Grand Rapids (Kentwood), MI

So many better options

5+    6/3/2014   7/18/2013
Review By: JamesEarl
This review was updated on 6/14/2014
Pros: The only merit I see for this course is that it's a good place to bring buddies that are inexperienced or just not very good. I guess I could say that there are a few fun holes but not much else to write home about.
Cons: I find this course to be a total bore. Each hole is either too short, unimaginative, or just sloppy with no real line to the pin. I've also ran into some thuggish characters in the park and in the way non diskers. It would also seem that if you believe the post graffiti there's some amazing diskers that have aced every hole. smh.
Other Thoughts: I truly hate to give the park such a low rating. I'm sure there's people that enjoy its casual lack of difficulty.

Okay for putting practice

5+    7/15/2013   7/15/2013
Review By: michaeldarkrph@gmail
Pros: Good variety of open, wooded, water, and hilly holes. Short course great for kids or girlfriends/wives that don't play much.
Cons: Painfully short. Good for moderate players who want to have fun. Better players will find it's like approach/putting practice.
Other Thoughts: Good place for picnics.

simply not very good

1    8/12/2012   8/13/2012
Review By: JSquizz
Pros: -signs on every hole
-baskets on every hole
-beginner friendly
Cons: -tee pads are dirt and many have rough, uneven patches and a few were full of mud. The signs, while clear, are right in the middle of the "tee pads" on more than a few holes...
-the holes are almost too short and easy. The longer holes are so boring you will fall asleep on them. You may as well throw on a football field!
-navigation is difficult hole to hole and some of the signs are confusing. Considering some baskets are close to one another I threw to the wrong one a few times.
-on a few holes I needed to wait for the group in front of me to tee off on the next hole.
Other Thoughts: I tried playing here a few months prior and it was so crowded I could not get on. After playing it I was shocked it was so busy, because quite honestly, it is not a good course. Seems like someone just decided it would be fun to put baskets in the park without much thought to safety or sensibility. Jaycee park, right down the road, is a much better option (yet still flawed). They would have been better off eliminating nine holes and making nine good holes as the terrain has potential. If you skip it you are not missing a thing.