Carmichael, CA
Carmichael Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: woodstock Hole #4 (Taken 6/2011)

Solid Tune Up Course

5+    4/15/2014   4/15/2014
Review By: IsThisThingOn
Pros: -Good use of terrain
-Moderately varied shot selection
-Great map at 1st tee (also take away maps)
-Well maintained by the city
Cons: -Holes 8+9 are frequently surrounded by sketchy crew.
-Holes 8+9 are also a trek from 1-7 (between this and the weirdos I usually skip these).
-Tee pads can be slippery
-holes 4-7 fold back on themselves, can be annoying during even medium traffic times.
Other Thoughts: Great place to tune up some shots. LOTS of ace runs. Not worth a long drive, but great if you're in the area and want to get in a few rounds.

sweet

5+    4/8/2013   4/21/2013
Review By: Don DiscHulk
Pros: Great intermediate park. 9 holes, with plenty of parking and access. Now has Baskets. Great place for learning to drive with putters and midranges.
Cons: sundays during the farmers market, holes 6 & 7 are not allowed to be played while market is there. Till about 1 or 2 pm i think. dogpark splits the first 7 holes from the last 2
Other Thoughts: in the process of getting t-pads installed. was supposed to be last week, now on hold as of 4/21/2013

Nice effort.

1    2/21/2012   2/21/2012
Review By: Speedly
This review was updated on 5/26/2012
Pros: - Park is in pretty good condition.
- Designers did a lot with a small amount of space.
- All the holes are driveable with good form and/or power.
- I'm told it makes a nice night golf course, although I didn't do it myself.
- Not entirely flat and open, it takes some skill to get around the course efficiently.
- New baskets have been placed to replace the old poles.
Cons: - I feel like the course was wedged into the park.
- A few holes bring outside dangers of damage into play. The road on to the left on 3 and the house/side road almost directly in play on 7 come to mind.
- The distance between holes 8 and 9, and the rest of the course, kinda sucks.
Other Thoughts: I'm not a huge fan of courses with dirt teepads, especially ones that call for full-power shots sometimes.

Please note that I understand that they had to do well with what room and budget they had, and I did not factor that into the number score I assigned this place.

Hole 1 feels gimmicky to me, and presents the danger of either throwing into the road if you make a poor shot, or shooting into the tennis courts where you could strike an unsuspecting player.

It was a decent experience, and if I lived close, I would definitely play there again. I wish Schweitzer was still around so I could experience it, but alas, those times are behind us.

Good, Short, Simple, and Fun

1    11/23/2011   11/24/2011
Review By: SweetZombieJesus
Pros: Course has a simple but fun layout with most holes having numerous flight paths for you to take.
Cons: Third hole could get you into trouble with traffic.
Other Thoughts: Good place to practice and bring newcomers for a quick and easy round.
I actually like tossing at the wooden "baskets". I feel like it will improve my putting accuracy.
I think this course should be a model for new/under budget courses trying to take off. The designers did very well with what they had to work with.

Different, but fun :-)

1    8/21/2011   8/21/2011
Review By: tgashby
Pros: Obstacles abound
Varying shots, many with hard turns
Nothing too long if you are a short thrower
Didn't see any other disc golfers
Cons: Very busy
Lots of people walking through the course
Some of the obstacles are buildings and cars, which can be damaged
Tee type is... different
Near impossible to find the tees without a map
Other Thoughts: Thought it was a very fun course, though had to play it safe because I went at a very busy time. I really liked the holes, though the "baskets" took a while to get used to.