Nice little course
Pros: This is a nice little course. It's short, but the trees and elevation changes make it interesting and keep it from being a slam dunk for a long toss.
Cons: As has been mentioned, there is a LOT of stuff crammed into this little park, you have to play around a lot of other people who aren't disc'ers. The course is short, big arms won't need a driver at all, the rest of us will use driver/putter or midrange/putter. The few cement tee boxes are nice, but at least one of them was oriented not toward the basket, and the rest of the tee boxes are truly awful, it's a good thing you don't have to throw hard here.
Other Thoughts: There is a nice course map, and good signs at the tee boxes, both are a little inaccurate but better than you get at a lot of courses.
In town so a little compact.
0 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Nice holes. A couple possible hole in one shots. Convenience stores aren't too far away so easy access to refreshments.
Cons: A lot of people. The course has roads going through it and tennis courts. So not only do you have other disc golfers on the course but also others that aren't even playing.
Other Thoughts: A nice small course that is enjoyable to play. Well worth the free admission.
0 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Hills and Trees
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -Lots of trees for obstacles.
-Elevation was used well. 2 was right uphill, 3 was right downhill, 8 was a sweet valley shot and all holes had at least a little elevation change in them. Some of the holes had some fast greens which added some fun and risk/reward to this course.
-Good signage with easy to follow layout.
-Some may complain about the tees because they aren't cement but I feel like the crushed gravel serves this shorter course just fine. They are framed in by wood and they seem to have held up over time.
-Plenty of ace and birdie opportunities.
-Good for a quick round. 20-30 minutes.
-The park has plenty of other things to do without being too crowded.
Cons: -Some of the holes were short. Hole 1 especially.
-Some holes (4 and 9) seemed to me to have too high of a luck factor. 9 was especially bad. I happened to execute both holes but the lines were just awkward and I don't think that I would be able to do it every time.
-While this course does have a high fun factor for me, it simply wasn't that hard.
Other Thoughts: I had a lot of fun here. The elevation changes kept you on your toes and made it interesting. I would be happy if this were my home course. I hear that Pettibone park on the island in LaX is pretty cool too. I would recommend a stop here. It is a fun little round and it is just a mile off of I-90. This course is definitely aimed at the beginner to intermediate level but will be fun for most people.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Rowe Rowe Rowe your boat
Pros: 1) Nice tee signs with par, hole #, distance and a diagram of the hole layout. They are in a good spot to help with na/igation as well as pro/iding the information needed.
2) Lots of trees of all sorts of sizes and shapes and ages. There ha/e been a number of young trees planted too which hopefully will not just get destroyed by punks or errant shots.
3) DGA Mach baskets are in great shape and are installed correctly to make the number plates /isible fromt he tees. This helps na/igation tremendously!
4) All sorts of different shots are needed. You can throw hyzers, annys, straight shots, spikes, rollers, o/erhand shots, etc etc etc. Bring it all, the trees force you to throw a lot of shots.
5) One basket is tucked into the woods and the area has been mowed around it. It would be nice to see more of the perimeter woods used, but there wasn't a whole lot of space to alter the layout any.
6) Great use of ele/ation changes on this course. It is mostly subtle, but there is ele/ation on e/ery hole either up down, or across.
7) For the most part this course is well isolated from other acti/ities. There are a couple other areas where you might need to make yourself /isible to other park users especially as this is a newer course and the game is new to the area.
8) Plenty of grills and other park amenities like horseshoes, playgrounds, picnic areas, a lrge bazebo, bathrooms, tennis, a skatepark . . .
Cons: 1) The basket for #2 was supposed to be installed in the grill about 5' to its right. They apparently decided not to put it in there which is not only bad because it misses the uniqueness, but also because there is a grill that will block a 5-10' putt.
2) Gra/el tees ha/e already washed out in spots and are une/en. Gra/el is better than wore out grass/dirt but maintenance is needed to keep them smooth and le/el or better drainage around the teepads is needed.
4) All holes are around 200-250'. I like this distance hole, but I also like more /ariety. A short one around 150' or so would be cool to ha/e along with a longer 350'+ hole would make a more di/erse course. This is usually a bigger deal to me, but because the trees create the challenge, you will be using a lot of different discs and throws on each hole, so the distance differential is not as big of a deal but still worth mentioning.
Other Thoughts: This could /ery well be one of the better 9 hole courses in the state. It has so much /ariety, pretty good amenities (other than the teepads).
It requires a lot of shot shaping, a lot of different discs to be used, low ceilings etc. It forces you to di]/ersify your shots and I lo/e that about this course.
I look forward to swinging back through the area to play this again after some time elapses. I can only hope the trees can remain healthy, but I fear for a lot of the trees in the middle of the fairways.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Short but Challenging!
Pros: -Short and beginner friendly
-No places to lose discs
-Requires precise drives and good recovery shots
-A variety of hills and trees that make you pick your shots carefully
-Nice course signs
-Lots of challenging low ceiling shots
-Brand new baskets
Cons: -Course is on the shorter side
-Only 9 holes
-The trees can get frustrating
Other Thoughts: This course is deceptively tough. The lengths and pictures make it look easily, but it takes precise shots to maintain par! It is a fun course, and I'll definitely be back!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.