and again (unfortunately I'm after a body count and usually only play a course of distance once). But this puppy is a must play for eveyone as it will test all of your shots you have in your bag. Each hole offers some differance from the others with the exception of a few, but those few might have a different basket placement to make it slightly different. Most holes where VERY challenging. Some courses I've played I just go out there and hack away and play em, but this one was special. You could tell as you decend into the parking lot and walk up to hole # 1 and seeing all the love that the local DG club and Park department has done that this one was special. I saw Men and Women playing this beauty. Locals we're very helpful with both the course layout and what Asheville and the area has to offer (Very Hospitable People). I liked the handmade tee signs, good flow of holes.
Cons: tee pads we're of slippery artificial rug type substance and the pads we'ren't very long for my stride. Only fault. Well, having # 17's basket not up on top of the ridge was dissapointing for this traveling player, but maybe next time, right?
Other Thoughts: Like I said before, This one you'll want to play again and again and again and.....

Keep up the GREAT EFFORTS that your doing, it will only benifit everyone involved and really makes Disc Golf shine.

Solid Course

5+    11/7/2008   11/8/2008
Review By: petecarp
Pros: Great Elevation Changes, Great Views, Everything is well marked with a good mix of simple and challenging holes short and long. The club works hard to make the course playable all year.
Cons: Artificial Turf tee pads can get muddy and slippery and some are also a bit small for my long legs.
Other Thoughts: A must if youre in the Asheville area, and its Asheville!

My New All-Time Favorite

6/16/2008   6/30/2008
Review By: CaptainKickAss
Pros: This course is absolutely breathtaking. The elevation changes were superb, the course markings were excellent, there was ample parking, and the views on some of the holes were second to none. While this may not be the best course for the first time player, this is a destination worthy course for the established thrower. The design was truly inspired, and called upon every shot that I had in my bad, including a few I didn't even know I had. Almost the entire course runs through the woods, and the holes provide a great deal of variety in length, width of fairway, and direction of approach.
Cons: The only negative I can think of is that I live 600 miles away from this course, and can't play it every day.
Other Thoughts: If you find yourself anywhere near Asheville, NC...you must, must, MUST play this course.

Just Plain Awesome

3/23/2008   3/23/2008
Review By: kpkirishy
Pros: Variety of Terrain. Very Challenging Course. Extrememly Beautiful Setting. This course winds all through the woods and is marked very well with hand carved tee markers at each hole. This is also a very remote course and fairly clean.
Cons: There are 3 holes that are similary. (teeing off from one side of gorge and the basket is on the far side.) But even with that downfall this course is my easily in my top 3 courses I've played.