Foyil, OK
Re-Tire DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #11 (Taken 7/2011)

My 200th course and I left with a smile on my face

1    8/3/2013   8/5/2013
Review By: Chained Evil
Pros: This course has a bit of everything from short holes, technical holes, up hill shots, down hill shots, and everything else in between. There are many hanging baskets and elevation changes as well.
There are benches at most holes as well as trash sacks. This place is also equipped for night golf, which would be very fun here.
There is an old school bus where you start the course and you get to sign your name on the inside of it, and how many times in your life to you get to say that you wrote your name on the roof of a school bus?
The flow is very logical and there are directional arrows painted here and there to help you find your way. The re-tire basket catch very well. There were a few tunnel shots as well as a couple of holes that were more open.
Great place to work on your mid range or putter game. Hole 16 was something you don't see everyday as there was 1 regular sized basket and 2 mini baskets(see pics) all hanging in a row.
The back nine is so much fun with a cool down hill hole #20, a hole that you throw right to left over a stream #26 and a hole where you throw almost straight up in the air #27.
The back nine is longer than the first 18 holes and to me this helps balance this course out.

Cons: These cons are pretty nit picky, there are no amenities here.
The hard pack dirt around the tees and the fairways might be a touch slick after a good hard rain. The back nine could use some tee markers.
Other Thoughts: I was glad that I got the opportunity to play at this course and to make it that much more memorable for me it was my 200th course played. I couldn't have asked for a more unique experience. They do ask for a donation and after you play here you will see that it is money well spent. This isn't a big arm throwers course, and your drivers will most likely stay in the bag. This is a course that is going to challenge your shot shaping abilities with a mid or a putter. What other course has a tee pee that has been turned into a chicken house? You have to give it bonus points in the uniqueness department just for that alone.
I didn't think that such a short course would live up to the lofty rating of the previous reviews but man was I wrong. This course is one of those places where you will throughly enjoy your round and it gives you a very unique disc golf experience.
This is a must play for anyone that wants to play a course that will provide you with a challenging and unique round. If I lived within a two hours drive I would be frequenting this course as much as I could. You owe it to yourself to take the time and make the trip out to Re-Tire. You will be glad you did.

Great Hospitality!

2-4    7/19/2013   7/22/2013
Review By: jayhawker737
Pros: The best thing about this course is the owner of the course, Kenny. Me and a buddy were on a road trip over the weekend and this is the first place we stopped. Kenny met us outside and let us use his fridge for our waters on a 98 degree day. He then played a round of 27 holes with us, showing us the way, and sharing stories. He let us cool down in his house and we talked even more about his course and other courses in the area. When we left, we went to play Blackhawk and Redhawk in Tulsa. He set us up with someone to play with, as we are from Kansas City. This was the best hospitality I had ever experienced at any course.
Re-tire is the best short course I have ever played. There is plenty of shot variety. In fact, on most every hole he gives you a flick and a backhand route. He makes great use of the land he has, especially in terms of elevation. He has really maximized the land he owns, and he is considering buying more land to make another course.
The tire baskets catch amazingly, even better than a lot of regular baskets. They add to the atmosphere of re-tire and really make for a unique round.
There are plenty of ace runs as well.
Cons: While this is the best short course I ever played, I believe a short course can only be very good, not excellent. This is the reason I gave this course a 3.5. I truly believe the course is a 3.5 and with Kenny, its a 3.75. The longest hole is about 240, and the average hole length is probably 140. I wish that I could have used more than just a putter on the first 18 holes. Some of the first 18 holes kind of blend together after time, as there is only so many ways you can make a putter hole.
Other Thoughts: This was a very fun course to play, especially when playing with the owner/designer. Kenny is an amazing guy who really treats you well. Please donate to the cause, as he is doing great things. This was by far the best time I ever had playing a short course.

I will re-turn

1    6/15/2013   6/18/2013
Review By: homeskule87
This review was updated on 1/1/2014
Pros: Awesome owner that'll treat you like family.
A wide variety of shots.
Tons of technical shots.
Friendly to beginners, fun for advanced.
Tire baskets are awesome.
Warm up putting area.
Discs and baskets for sale.
Lots of trees = little wind.
Women and children tee locations.
Baskets have lights on them for night golf.
Disc golf lessons.
tons of benches.
Trash receptacles on every hole.

Cons: I didn't mind it but, lack of distance.
Dirt tee pads (Although you don't need concrete for the course set up)
Navigation could be tough but, Kenny played with us and showed us all around for our first game.
Other Thoughts: Really cool course, with a really cool owner, that loves the game. He takes donations for upkeep and by the end of your round you'll definitely want to give him some money. Come out and sign the bus!

Innovation at its finest!

1    4/14/2013   5/4/2013
Review By: Iowa420DG
Pros: Overall Score: (3.6)

Tee pads (1/5): No true tee pads to speak of, but in all fairness they've been marked out and leveled (earth). You have more room to throw when you need it.

Baskets (4/5): The most unique set of baskets you'll ever find! Kenny, the property owner, makes the baskets himself out of used tires. They catch as well as any basket, if not better due to the grippy rubber. He has some hanging from trees and others on unique setups. Every basket even has a nice set of lights on them for night play. I believe 2 or 3 baskets are only single chained.

Layout/Design (3/5): The layout of the course was incredibly fun, right up my alley. Its a tight, wooded course with a lot of short technical shots. Very fun, lots of ace runs. That being said, a few holes intersect and could cause a "FORE!" hazard. Kenny is working on implementing some more distance. Overall he's done a great job with the land he's been given. The course loops perfectly back to the house after every 9 holes.

Scenery/Surroundings (5/5): This course is settled in the woods on a beautiful piece of land that as Kenny would say "would make Jeff Foxworthy proud!". The first thing I noticed as I rolled up to Kenny's house was the chickens roaming around and the parked school bus on his property. He informed me to check out the bus and sign my name on the inside when I met him. I came to find out that the chickens help keep ticks and other nagging bugs away by pecking around the course. He has all kinds of cool things out there. Including a huge tee pee which he'd probably be happy to show ya! Some of the benches at the tees are former bus seats. There's a cool putting practice game in the front yard near the playground equipment - the kind of game with numbered bricks in the ground that you put from to advance to the next. I went in the early spring, so the bugs and brush weren't bad at all. I assume that Kenny maintains the place pretty well. It looked great when I played. Kenny and his family are great people and they make you feel at home!

Likeliness to Return (5/5): Kenny informed me that he welcomes camping on his land. I'm also considering buying some of his baskets. This is one of those places that I just need to bring my buddies. (Went with my gf first time)
Other Thoughts: I played my round with Kenny. He showed us from each hole to the next which would've been difficult without him. He also provided information about the course and the surrounding nature throughout our round. He was a pretty cool guy... he makes all kinds of things. Very informative, innovative, and friendly! Thanks Kenny!

Very fun short course

1    12/22/2012   1/16/2013
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course is on a wooded private property with plenty of mature trees. Every hole has enough trees in play that you have to do some creative line shaping, with a great variety of hole shapes. Though the course is very short, it still forces you to use different types of shots if you want to get your birdies. There are a few nice elevation shots on the last 9 holes that add a little variety.

The tire baskets are a really fun touch, they look unique while still catching just fine. Most of the baskets are hanging, it doesn't feel gimmicky here, it's just part of the vibe. The tees are natural, but are level and fine for the length of the holes you're playing. The first 18 holes have basic signage, and the last 9 flow easily with no navigation issues.
Cons: The course is extremely short, I threw putters for every hole on the course. The owner wants this to be a beginner friendly layout, and it most certainly is. If I were rating courses based on their intended audience, this is an easy 5, but I rate all courses based on the same set of criteria. Based on that, this course lacks diversity in length, I threw 3 different wizards off the tee for the entire course and nothing else.

There are a couple really minor navigation issues, though the owner was watching out and walked out onto the course to point us in the right direction so they didn't end up being an issue at all. There are a couple places where holes play relatively close to one another, again not as big an issue on a private course like this.
Other Thoughts: This is one of the best beginner courses I've ever played, it's challenging and interesting while maintaining shorter lengths. There aren't really many chances to lose discs, and the punishment for an errant shot is minor on most holes. Newer players will find this a perfect place to develop an arsenal of shots without getting too frustrated. More experienced players can have a great time playing here, especially in a super class or putter only round, but won't find themselves terribly challenged.

I found this course very difficult to rate, it's very short and lacking in variety of distances but it's still a blast to play. I went with a 3, but I could easily see anything from a 2 to a 5 depending on the reviewer's preferences. I definitely recommend a stop here if you like shorter more technical courses, you can go 27 down but the trees can also make you pay if you're not on your game.

Adventure in the Woods

1    12/22/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Great baskets (unique)
Well kept
Great mix of shots
Great risk/reward
Awesome use of elevation (especially on 20)
Tee signs on first 18
Great use of the land he has
Awesome place to work on your midrange game
You must work on accuracy
Quick 27 holes
Private course equals no crowds
Last 9 were a little longer to add to the placement challenge
A few holes to get some distance work on
Great owner
Great for beginners to advanced
Many lines to chose from
Some multiple pads/pins
Plenty of shade if its hot
Plenty of trees to block the Oklahoma wind
Good footing on the tees
Aweome for night golf
Lights on every basket
Kenny sells a decent selection of Gateway Discs

Favorite Hole(s): #17, #20, #26, #27
Cons: Natural tees
Could get messy after a rain
Last 9 need tee signs
Directionals are lacking (not a big deal you should have a guide)
Could use some more distance
Other Thoughts: I absolutely loved this course. You will too. The tire baskets are very durable and catch very well
Kenny is a great host to you and your friends.
The fun factor is strong with this one. It will challenge everyone. If beginners don't try to hard they should be at least close to par. But if an advanced player shoots for the basket everytime he will take a few bogeys. Love the risk/reward on most holes. Call ahead and set it up with Kenny and have the time of your life. I will be back anytime I am in the area and have time. Its a blast.

If its your thing check with Kenny about his party bus.

Neat little course

2-4    7/19/2013   9/29/2012
Review By: TylerM
This review was updated on 7/19/2013
Pros: This course is an excellent place to hone your putt and approach skills. All the baskets are in good shape and I like the way that they hang from the trees (it adds a little flavor). All baskets have lights on top for night golf.

No crowds!

The course is very short allowing for quick rounds. Aces are possible on every hole even though I failed to get one myself.

The owner is very friendly and loves to let people enjoy his course.

UPDATE : Kenny has added 9 more holes since my last visit. The added variety moves this course to an easy 4 discs. Next time, if I can manage to play all 27, I believe I may upgrade it to 4.5.
Cons: As a putt and approach practice course, this one would be a 4.5 with almost no cons. However, every hole being less than 250 feet becomes slightly redundant.

The pads could be a little more little more even. A couple of them were a little tricky.

The chicken house stinks! LOL!
Other Thoughts: I will definitely play this course again when I can. It is a very fun course. That said, it does feel slightly odd to tee off in someone's yard and play around their stuff. Probably would be really awkward if the owner wasn't so nice.

Make sure you contact the owner before traveling to play.

He sells discs and lights and they play a lot of night golf here. Come join the fun!

Good Short Gamer

1    2/3/2012   2/3/2012
Review By: RC51ManSam
Pros: Excellent for short game and approach shotmaking. Technically challenging. You will need all your short game shots when playing this course.
Cons: Not all baskets are the good ones.
Other Thoughts: Great course, friendly family, nice for kids.

Great Short Course

2-4    9/14/2011   9/15/2011
Review By: Hoeser
Pros: Very good course for putting and finesse shots, you don't even need a midrange because most of the holes are under 150' or so. The re-tire baskets are also very versatile and cool - first of their kind!
Cons: Since this is a private course, some of the baskets are a little close to other things, which makes shooting at the wrong basket a possibility. Some of the baskets are prototypes with a single layer of chains also, the new baskets are MUCH better and really do a good job of catching your putter!
Other Thoughts: Looking forward to seeing how well re-tire does, I will probably order one pretty soon for my backyard.

Putt and Approach Delight

1    8/4/2011   8/18/2011
Review By: Bharrison
Pros: All you need is a mid and a putter here. Very tight and technical course. There is plenty of elevation changes and tight fairways to keep you busy through this short course. Play this course regular and u will have a better short game.
Cons: There is no where to go for some big d