Seattle, WA
Lakewood King County Park Share
Uploaded By: Nic_Farley83 Hole #7 (Taken 7/2011)

Take me back!

2-4    10/1/2016   10/2/2016
Review By: kidtree
Pros: Beautiful setting, great variety of elevation shots, wide open fields and tight trees, left and right bends and straightaways, the perfect practice putting green, a pro shop with a great selection of discs and a pro behind the counter. A basket of lost-and-found discs, too.
Cons: While the baskets are all numbered, I think, none of the tee pads are, and the map under the "Links/Files" tab here is seriously outdated. There is an up-to-date map sign at the parking lot, though. If you have a smartphone, take a photo of that for reference. Today was my 3rd consecutive weekend playing there, and I still had to pull out the phone once to verify my next tee. Two fairways are tight up against baseball diamonds. It's embarrassing to drop a disc into the outfield during a game.
Other Thoughts: I live over an hour north of Seattle, but drove down three consecutive weekends to play here. I hope to be back next weekend. So many of the courses around here are mostly flat, but this one forces you to consider how throwing down or up will affect the curve of your flight. Even the practice putting green is on a slope, the 3 baskets forming a triangle, so you can practice those tricky upward and downward putts. (I bought 4 matching soft putters here to tune up that part of my game.)
NOTE ABOUT THE PARK NAME: While there is still at least one small, blue sign on SW 108th St, pointing down 10th Ave SW, toward "Lakewood Park," Google Maps and my Waze navigation app both call it "Lakewood Disc Golf Club." To add to the confusion, when you reach the park entrance, you'll find an official sign reading "Thurnau Memorial Park." You're not lost, this is the place.

May 2016

1    5/21/2016   7/11/2016
Review By: mwd907
Pros: Great course. Play very early on a Sunday (afraid of crowds). Using the map made following the course fairly easy, although we did throw at the wrong basket on a few holes. Friendly locals pointed us in the right direction a few times.

Really like the rock benches and tee pads.
Cons: None, experienced other than getting turned around on the last few holes.

Great Course for an out of towner!

1    8/22/2015   9/4/2015
Review By: mceskri
Pros: Challenging course, with lots of different types of holes, so I had to utilize all my discs and tons of different shots.

Pro shop was clutch! I dropped my keys by the first hole, and a nice person brought them to the shop for me. Tells you a lot about the kinds friendly people playing the course.
Cons: A bit crowded when we went. We got stuck behind a family playing with 5 year olds and it took a while for them to let us pass. It opened up after that.

The course was dry due to the drought, but still playable.

Only some of the baskets gave directions to the next tee, so we found ourselves getting lost from time to time. I guess there's a map online, so if you can find that, some other users said it's helpful.
Other Thoughts: My girlfriend and I were visiting from Illinois, and boy this was an awesome course to play, coming from the Great Plains/ Midwest. Hills and forests?! We have some in the Chicagoland area, but nothing as exciting as this course. We loved the design and wanted to play the course twice.

great all around course

1    6/24/2015   6/28/2015
Review By: rosdj
Pros: This is a really fun course. I really enjoyed the elevation changes and the mix of hole lengths. The basket placements were all great, and the tees were up there with the best I've ever played on. I played this course visiting some friends in Seattle and would love to come back and play it again.
Cons: The only con I have, and it's a rather large one, is the difficulty of navigating the course. I don't think I could have made it through without the map in the uDisc app. I believe I only saw one or two tee signs and none of the tees themselves were marked as to what hole they were. Some of the baskets were also mis-numbered causing even more confusion.
Other Thoughts: Don't let the course navigation deter you from playing here. Do a little research first by getting a course map, or use uDisc to find the tees. It's a great course.

clean and open

1    1/20/2015   1/21/2015
Review By: travelsurflive
Pros: Open and not crowded at all. Played on a Tuesday morning in January. Nice concrete level mats, multiple baskets, paths to aoo holes.
Cons: Little confusing for a first time player to know which basket ur shooting at, definitely take a photo on your phone of the course map before play. Few water hazards
Other Thoughts: All in all very fun course, location, very clean, mixture of holes, long short and techincal

A course worth your time

1    8/3/2014   8/7/2014
Review By: Krome
Pros: - Forested slightly, with trees here and there, but still very much open. A good course for beginners or experienced players alike.
- The elevation varies a lot, giving you a chance to work on your throwing strength or even technical shots, seeing as there are a few baskets right on the edge of steep hills. It's a great challenge, but might be frustrating for newer players.
- The tees are concrete and smooth, with some even offering places to sit.
- Onsite pro-shop. I didn't get a chance to browse this as much as I wanted to, since I was playing during closing time, but the fact that it's right at hole #1 is awesome. They also offer maps for the course, costing $1, which was really handy. I will be visiting this shop again soon during regular hours for sure!
- The baskets are numbered with a big red sign on top, and most of the baskets have a "next hole" direction sign on them.
- Overall, I had a blast playing this course.
Cons: - The water hazard can be fun for some people at hole #1, but I didn't' trust my throw enough to clear it, so I skipped it. It's pretty big, and I don't have discs to spare, really. However, I've heard their is a disc recovery program or something, so that would be helpful. Perhaps next time I will be more adventurous.
- Even when I had the map (boughten at the shop) and the baskets had the next hole sign, I STILL had trouble finding the tees. Not so much holes 1-13, but the rest were really off the beaten path, and my buddy and I ended up playing holes we weren't supposed to yet. After some time and asking some friendly people, we eventually figured it out. I can't blame the party involved in laying out the course, the map was still accurate to some degree. But yeesh, was that ever confusing.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely visit this course again, not just for the pro shop, but to actually play it through the way it was intended. People were friendly all around, and we never had issues dealing with garbage or anything like that.

My "home" course

5+    5/17/2014   5/20/2014
Review By: drizzty206
Pros: Well manicured grounds, good pin placement rotation, pro-shop on site, lost disc program, 20 holes, great tee pads
Cons: Can get slow on the weekend due to the amount of people playing, in white center, broken glass from idiots not throwing their bottles away
Other Thoughts: This is a really fun course with 2 holes that play over water. Not too challenging but there are some hard holes. This is a great place to bring beginners as a lot of the holes are wide open and there is plenty of room to throw. My gripes aren't really anything that the people running the course can do anything about like the broken glass. Some people just don't respect beautiful places like this.

I put in white center as a con because from time to time I see sketchy people hanging out at the picnic benches by hole 7 that obviously aren't there to play disc golf, but other than that everyone I've come in to contact here is really friendly, especially the guys at the pro-shop. I am only 5 months in to playing this game and they are pretty helpful with what type of discs would work for me and on helping with some techniques. Great place overall and I would recommend it to anyone.

Twenty Holes Now!!

5+    12/6/2013   12/9/2013
Review By: John M. Fretz
Pros: Great pro shop with food, beverages (even espresso) and HUGE range of discs, plus Keith is very helpful
Big course with some long, open holes and tricky technical holes. There's even a small water hazard at hole #1. (maybe a con, for some)
5 NEW HOLES!!! New holes are finished. 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 are over where the old course use to start. AWESOME, 20 holes in all, not counting practice pins
Map at beginning, by parking lot
Cons: Dogwalkers who don't clean up after their dogs. (watch your step)
2 schools nearby and some students can be annoying, mostly okay though. we caught 2 having sex the other day in 29degree weather!!??! brrrrrrr
Other Thoughts: great course for all levels. They also hold a lot of Tourneys and doubles competitions

really nice course

1    8/8/2013   8/9/2013
Review By: Bdemko
Pros: nice mix of holes, uphill, downhill, park like setting. Some technical but friendly enough for family play. The pro shop on site is well equiped, knowledgeable and proactive for course development.
Cons: somewhat difficult to find the holes and pins. We played the wrong basket a couple of times

Winter relief

1    1/25/2013   1/25/2013
Review By: Monkeypaws
This review was updated on 1/28/2013
Pros: •Nice large concrete tee pads.

•Variety of shots - it got to do it all today. Uphill, downhill, shaped shots left and right, and few chances to wind up and let fly.

•Challenging, without being stupid hard. A competent disc golfer would grab some birdies, mainly pars, and perhaps a bogey or two.

•Accesible by public transportation - hugely important when you are on the road w/o car. 30-40 minutes from downtown.

•Chainbanerz - these guys do a heckuva job working on this course, in spite of King County's lack of interest.

•Pro shop on site - I'm travelling with a spartan bag, and realized half way through my round that an under-stable disc would help. Bingo.
Cons: Through no fault of their own, the course in in a major state of flux. Confusion reigns when holes are removed, changed etc. Zen is key to enjoying the round.
Other Thoughts: What a fun time. Keith was awesome, helping an out of towner find his way. The weather was unexpectedly wonderful, upper forties and partly sunny(later totally sunny). The waterfowl were making a racket on the lake.
And the disc golf was very fun. Again, it was challenging, but the opportunity to make nice shots was there, if only occasionally taken on my part.

This is a fun course, not a frustrating course. I'm hoping to try Seatac before I leave, but I have a feeling I'll get my butt kicked there. Not so here.