Solomon, KS
Solomon City Park Share

Small Town-Small Park-Small Course-Small Fun!

1    10/19/2015   10/31/2015
Pros: Solomon City Park is located in the small central Kansas town by the same name. It's located just off I-70 making it an easy stopover for those driving across the state. This park takes up one city block and is filled with tennis courts, a performing stage complete w/bleachers, bathrooms, picnic shelters, horseshoe pits and playground equipment. The course is designed to play in and around these obstacles and the mature trees in the park.

There are six older baskets set about the park. There are no tee pads and no signage. You are basically just going to play from basket to basket.

According to the DGCR information sheet, tee # 1 starts on the south side of the tennis courts. I then threw to a basket down behind the stage area. # 2 then plays to the basket along S Pine St. # 3 Throws from the corner to a basket in the center of the park. # 4 was a fun little throw. I used the stage as a tee pad and threw to a basket in front of the bathrooms. # 5 to a basket on the corner of Walnut and then # 6 plays back to basket on the other side of the tennis court.

I had the park completely to myself, just me and the ever present howling Kansas wind.
Cons: Only six baskets.

Small park, cluttered with obstacles.

Would be difficult to impossible to play when people are present.

Minimal challenge.

Other Thoughts: If I happened to live in Solomon, Kansas, I'd play this little course. I'd make sure I got here at all the odd hours to avoid the crowds. I'd play it forward, reverse it, safari it, free style it, whatever. I might work with the city fathers to put in some kind of small tee markers.

But since I don't happen to reside in Solomon, Kansas, this is just another perfect example of the 15 minute course that we course baggers love so dearly! Love em and leave em! No attachment! No flowers! Sneak out in the morning before they wake! I was in and out of Solomon before the hood of my car cooled.

Quick and Easy

1    1/19/2015   1/25/2015
Review By: DiscChaserDoug
The baskets are in very good shape.

There is a map here which helped me get around the park
Very crowded park

Difficult to play when people are present

No designated Tees
Other Thoughts: DisCat13 did a pretty good job with his review and I don't want to be repetitive. I will say the park was clean when I was there. I updated the distances here and in the uDisc app.

Shockingly bad

1    7/24/2012   7/25/2012
Review By: DisCat13
Pros: The ONLY pro I could see giving this course is that there are six baskets, and if you want/like to make up your own course, then here you can use three different tee spots to create your own 18 holes.

There were bathrooms, but not too clean at all.

This course would be good for practicing on for beginners or greenhorns.

Course was extremely easy to find as it is in a small town, and good for the community for getting involved.
Cons: 1. Size- The park is simply tiny. It is a one block by one block park with many things in it that make it seem like you are locked in a closet while playing.
2. Cleanliness- This park had trash on the ground, and did not seem to be taken care of at all really. There were tennis courts that no longer had nets, same with the old sand volleyball courts. It is just simply run down.
3. Other objects- There are tons of playground equipment around, a stage with bleachers, buildings, and fences. The obstacles aren't all bad, however, if any children/families were at the park, it would eliminate half of the already tiny playing field.
4. No tee pads. I saw one wooden stake that the previous review mentioned, other then that it is a free for all.
Other Thoughts: This is very close to I-70 and very easy to find. If you are simply bored out of your mind then perhaps make the stop and have some no pressure fun playing an elementary course. However, much better courses are located in Salina (15 miles west) and in Abilene (10 miles east) so if you are looking for a real course, I suggest going down the road a bit.

Still missing.

5+    9/9/2011   9/20/2011
Review By: labsohorses
This review was updated on 10/18/2011
Pros: Good for beginners.
Short course.
Not many people in park.
Trees block some shots.
Two missing holes are now back as of 10/1//11.
Cons: Tees (which were planted landscaping timbers) now missing or gone.
Little margin for error by road holes.
Park could use a little clean up.
Other Thoughts: No distances or layout available at course.