Sheridan, WY
Sheltered Acres DGC Share
Uploaded By: humchris85 Hole #8 (Taken 5/2013)
3 / 275ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Pre-made EDGE Course

1    4/23/2013   4/23/2013
Review By: AndyJB
Pros: ---Awesome teepads (though they are short) with cool designs and sponsor etched right in
---Quality baskets
---Good atmosphere and location...local walkers were super friendly
---Easy to find your way around
Cons: ---Too short to be a real challenge for an experienced player
---A few crossing fairways, and a couple shots over the sidewalk
---Baskets are raised a good 6 inches (if not more) higher than a normal basket...no idea why but it certainly doesn't add anything to the course
---Many holes play right up against people yards...not a good idea for a kids/begginers course like this
---Same as above, but with a playground in lieu of yards
Other Thoughts: I pestered my wife to stop here as we were driving from Montana to Colorado, mostly so I could get a break from the car. I just brought a mid and a putter and owned the course, including 3 chainouts that may have ended up as aces if I had brought a towel (it was pretty snowy today.)

This is a very easy course. Like, ridiculously easy. There's only one hole over 300 feet and they call it a par 4. So you can tell its made for kids. I didn't see a school nearby, but if there is, this is the perfect place to take a gym class for the EDGE Program. Great for kids...not really for anyone else, so I just can't rate it higher.

Still, kudos for the city of Sheridan for putting in a course there.