Seattle, WA
Lakewood King County Park Share
Uploaded By: Nic_Farley83 Hole #6 (Taken 7/2011)

great all around course

1    6/24/2015   6/28/2015
Review By: rosdj
Pros: This is a really fun course. I really enjoyed the elevation changes and the mix of hole lengths. The basket placements were all great, and the tees were up there with the best I've ever played on. I played this course visiting some friends in Seattle and would love to come back and play it again.
Cons: The only con I have, and it's a rather large one, is the difficulty of navigating the course. I don't think I could have made it through without the map in the uDisc app. I believe I only saw one or two tee signs and none of the tees themselves were marked as to what hole they were. Some of the baskets were also mis-numbered causing even more confusion.
Other Thoughts: Don't let the course navigation deter you from playing here. Do a little research first by getting a course map, or use uDisc to find the tees. It's a great course.

clean and open

1    1/20/2015   1/21/2015
Review By: travelsurflive
Pros: Open and not crowded at all. Played on a Tuesday morning in January. Nice concrete level mats, multiple baskets, paths to aoo holes.
Cons: Little confusing for a first time player to know which basket ur shooting at, definitely take a photo on your phone of the course map before play. Few water hazards
Other Thoughts: All in all very fun course, location, very clean, mixture of holes, long short and techincal

A course worth your time

1    8/3/2014   8/7/2014
Review By: Krome
Pros: - Forested slightly, with trees here and there, but still very much open. A good course for beginners or experienced players alike.
- The elevation varies a lot, giving you a chance to work on your throwing strength or even technical shots, seeing as there are a few baskets right on the edge of steep hills. It's a great challenge, but might be frustrating for newer players.
- The tees are concrete and smooth, with some even offering places to sit.
- Onsite pro-shop. I didn't get a chance to browse this as much as I wanted to, since I was playing during closing time, but the fact that it's right at hole #1 is awesome. They also offer maps for the course, costing $1, which was really handy. I will be visiting this shop again soon during regular hours for sure!
- The baskets are numbered with a big red sign on top, and most of the baskets have a "next hole" direction sign on them.
- Overall, I had a blast playing this course.
Cons: - The water hazard can be fun for some people at hole #1, but I didn't' trust my throw enough to clear it, so I skipped it. It's pretty big, and I don't have discs to spare, really. However, I've heard their is a disc recovery program or something, so that would be helpful. Perhaps next time I will be more adventurous.
- Even when I had the map (boughten at the shop) and the baskets had the next hole sign, I STILL had trouble finding the tees. Not so much holes 1-13, but the rest were really off the beaten path, and my buddy and I ended up playing holes we weren't supposed to yet. After some time and asking some friendly people, we eventually figured it out. I can't blame the party involved in laying out the course, the map was still accurate to some degree. But yeesh, was that ever confusing.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely visit this course again, not just for the pro shop, but to actually play it through the way it was intended. People were friendly all around, and we never had issues dealing with garbage or anything like that.

My "home" course

5+    5/17/2014   5/20/2014
Review By: drizzty206
Pros: Well manicured grounds, good pin placement rotation, pro-shop on site, lost disc program, 20 holes, great tee pads
Cons: Can get slow on the weekend due to the amount of people playing, in white center, broken glass from idiots not throwing their bottles away
Other Thoughts: This is a really fun course with 2 holes that play over water. Not too challenging but there are some hard holes. This is a great place to bring beginners as a lot of the holes are wide open and there is plenty of room to throw. My gripes aren't really anything that the people running the course can do anything about like the broken glass. Some people just don't respect beautiful places like this.

I put in white center as a con because from time to time I see sketchy people hanging out at the picnic benches by hole 7 that obviously aren't there to play disc golf, but other than that everyone I've come in to contact here is really friendly, especially the guys at the pro-shop. I am only 5 months in to playing this game and they are pretty helpful with what type of discs would work for me and on helping with some techniques. Great place overall and I would recommend it to anyone.

Twenty Holes Now!!

5+    12/6/2013   12/9/2013
Review By: John M. Fretz
Pros: Great pro shop with food, beverages (even espresso) and HUGE range of discs, plus Keith is very helpful
Big course with some long, open holes and tricky technical holes. There's even a small water hazard at hole #1. (maybe a con, for some)
5 NEW HOLES!!! New holes are finished. 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 are over where the old course use to start. AWESOME, 20 holes in all, not counting practice pins
Map at beginning, by parking lot
Cons: Dogwalkers who don't clean up after their dogs. (watch your step)
2 schools nearby and some students can be annoying, mostly okay though. we caught 2 having sex the other day in 29degree weather!!??! brrrrrrr
Other Thoughts: great course for all levels. They also hold a lot of Tourneys and doubles competitions

really nice course

1    8/8/2013   8/9/2013
Review By: Bdemko
Pros: nice mix of holes, uphill, downhill, park like setting. Some technical but friendly enough for family play. The pro shop on site is well equiped, knowledgeable and proactive for course development.
Cons: somewhat difficult to find the holes and pins. We played the wrong basket a couple of times

Winter relief

1    1/25/2013   1/25/2013
Review By: Monkeypaws
This review was updated on 1/28/2013
Pros: •Nice large concrete tee pads.

•Variety of shots - it got to do it all today. Uphill, downhill, shaped shots left and right, and few chances to wind up and let fly.

•Challenging, without being stupid hard. A competent disc golfer would grab some birdies, mainly pars, and perhaps a bogey or two.

•Accesible by public transportation - hugely important when you are on the road w/o car. 30-40 minutes from downtown.

•Chainbanerz - these guys do a heckuva job working on this course, in spite of King County's lack of interest.

•Pro shop on site - I'm travelling with a spartan bag, and realized half way through my round that an under-stable disc would help. Bingo.
Cons: Through no fault of their own, the course in in a major state of flux. Confusion reigns when holes are removed, changed etc. Zen is key to enjoying the round.
Other Thoughts: What a fun time. Keith was awesome, helping an out of towner find his way. The weather was unexpectedly wonderful, upper forties and partly sunny(later totally sunny). The waterfowl were making a racket on the lake.
And the disc golf was very fun. Again, it was challenging, but the opportunity to make nice shots was there, if only occasionally taken on my part.

This is a fun course, not a frustrating course. I'm hoping to try Seatac before I leave, but I have a feeling I'll get my butt kicked there. Not so here.

Perfect local course

5+    7/2/2012   7/25/2012
Review By: RomePK
Pros: Course is laid out awesome. Very well maintained. Requires a variety of shots and use of many of your disc in the bag. This has everything you could want in a local course.
Cons: Can get crowded due to its location and reputation.
Other Thoughts: There is also a disc golf shop in the concession area of the park!!! Can't beat that! CHAINBANGERZ rules!

a great park for disc golf!

2-4    7/13/2012   7/20/2012
Review By: chainedwraith
Pros: - Good hole design and terrain utilization.
- Nice teepads & baskets. I liked the natural stone shaping of the teepads. They were plenty big enough and grippy.
- Good mix of open and wooded/technical holes.
- Solid diversity of left / straight / right / uphill / downhill shaped holes. It has it all.
- Nice pro-shop / vending near restrooms.
- Friendly locals who call you on lost discs and turn them in to the shop.
Cons: - long walk from 18 back to parking lot.
- the walk to hole 9's basket (across water) forces you to cross right in front of hole 10's basket where people might be throwing. Just be careful there. The holes themselves are good and there is no other way to get over there so not much can be done about this.
- While not jaw-dropping perfect, I can't really pick out too many other flaws.. The course had to be re-designed due to construction and development on the back of the property. A local showed me the terrain and fence-line back there and it looks like the course lost some really nice space.. bummer. But I applaud those who did the re-design.. Still an excellent course by all means!
Other Thoughts: I had a blast at this course. The Deaf Disc Golf Championships were going on and we had to wait for them to finish (enjoyed watching them for a little while), but the fact that the Chainbangerz club stepped up and hosted such a tournament is nothing short of awesome!
I also lost a disc, got a call back the next day and Dana from the shop actually opened it up afterhours JUST to give me my disc back since I was on my way to the airport to fly home. Very cool of her! Keep doing what you guys are doing out there! I can't wait to come back again someday.

proper disc golf for sure

1    6/20/2012   6/22/2012
Review By: northwestblazinfire
Pros: Awesome tee pads with rock benches at seemingly every hole
Beautifully maintained course with roller ready green
Nice challenging anny or sidearm holes for a righty
18 is the typical great huge ender for the round. The epic downhill looong look.
Variety or terrain with different playing surfaces to consider (dirt,bark,grass,gravel,cement,trees lol)
Well placed baskets with OBs being cement paths add a perfect degreee of difficulty
Sweet practice baskets and really cool good viben people I seen a lot of smiles and heard a lot of hearty laughter :D
Very rewarding course with a lot for everyone
Cons: For me the drive that's it
Other Thoughts: My home course has much work to be done but it is inspiring to see what a course can become as I am young in my discgolf experience this is as good as it gets for me. I had a good round at +2 but missed many of bird and ate only two bogies.