Toronto, ON
Uploaded By: timg

Thoughts on Seton Park

1    8/18/2012   8/22/2012
Review By: WolfyYYZ
Pros: -very convenient location in mid-town Toronto
-I'm a beginner so I like that the course is on the shorter side
-very good condition, tee-pads and baskets in great shape and the park is maintained really well
-good overall design. Though short, there is some decent variety
Cons: -poor marking. It was my first time out and without a map and some help from some other players there was no way I could have navigated from hole-to-hole. Some holes have a logical flow, but for some others I had to run to the baskets to be sure. Would be great if at the very least there could be arrows pointing to the next tee around every basket (like on the Toronto Island). Perhaps this is on the way?
-length. Again being a beginner I was ok with this, but I could see this as being a bit of a negative for many
-bikers. I would agree with some other reviews that on a few holes there is a chance to nail someone after the release because of blind spots
-archery hole. I couldn't find the tee, and it's a little tight to ppl using weapons.
Other Thoughts: -this course is less than a 10-minute drive from my house so I will be there a lot. Still, as my game improves I could see the lack of length considering the relative openness being an issue
-I've seen a fe scorecards with distance, but no indication of par. Safe to assume par 3 throughout?

Course Playable, installation not yet complete

5+    9/30/2011   9/30/2011
Review By: Adge
Pros: Note to all: As of September 30, 2011 The course is fully playable (18 baskets, 2 placements) but installation is not complete.

Tee pads and signs have not yet been installed in the park - so current tees are grass.

As a result, he park is not well marked. Print a score card (colour printing recommended) if you head out for your first time. Most regulars have no problem navigating the layout but it can be tricky to navigate if you're out for your first time.

This is a fun lay-out, but don't be turned off by the current status of installation etc.

Spotters are required on 2 holes (#8 longs and #10 - archery hole). Best line to both baskets is tight down the fairway....not over the archery range.

Enjoy - and check back often for installation updates.

My ranking above is middle of the road based on current state of the park (and not wanting to be bias).

The park is very accessible by transit, car. Free parking.
Cons: Park can be busy on weekends in summer/spring with picnickers by hole #6 & hole #7....most public parks in the GTA share this similarity (Island, Etobicoke, etc.)