Woodruff, WI
Brandy Lake DGC Share
Uploaded By: koogs Hole #14 (Taken 6/2011)

1 2 Next >
 Good beginner/intermediate course

1    6/25/2011   6/27/2011
Review By: koogs
Pros: 18 holes with concrete tee pads, 7 holes have a 2nd pin placement. Tee signs were nice with all the info you need. There is a "Next Tee" sign very visible near each basket. Navigation was easy except for hole 10. Going from basket 9 to tee 10, I passed basket 14, which made me wonder if I was going the right way. When I checked the map (from this website), I found out I was, but it seemed a little weird. Decent mixture of left/right/straight---10/6/2
Cons: Very short distances. 11 of the holes were under 200', and depending on pin placement, the longest was 301' As I was playing, it seemed that a lot of the holes were similar (curving left), but when I counted them, the ratio was 10--6, left to right, which is probably about average. Only mild elevation on this course. The tee signs didn't tell me which pin placement was in use, but with the short distances, I really just had to look down the fairway to tell.
Other Thoughts: If a family-friendly, beginner to intermediate course was what they were after, they did a very nice job. The course was being well used and most of the others out there were families, which was good to see. There is just enough challenge for that level of skill. More skilled players will find this course too easy. I had 11 birdies and I'm not that good. The course is in a city park, but is mostly separated from the other park users. Hole 17 has a walking path on the right and a driveway on the left and I did have to wait for a pedestrian and a car to clear before I threw and if you really overthrow one, you might reach the parking lot beyond the basket. Like I said, they did a nice job with what they put together, but the short distances and lack of elevation or water or anything unusual, I have to give this only a 3.

Great New Course

1    5/28/2011   6/6/2011
Review By: caimeg
Pros: Great Tee Boxes
Great Signage
Great Layout
Great Location
Cons: Final touches (this is a strech but had to write something)
Other Thoughts: Brand new course set up for all to play. Can play hard and can play easier. Must check it out.

1 2 Next >