Jackson, WI
Jackson Park Share
Uploaded By: discgolfchampion Hole #3 (Taken 7/2011)

Great Practice Course

5+    3/11/2014   3/12/2014
Review By: discgolfchampion
Pros: -Great beginner course
-Great Practice course
-Good course for short game
-Nice Tee Signs
-great to practice distance in the soccer fields in baseball fields right by the course
Cons: -Need new tee pads
-hole 9 is too close to the parking lot.
-There are always people hitting cars because hole 9 is so close to the baseball parking lot.
-to close to some activities such as the playground, pavilion, and tee ball field.
Other Thoughts: I live in Jackson so I go to this course very often! It really helps improve my short game while i can also practice my longer drives if I play from behind the tee pads and have a little fun.

2.2

1    8/16/2013   8/16/2013
Review By: Jashwa
Pros: Sometimes a "2 disc" rating indicates that a course isn't very enjoyable or fun. THAT IS NOT THE CASE HERE!!!

In fact, my round at Jackson Park was very fun!!! The Park has just about anything you could ever want to do. Sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, a skate park, baseball fields, playgrounds, picnic shelters, and of course... disc golf.

There were a few very nicely designed holes on this course that forced fun shots.

Blue baskets are awesome and in excellent shape!!!!

The tee signs here were pretty cool... they were large rocks with flattened sides that had all the hole info and one even had a course map.

This is a very beginner friendly course, and excellent exposure for the sport of disc golf in the town of Jackson.
Cons: I just couldn't push this course up to a 2.5.

*Gravel tee-pads are not fun. Especially when the tee signs are located in a place that blocks the run-up.

*Very short, easy course. Other than three holes that had fun shots to throw, the holes are mostly open and less than 250 ft.

*Very high potential for interference from other park users. As mentioned, there are a billion things going on at this park, so I imagine it gets pretty congested. Would be nice if the park isolated dg a bit more.

*Unfortunately, one of the more fun holes also brings the road into play pretty severely.
Other Thoughts: Even though there are a lot of "cons" listed here I want to re-iterate that I had a very fun time playing this course!!!

Bring a beginner here, or if you are travelling through the area this is a perfect pit stop.

Simple Little Course

5+    8/19/2011   8/19/2011
Review By: TheDGWizard
Pros: -Nice course to work on your short game.
-Birdies and aces possible on every hole.
-Very nice baskets. The blue powdercoating looks great.
-Distinct signage.
-Not many possibilities to lose a disc.
-Well manicured.
-Usually not busy.
-A quick look at the map on the first hole will be plenty to guide those who are new to this course.
Cons: My main gripe is the tee pads. They're short, uneven, gravel pads.
-This is a short course. Average distance is about 210 ft and the longest hole is 240.
-The course was built in the middle of an existing park, so you need to keep an eye out for non-golfers.
-Too many open holes without any considerable obstacles.
-All holes are roughly the same length.
Other Thoughts: There's not a whole lot I can say that hasn't been said in the other reviews.

This course is very close to home and only two blocks out of my way when coming home off of Hwy 45. I can get a quick round in and be back home in no time.

It's a pretty nice course for what it is. They added a course to an existing park and used what obstacles that were available fairly well.

Holes 6, 5, and 4 are my favorites (in that order) because of the challenges they present.

While I wouldn't go out of my way to play this course, I'll continue to play it regularly not only because of its convenience, but because it's good practice for my short game.

Every community needs one of these

1    7/9/2011   7/10/2011
Review By: puttlikeablowfly
Pros: * Awesome course map and tee "signs" etched in boulders
* Very attractive park with plenty of other family activities
* Easy to play a quick round
* Holes 4 & 5 are good technical holes in a great setting
* While most of the holes can be played straight (assuming you can throw straight), there are some opportunities to use both hyzer and anhyzer lines
* Nice blue baskets
Cons: * It's a brand new course and the gravel tees are already rutted and uneven ... luckily you don't need much of a run-up anywhere, because ...
* Short course with little variety in hole lengths (190'-240')
* I could see a few safety concerns with parking lots, the park road, shelters, etc, when the park is busy, as some of the holes are really close to those facilities
* While I don't mind having some holes along a park driveway / road (in some ways it is nice to have O.B. to add challenge), #6 almost requires you to play the entire length of the hole over the road, especially for a LHBH or RHFH
* I think a big opportunity was lost to use the trees in the areas of #1, 3, 7, & 8 as more integral parts of the holes ... especially the giant evergreens between #3 & 7.
Other Thoughts: I was very happy to learn about the development of this course ... an Eagle Scout getting permission to add a nice little disc golf course into a community park. I wish every village or city would do the same. If they have room and interest for a more challenging 9 or 18, then great. If not, this is still a great way to get more kids and families into the sport. Reminds me of Marion Park in Prairie du Sac and Kiwanis DGC in Monroe. Despite the cons listed above, it is a fun course, and I hope the community enjoys and supports it.

Not afraid to be the first reviewer AGAIN

1    6/26/2011   6/26/2011
Pros: 1) Very cool map of the course and how it weaves around other activities is etched into a big stone at the first tee.

2) Big boulder mark the tees and have the Hole #, distance, par, and the donor etched into them! Very nice touch!

3) Gravel tees are better than grass but leave a little to be desired, but as a whole I would say having them gravel is better than the alternative (note the negatives about the tees below also).

4) Awesome park in a small town has all the amenities, bathrooms, baseball fields, tennis courts, volleyball, a shelter, playground, soccer field, and a skate park.

5) Nice variety in lines on this course. Although you can hyzer a good percentage of the holes, you might not want to in certain winds. There are anny lines available on many of the holes too though so it becomes a percentage play, which do you feel most compfortable throwing.

6) Moderate elevation change. #1 is slightly downhill, #3 is slightly uphill, #4 is fairly flat until you get to the circles edge then the basket is tucked up on a little mound but also surrounded by two trees. #6 is a downhiller with a fairly low ceiling .The rest are relatively flat.

7) Nice baskets that look sharp and catch really well! Blue powder coated trays and tops with the customary silver chains.

8) For the most part the walkpaths and other recreation areas are fairly well removed from the disc golf.

9) Moderate level of challenge with obstacles. The best stretch of holes is 4, 5, and 6, but I also really like #1 and #9.

10) Turf is in great shape in this park as I would assume this is not that heavily trafficked although I would be happy toplay this course daily if I lived close to it and nothing else!
Cons: 1) Gravel teepads were built too small . . . they would have been fine if the boulders were placed to the side or behind the gravel but they were placed inside the gravel probably to qvoid the need to trim around them. That is fine but be sure to allow a minimum of 8' of tee space. They are already creeping outward because people have been planting on the threshhold between tee and grass.

2) Hyzer dominant course at least it is the highest percentage. A lot of straight at it midrange shots too . . . I think I threw my Gator on 5 or 6 of the holes. Anny lines are available but they seem like th emore dangerous play (like on #2, #5, #6, #9.

3) DIstance variation is simply not enough. It might work for absolute beginners, but for anyone who has been playing long at all the range of 195-240 alters very little in shots required.

4) It's too bad they couldn't have one big hole with multiple shots required instead of what seemed to be boring fillers like #3, and #7.
Other Thoughts: Better gravel pads would be my first recommendation, just extend them out another 3-5' forward and you will be looking good.

I like course and I think a good job was done in the design to hit the fun parts of the available park space. If Ryan (The Eagel Scout who did this course) didn't have any help I think he is a budding course designer because it is really well done.

I could see upping this rating to 3 if concrete tees went in and the boulder moved to the side. It is fun that all holes are duecable and I would certain enjoy this course anytime!