Seattle, WA
Lakewood King County Park Share
Uploaded By: Nic_Farley83 Hole #4 (Taken 7/2011)
3 / 288ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

< Prev 1 2 3
A course worth your time

1    8/3/2014   8/7/2014
Review By: Krome
Pros: - Forested slightly, with trees here and there, but still very much open. A good course for beginners or experienced players alike.
- The elevation varies a lot, giving you a chance to work on your throwing strength or even technical shots, seeing as there are a few baskets right on the edge of steep hills. It's a great challenge, but might be frustrating for newer players.
- The tees are concrete and smooth, with some even offering places to sit.
- Onsite pro-shop. I didn't get a chance to browse this as much as I wanted to, since I was playing during closing time, but the fact that it's right at hole #1 is awesome. They also offer maps for the course, costing $1, which was really handy. I will be visiting this shop again soon during regular hours for sure!
- The baskets are numbered with a big red sign on top, and most of the baskets have a "next hole" direction sign on them.
- Overall, I had a blast playing this course.
Cons: - The water hazard can be fun for some people at hole #1, but I didn't' trust my throw enough to clear it, so I skipped it. It's pretty big, and I don't have discs to spare, really. However, I've heard their is a disc recovery program or something, so that would be helpful. Perhaps next time I will be more adventurous.
- Even when I had the map (boughten at the shop) and the baskets had the next hole sign, I STILL had trouble finding the tees. Not so much holes 1-13, but the rest were really off the beaten path, and my buddy and I ended up playing holes we weren't supposed to yet. After some time and asking some friendly people, we eventually figured it out. I can't blame the party involved in laying out the course, the map was still accurate to some degree. But yeesh, was that ever confusing.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely visit this course again, not just for the pro shop, but to actually play it through the way it was intended. People were friendly all around, and we never had issues dealing with garbage or anything like that.

My "home" course

5+    5/17/2014   5/20/2014
Review By: drizzty206
Pros: Well manicured grounds, good pin placement rotation, pro-shop on site, lost disc program, 20 holes, great tee pads
Cons: Can get slow on the weekend due to the amount of people playing, in white center, broken glass from idiots not throwing their bottles away
Other Thoughts: This is a really fun course with 2 holes that play over water. Not too challenging but there are some hard holes. This is a great place to bring beginners as a lot of the holes are wide open and there is plenty of room to throw. My gripes aren't really anything that the people running the course can do anything about like the broken glass. Some people just don't respect beautiful places like this.

I put in white center as a con because from time to time I see sketchy people hanging out at the picnic benches by hole 7 that obviously aren't there to play disc golf, but other than that everyone I've come in to contact here is really friendly, especially the guys at the pro-shop. I am only 5 months in to playing this game and they are pretty helpful with what type of discs would work for me and on helping with some techniques. Great place overall and I would recommend it to anyone.

Twenty Holes Now!!

5+    12/6/2013   12/9/2013
Review By: John M. Fretz
Pros: Great pro shop with food, beverages (even espresso) and HUGE range of discs, plus Keith is very helpful
Big course with some long, open holes and tricky technical holes. There's even a small water hazard at hole #1. (maybe a con, for some)
5 NEW HOLES!!! New holes are finished. 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 are over where the old course use to start. AWESOME, 20 holes in all, not counting practice pins
Map at beginning, by parking lot
Cons: Dogwalkers who don't clean up after their dogs. (watch your step)
2 schools nearby and some students can be annoying, mostly okay though. we caught 2 having sex the other day in 29degree weather!!??! brrrrrrr
Other Thoughts: great course for all levels. They also hold a lot of Tourneys and doubles competitions

A Walk in the Park

1    8/7/2013   12/7/2013
Review By: Highway Bill
Pros: I found Lakewood King here on this site and snuck in a late afternoon round while in Seattle recently. I was pleasantly surprised. The course runs through a moderately hilly city park with scattered walking paths and huge mature trees.
As a par 3 course, it obviously lacks any real multi-shot holes, however the diversity and variety of looks off the tee is quite good. The designer made great use of elevation change from the tee and took advantage of slope on many of the greens.
The tee pads and benches are outstanding here. It was a joy X stepping across these uniquely shaped, oversized concrete tee pads. The course builders also did a great job with the concrete covered high density foam benches, cut to resemble rock walls and arranged behind many of the tees. There were also some concrete stairs leading to a couple of the holes, constructed in the same fashion. These features really elevate both the course and the park that it lives in.
With great parking and amenities nearby, it's well worth a visit.
Cons: -This course is in a city park. Other park users can and will be oblivious to your intentions.
-Lacks any true multi-shot holes.
-Signs?
Other Thoughts: The local crew are a fine bunch. They are friendly, accommodating, and take great care of their course.

SeaTac vs. Lakewood KC

1    9/14/2013   9/15/2013
Review By: dmarsh27
Other Thoughts: I had one day in the Seattle-Tacoma area and used this website to narrow down two courses to play. I chose SeaTac and Lakewood King County (Lakewood KC) because there wasn't a course nearby that was obviously much better than these two, and they are less than 3 miles apart.

If you're looking for privacy, a wooded experience, or a disc golf challenge, show up with what you need, including the google course map from this website, and get ready to work hard for par at SeaTac.

If you're looking to show up with only a pair of shoes and buy discs, snacks, drinks, a bag, and have a local give you some advice and a paper map, then get ready for a thoughtful course with decent variety in a typical city-park setting at Lakewood KC. This is also a good course to rack up the birdies.

SeaTac was hard to only play once. I wanted to play it again and knock some strokes off my score. Lakewood KC isn't that complicated, and I don't know that I'd do any better by trying again - it's basically all right there to figure out on the first go around.

Both courses are struggling a bit with upkeep. Lakewood KC seems to be struggling to hold onto 18 solid holes as they have other shareholders in the park impose their interests on them. SeaTac is just due for some new and better signage and more course wear.

SeaTac was relatively easy to navigate thanks to my smart phone and the Google course map available through this website (much better than the regular map). Without it, I think I'd still be turning circles in those woods. I still had to basket search some, because it is a forest. The landing jumbo jets keep you oriented though.

If you can't throw as you intend, you'll probably spend too much time at SeaTac in prickly bushes searching for your disc. My stroke difference on the two courses was about a dozen, and I can see from this website that it's not uncommon to need 20 or 30 more throws to play SeaTac compared to Lakewood KC.

Really, though, what I recommend is playing Lakewood KC first, fill up with all the things you need, start your day feeling good about your play, and then take on the SeaTac challenge.

really nice course

1    8/8/2013   8/9/2013
Review By: Bdemko
Pros: nice mix of holes, uphill, downhill, park like setting. Some technical but friendly enough for family play. The pro shop on site is well equiped, knowledgeable and proactive for course development.
Cons: somewhat difficult to find the holes and pins. We played the wrong basket a couple of times

Good mix of holes in Seattle

2-4    6/21/2013   6/21/2013
Review By: Jblevins
Pros: Good mix of holes, left to right and right to left. Pin positions nestled in trees create interesting approaches after open drives.
Cons: Like many park courses, can be repetitive with open grass lawn fairways. Hard to find much trouble off the tee. First tee 200' over water can be an intimidating start to a round.

great fun

2-4    5/18/2013   5/19/2013
Review By: jherber
Pros: Had fun playing the course. played twice with different
people got to learn a lot about the course.
thanks a lot to Greg for telling me about the course.
will play it again some day
Cons: tried to play it by my self and got lost to where the next pad was. i know that they are working on it to make it bigger . a little more signage would work for newbes to this course while under construction
Other Thoughts: thanks Keith for such a fun course

- Nice stone benches
Cons: - Poorly marked
- Difficult to navigate
- No tee signs
Other Thoughts: The course layout is relatively intuitive, but there are no tee signs and most baskets don't have numbers on them. It can be really difficult to navigate for first-timers.

Great old course to play nearby the airport

1    3/21/2013   4/11/2013
Review By: DeafDiscGolfer
Pros: - Good challenging layouts.
- Nice few holes that can be birdied if thrown correctly.
- Nice elevations and water hazard.
- Liked one hole that requires you to bomb far and good but must stay on left side of walkway or be OBed.
- Liked the cement benches at tees.
Cons: - Bit confusing layout for visiting players. Use the locals to help out.
- Some tees are good and some are not.
- Have to avoid baseball field when its in season.
- No clear tee signs to show where the baskets are and how many feet it is.
Other Thoughts: It was nice course to play when visiting Seattle. I was glad to able to play at local Double league hosted by Chainbangerz.

However, it was process of revising few holes. I was not able to have opportunity to play the "original" 18 holes.

I don't mind to play there again (after they are done revising the holes) when I visit Seattle again in the future.

< Prev 1 2 3