Kingsburg, CA
Uploaded By: Blackmon Hole #15
-- / 939ft. Par / Distance:

1    8/28/2012   8/28/2012
Review By: SillySoCalchica
Pros: This course is an old county park that has been closed down but the disc golf course is still intact. The baskets were refreshingly in really good condition and well marked. The Tee were solid concrete but were not market. There were long shots and short. Seems like the cows maintain the land through grazing and moving about. A course map is a must.
Cons: Cow pies everywhere. Tees not marked.
Other Thoughts: Course Map is a must

Who Builds A Course Way Out Here?

1    4/7/2012   4/10/2012
Pros: This course reminds me of a rich kids plaything. Like, I've got some pasture land and a few thousand dollars lying around, I think I'll have my very own disc golf course installed for me and posse to play. Why else is there a course way in the hell out in the middle of nowhere with brand new DGA baskets (And the numbers are facing the correct way) and wonderful grippy teepads. And the course is designed for advanced players and up. The course is long, rugged and challenging. It's really a very nice piece of land on which to have a course.
There are a couple of great interesting holes. I really liked...# 10..about 300' straight ahead with the basket hidden down in a small valley and # 6 which was a blind throw over the top of some scrubby trees/brush to a basket in a protected areas of branches of a large tree.
Big arms will appreciate the length of this course.
Cons: There are no signs. Navigation is not easy. The on-line map I had printed off was miniscule and almost impossible to follow. There was lots of cowpies around although most of them were dried up. Bring water as it would be extremely dry and dusty on hot days. Two stroke penalty for any disc striking a bovine.
Other Thoughts: You have to park and climb over the fence. I don't know about getting a pass. I tried to inquire with one of the cows. She just mooed at me. I took that to mean she wasn't in charge of passes. At least she didn't charge. Note to city boy in previous review. Cows are extremely docile. They don't charge. Mostly they just lie around and chew their cuds.

Cows kill.

1    8/3/2011   8/11/2011
Review By: Cutter
Pros: Lots of distance. Secluded. Nice tee's and baskets.
Cons: No signs. I suppose they'll be up at one point. I was more concerned about my disc landing in cow droppings than stepping in one. Parking wasn't very clear. Had no idea how to get a pass.
Other Thoughts: Take lots of water in the summer. It was a bit too wild out there for me. Just seemed like someone's unkept land that they put a course in. Also ran into some cows laying around near a basket and when I got close the stood and stared menacingly, do cows charge people? What can I say? I'm from the city. It was fun and challenging. I'm sure I'll be back when I come around this part of town again.

Awesome Course for the Long Bomber

2-4    6/15/2011   6/18/2011
Review By: NukeLefty
Pros: Finally a course that can test the skill of even the best golfers. Love the layout, the wildlife, and the terrain. Holes ranging from 275 to as far as 936' multiple par 4s, and a par 5. If you like to grip it and rip it and through control shots this is the place. Every hole is outstanding I couldn't find one I didn't like.
Cons: It's too far from home otherwise I'd play this course every day off. Take someone with you that way you have a spotter, and someone who knows the course til the map and tee signs are in. There is a bunch of Visalia guys who I'm sure won't mind showing you around Oh and watch out for snakes, didn't see any out there but better safe than sorry.
Other Thoughts: Awesome job on the course Chuck and the guys you've outdone yourselves

Rugged, Technical, Diverse & Long!

2-4    6/15/2011   6/17/2011
Review By: DESTRO
Pros: Tough, challenging holes that reward good throws.
Natural beautiful scenary that encompasses huge trees, cows roaming around, wide-open trails and paths and outlined by a huge river.

Some shots require a high degree of skill yet are fair and encouraging enough to even the novice player trying to become better.

Cons: stepping into a steaming hot pile of cow poo could temporarily upset you a bit; but not to big a deal otherwise.

Other Thoughts: This course is earmarked for potential greatness. The layout and natural scenary of this rugged, woodsy yet challenging but fair course provide countless hours of challenges and surprises. Be prepared with plenty of water, bug spray and sunblock as your time out there is akin to a very good hike on your favorite trail, but with the added benefit of throwing discs to metal baskets awaiting attention. The natural landscape and topography all help add to a disc golf experience not soon to be forgotten. Some holes are very long and will require fairway drives to be able to have a chance at par while other shorter holes reward a smooth yet focused throw that gives you a shot at a nice birdie. All in all, this course is not to be missed in your disc golf road trips - fortunately i live only about a mile and a half from this great course! Chuck Woody and all responsible for this course's design and layout should be proud... if they were seeking to design a great course that everyone could enjoy and at the same time be challenged, well... mission accomplished!