Course Extinct
Sioux Center, IA
Sandy Hollow Share

2-4    8/26/2011   9/1/2011
Review By: mrkvnmnn
Pros: The course has baskets and is laid out in a way that is easy to get around.
Cons: You will spent time looking for you discs. There is long prairie grass on many of the holes. We ending up having one person throw and then spot for us. It was miserable to play here.
Other Thoughts: I will not be playing here again unless its in the spring when all the grass is dead!

1    8/22/2011   8/22/2011
Review By: happytree290
Pros: I can't really say anything good about this course at this point, maybe I'll change it in the future, but not for now.
Cons: The biggest issue I had was this course was the lack of mowing. Hole 2 and 3 were ridiculous as far as grass goes, the grass on the fairway alone was up to my knees. This alone made this course a nuisance in my opinion. The 2nd cut is even worse, this I can understand, but when the fairway is that tall then we have a problem. I lost 2 discs in the long grass which is about up to the waist, maybe even a little higher. The course doesn't make a full circle either. So you end up walking a ways to back to your car, and there isn't really anything as far as parking, so you'll need to park on the side of the road. The holes are fairly boring too. Straight, with few obstacles to go around.
Other Thoughts: I only played the first 3 holes, because I got fed up with the grass being so long, and that I lost 2 discs there. If they mowed the grass it could be a 2 or 3 star course, but the grass is ridiculous.