1 Helpful / 1 Not
Trees vs. Rowe
Pros: - A very fun short course testing your technical skills.
- The baskets are in great condition.
- The trees really challenge your accuracy.
- Some elevation changes
Cons: - Dirt tee pads.
- The trees, they will most likely make you mad at some point.
Other Thoughts: - The trees are not excessive by any means- at no point do you go through wooded areas. There are just a good amount of small-medium sized trees spread throughout the fairway. The challenge is that on each hole there are 1-3 clear routes to the basket.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Fun course to play, with a great use of trees to make a short course more challenging.
- Nice DGA baskets!
- Very good signage.
- Good course/hole flow, from 1 to 9 (back to 1).
Cons: - Tee areas are very worn/uneven...bordering on a potential injury hazard.
- Very short hole distances.
Other Thoughts: This would be a course I would play quite a lot of quick recreational rounds on if I happened to live in the area. It's got a lot of fun shots and deuce runs, and plays fast enough where you could piece together 3-4 quick 9-hole rounds without any difficulty. The just need to do something about those tee areas, as they were pretty bad/rough.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Rowe Rowe Rowe your boat
Pros: 1) Nice tee signs with par, hole #, distance and a diagram of the hole layout. They are in a good spot to help with na/igation as well as pro/iding the information needed.
2) Lots of trees of all sorts of sizes and shapes and ages. There ha/e been a number of young trees planted too which hopefully will not just get destroyed by punks or errant shots.
3) DGA Mach baskets are in great shape and are installed correctly to make the number plates /isible fromt he tees. This helps na/igation tremendously!
4) All sorts of different shots are needed. You can throw hyzers, annys, straight shots, spikes, rollers, o/erhand shots, etc etc etc. Bring it all, the trees force you to throw a lot of shots.
5) One basket is tucked into the woods and the area has been mowed around it. It would be nice to see more of the perimeter woods used, but there wasn't a whole lot of space to alter the layout any.
6) Great use of ele/ation changes on this course. It is mostly subtle, but there is ele/ation on e/ery hole either up down, or across.
7) For the most part this course is well isolated from other acti/ities. There are a couple other areas where you might need to make yourself /isible to other park users especially as this is a newer course and the game is new to the area.
8) Plenty of grills and other park amenities like horseshoes, playgrounds, picnic areas, a lrge bazebo, bathrooms, tennis, a skatepark . . .
Cons: 1) The basket for #2 was supposed to be installed in the grill about 5' to its right. They apparently decided not to put it in there which is not only bad because it misses the uniqueness, but also because there is a grill that will block a 5-10' putt.
2) Gra/el tees ha/e already washed out in spots and are une/en. Gra/el is better than wore out grass/dirt but maintenance is needed to keep them smooth and le/el or better drainage around the teepads is needed.
4) All holes are around 200-250'. I like this distance hole, but I also like more /ariety. A short one around 150' or so would be cool to ha/e along with a longer 350'+ hole would make a more di/erse course. This is usually a bigger deal to me, but because the trees create the challenge, you will be using a lot of different discs and throws on each hole, so the distance differential is not as big of a deal but still worth mentioning.
Other Thoughts: This could /ery well be one of the better 9 hole courses in the state. It has so much /ariety, pretty good amenities (other than the teepads).
It requires a lot of shot shaping, a lot of different discs to be used, low ceilings etc. It forces you to di]/ersify your shots and I lo/e that about this course.
I look forward to swinging back through the area to play this again after some time elapses. I can only hope the trees can remain healthy, but I fear for a lot of the trees in the middle of the fairways.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Short but Challenging!
Pros: -Short and beginner friendly
-No places to lose discs
-Requires precise drives and good recovery shots
-A variety of hills and trees that make you pick your shots carefully
-Nice course signs
-Lots of challenging low ceiling shots
-Brand new baskets
Cons: -Course is on the shorter side
-Only 9 holes
-The trees can get frustrating
Other Thoughts: This course is deceptively tough. The lengths and pictures make it look easily, but it takes precise shots to maintain par! It is a fun course, and I'll definitely be back!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.