Seattle, WA
Lakewood King County Park Share
Uploaded By: Nic_Farley83 Hole #3 (Taken 7/2011)

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Take me back!

2-4    10/1/2016   10/2/2016
Review By: kidtree
Pros: Beautiful setting, great variety of elevation shots, wide open fields and tight trees, left and right bends and straightaways, the perfect practice putting green, a pro shop with a great selection of discs and a pro behind the counter. A basket of lost-and-found discs, too.
Cons: While the baskets are all numbered, I think, none of the tee pads are, and the map under the "Links/Files" tab here is seriously outdated. There is an up-to-date map sign at the parking lot, though. If you have a smartphone, take a photo of that for reference. Today was my 3rd consecutive weekend playing there, and I still had to pull out the phone once to verify my next tee. Two fairways are tight up against baseball diamonds. It's embarrassing to drop a disc into the outfield during a game.
Other Thoughts: I live over an hour north of Seattle, but drove down three consecutive weekends to play here. I hope to be back next weekend. So many of the courses around here are mostly flat, but this one forces you to consider how throwing down or up will affect the curve of your flight. Even the practice putting green is on a slope, the 3 baskets forming a triangle, so you can practice those tricky upward and downward putts. (I bought 4 matching soft putters here to tune up that part of my game.)
NOTE ABOUT THE PARK NAME: While there is still at least one small, blue sign on SW 108th St, pointing down 10th Ave SW, toward "Lakewood Park," Google Maps and my Waze navigation app both call it "Lakewood Disc Golf Club." To add to the confusion, when you reach the park entrance, you'll find an official sign reading "Thurnau Memorial Park." You're not lost, this is the place.

May 2016

1    5/21/2016   7/11/2016
Review By: mwd907
Pros: Great course. Play very early on a Sunday (afraid of crowds). Using the map made following the course fairly easy, although we did throw at the wrong basket on a few holes. Friendly locals pointed us in the right direction a few times.

Really like the rock benches and tee pads.
Cons: None, experienced other than getting turned around on the last few holes.

awesomeness!

5+    4/13/2014   3/13/2016
Review By: EverettSilvertips
Pros: variety of everything! up, down, trees, open, water, mandos, and many more! it is awesome!

great teepads everywhere and i liked how the "fake" rock sits by the teepads, so we can sit or put down our bag on it instead of standing or bending down.

most important boost rate of this course is a pro shop!!!! you can't miss it! it is right next to bathroom, food stand, kids playground, and practice baskets.
Cons: this park often have crowds. there are middle school nearby, you would see cross country teams running around, or kids being bad, dog walkers, etc.
Other Thoughts: pro shop! check. it. out.

Great Course for an out of towner!

1    8/22/2015   9/4/2015
Review By: mceskri
Pros: Challenging course, with lots of different types of holes, so I had to utilize all my discs and tons of different shots.

Pro shop was clutch! I dropped my keys by the first hole, and a nice person brought them to the shop for me. Tells you a lot about the kinds friendly people playing the course.
Cons: A bit crowded when we went. We got stuck behind a family playing with 5 year olds and it took a while for them to let us pass. It opened up after that.

The course was dry due to the drought, but still playable.

Only some of the baskets gave directions to the next tee, so we found ourselves getting lost from time to time. I guess there's a map online, so if you can find that, some other users said it's helpful.
Other Thoughts: My girlfriend and I were visiting from Illinois, and boy this was an awesome course to play, coming from the Great Plains/ Midwest. Hills and forests?! We have some in the Chicagoland area, but nothing as exciting as this course. We loved the design and wanted to play the course twice.

great all around course

1    6/24/2015   6/28/2015
Review By: rosdj
Pros: This is a really fun course. I really enjoyed the elevation changes and the mix of hole lengths. The basket placements were all great, and the tees were up there with the best I've ever played on. I played this course visiting some friends in Seattle and would love to come back and play it again.
Cons: The only con I have, and it's a rather large one, is the difficulty of navigating the course. I don't think I could have made it through without the map in the uDisc app. I believe I only saw one or two tee signs and none of the tees themselves were marked as to what hole they were. Some of the baskets were also mis-numbered causing even more confusion.
Other Thoughts: Don't let the course navigation deter you from playing here. Do a little research first by getting a course map, or use uDisc to find the tees. It's a great course.

Pleasant Surprise

1    3/24/2015   3/29/2015
Review By: rmcnulty85
Pros: - Big map and foldable maps to take with you through the course
- First hole is a short shot over the water
- The tee pads are all concrete, and most holes have benches that resemble natural stone
- Next tee signs on almost all holes, and the course plays naturally in most cases
- Great use of space, with a variety of length, as well as variation in uphill/downhill
- Tight and technical at spots
- The back nine and extra two shots really opened up for more distance
- Course Pro Shop on site
- Two practice putting baskets
- I asked for help on finding a basket here and there, and the people on the course were super friendly and glad to assist
- Rough is virtually non existent, and you should have no problem finding your discs
Cons: - There were a couple creeper homeless looking guys, one of which picked up my disc, but I barked at him and it was all good from there
- I think it is 13,14,15, you have to walk back down the fairway to get to the next tee pad
- One of the holes on the back nine played downhill, and was probably a 400 foot shot, which was beautiful.....except it played over RF on the baseball field next to the course. I talked to one of the guys on the course, he said it normally isn't an issue, and they move it to the short behind RF fence when in season. I took the backdoor....but after looking at my pictures, I wish I threw it over RF, because it is a gorgeous shot, especially throwing from the tabletop up on the hill.
Other Thoughts: I played this course while visiting Seattle, so I had no clue of what to expect. I really loved the vibe of the place. It was such a great time playing. The tees and benches just blend in as part of the natural setting.

Also while I was there one of the locals playing in a small group got an ace on the front nine. His name was Rex, just giving him a shout out here! Definitely play this course if you are in the area, I know I loved it.

A Walk in the Park

5+    1/26/2015   1/28/2015
Review By: shawnc65
Pros: A great deal of thought has gone into the design of this course. It should be fun, interesting and challenging for all abilities. Few holes are outside a pro's distance. As an intermediate player there are half-a-dozen ace possibilities. The crew mixes the hole placements on a regular basis and usually keep the course toughness about the same from round to round...if they give you an easy shot with the placement on hole four, it's likely they've made #1 more difficult, etc. Through most of the year there is a minimum of underbrush so lost discs are a rarity. Nearly all tees have a place to sit and rest before your drive. There is plenty elevation change. Hole 20 is as picturesque from the tee as you could hope to find in the city.
Cons: There are often numerous park users outside of disc golfers and you might have to wait here and there for someone to clear a path that's a little close to a basket or fairway. While usually not too crowded there are often enough discers around to give a heads up when needed and the course has now been there long enough anyone from the area knows to keep their eyes open.
Other Thoughts: The high-end difficulty at this course is not among the leaders in the area it's a great course for beginners though a hole or two would benefit from alternate tees to help accommodate those. It is also a very good compliment to the always difficult Sea-Tac in close proximity. They would make a worthy day-trip. The ups and downs for holes 9 through 13 are physically challenging as well as mentally and help make this course excellent exercise.

clean and open

1    1/20/2015   1/21/2015
Review By: travelsurflive
Pros: Open and not crowded at all. Played on a Tuesday morning in January. Nice concrete level mats, multiple baskets, paths to aoo holes.
Cons: Little confusing for a first time player to know which basket ur shooting at, definitely take a photo on your phone of the course map before play. Few water hazards
Other Thoughts: All in all very fun course, location, very clean, mixture of holes, long short and techincal

1    10/12/2014   10/20/2014
Review By: pnwooki
Pros: -good mix of long let'er rip tees and medium length tees
-most of the launch pad have benches and give a pretty clean view to the basket
-the elevation changes are fun and can be challenging
-pro-shop is well stocked and guy who is normally there knows his sh*t

Cons: -the back 10 can be kind of confusing if you're new to the course. there is a map in the pro shop for a buck or pdfs online but still or signs at the tees would be useful
-it can get kind of backed up since its the most player friendly course actually in seattle
Other Thoughts: -the course is in a public park and can get full of families on the weekends when its nice out
-its my closest course, i dig playing it and will be playing when ever i can

A course worth your time

1    8/3/2014   8/7/2014
Review By: Krome
Pros: - Forested slightly, with trees here and there, but still very much open. A good course for beginners or experienced players alike.
- The elevation varies a lot, giving you a chance to work on your throwing strength or even technical shots, seeing as there are a few baskets right on the edge of steep hills. It's a great challenge, but might be frustrating for newer players.
- The tees are concrete and smooth, with some even offering places to sit.
- Onsite pro-shop. I didn't get a chance to browse this as much as I wanted to, since I was playing during closing time, but the fact that it's right at hole #1 is awesome. They also offer maps for the course, costing $1, which was really handy. I will be visiting this shop again soon during regular hours for sure!
- The baskets are numbered with a big red sign on top, and most of the baskets have a "next hole" direction sign on them.
- Overall, I had a blast playing this course.
Cons: - The water hazard can be fun for some people at hole #1, but I didn't' trust my throw enough to clear it, so I skipped it. It's pretty big, and I don't have discs to spare, really. However, I've heard their is a disc recovery program or something, so that would be helpful. Perhaps next time I will be more adventurous.
- Even when I had the map (boughten at the shop) and the baskets had the next hole sign, I STILL had trouble finding the tees. Not so much holes 1-13, but the rest were really off the beaten path, and my buddy and I ended up playing holes we weren't supposed to yet. After some time and asking some friendly people, we eventually figured it out. I can't blame the party involved in laying out the course, the map was still accurate to some degree. But yeesh, was that ever confusing.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely visit this course again, not just for the pro shop, but to actually play it through the way it was intended. People were friendly all around, and we never had issues dealing with garbage or anything like that.

< Prev 1 2 3 4