Bradenton, FL
Hole 9

Good "Backyard" Course

2-4    2/23/2014   2/23/2014
Review By: S.Cann
Pros: -Great atmosphere on the course. Palm trees abound in this fenced in park.
-Plenty of ace runs and easily birdied holes. This is a great place to introduce new players or to gain some confidence.
-Clearly defined Teepads which are composed of dirt and sea shells.
-Innova DISCatchers in good shape.
-Despite being so short, this course offers some shot variety (Hyzer vs. Anhyzer). Most baskets are guarded.
-Low lying land creates a "sand trap" effect that adds a little bit of difficulty to otherwise simple holes.
Cons: -VERY Short. Holes are easily reached/over thrown with a putter. Any experienced player would be bored here. The holes are just way too easy.
-Neighborhood around can be a little sketchy. We didn't run into any problems, but could see the potential.
-Course is only open select hours.
Other Thoughts: This is a very short beginner/novice level course nestled between two churches in a fenced-in park. It's a course that plays very quick (I did two rounds in 20 minutes) and is incredibly easy. This course is good for who it was designed for (young children) and is great for more experienced players to work on putting/upshots. Safari golf is a good way to add some intrigue to an otherwise bland course.

Beginner's Paradise

2-4    11/10/2013   11/10/2013
Review By: zud00
Pros: This course would be excellent for beginners, first timers, and kids. Holes are short enough that even first timers would have many looks at deuce. There is a little bit of variety in length despite all holes are short.
*Tee boxes are numbered and course has nice DisCatchers.
*There are several benches on this course and a nice canopy of trees for most of the holes.
*There is a nice playground area for kids nearby.
*Can play several rounds in a short amount of time.
*Navigation is fairly simple.
Cons: There is really no challenge here for any experienced players. You can easily deuce every hole with a putter.
Course is crammed into a small area, seems like it could be layed out a little differently to make a few holes longer.
Other Thoughts: The best thing about this course is that it is beginner friendly with short holes. I'd say the shortest hole was about 70' at most and the longest was maybe 140'. It's a good course if you want to work on your short game or jump putts. it's a great course for beginners and first timers. If you're looking to rack up your course count, you can be in and out in 10 minutes. Or you can stick around and throw for aces all day if that's your thing.

Short On Length, Long On Fun!

1    6/22/2013   6/22/2013
Review By: thrembo
Pros: Makes good use of the trees availabe.

Has nice Innova baskets that are clearly marked with hole #.

Has teebox's filled with crushed shell. This isn't an issue though, as run ups are not needed, because of the shortness of this course. My wife and 14 year old (both only occasional players) liked the short holes, and we had a fun round here, but seasoned players will only need to bring a putter, and maybe a mid. The tees are marked with #'s on the frame.

Great course for an Ace Race event.

The course was litter free, and well maintained. It may be a pich-n-putt, but they take it serious, and take good care of it.

It is surrounded by churches, and seems to be in a good area.
Cons: I think this is the shortest length course that I have ever played, shorter even than Pinebrook, and with less obstacles. It is rediculously short! May be a con, if you like more of a challenge, or like to air them out.

Some of the tee box's need to be filled and leveled. Not too big a deal though, as run ups are not needed, and you can throw from the grass next to the tees if necessary.

It can be windy, and even though the course is in an urban area, there were mosqitos.
Other Thoughts: A fun little rec/beginer course that makes the best out of the available terrain. Better courses are not to far away, Sarasota to the south, and the greater Tampa area to the north.

Rumor has it that Bradenton is getting a 18 hole course, in phase 2 of a new park.

I wouldn't go out of my way to play this course again, but if in the area, and can't travel to some of the better courses, a fun round can be had here.

A Nice Place to Introduce New Players to Disc Golf

5+    12/27/2012   1/3/2013
Review By: JamFran
Pros: Great place to learn the game, I've taken a few friends out there for their first experience with Disc Golf
Location to where I live, I live less than a 10 minute bike ride away, 3 minutes by car.
Great for practicing your short game.
Great to grab a quick came if you have a few free time, I'll go out there after work and have just enough time for a game before the sun sets.
Cons: It is really short. I'd be surprised if the longest hole was over 100 ft away
Some of the holes run close to fences with barbed wire, a buddy lost one of my discs over the fence, but it was his first game.
Other Thoughts: My buddies and I have started using the tees and aiming at different baskets than those dedicated for the hole just to add extra length and variety.

Great Practice

5+    9/5/2012   9/5/2012
Review By: TheHitman
Pros: Close & Shaded. Benches Great place to play many rounds or a Place to Practice . 9 Holes in 10 min . ! I Bring an Avenger or a Buzz and a Putter Thats It .
Cons: Only 9 Holes No Long Drives
Other Thoughts: Great Run at Aces . Great place To Practice Nice To Be The only one on a Course to Practice .

I achieved inner Peace here!

5+    2/8/2012   2/25/2012
Pros: 1) Fun course to practice mid-ranges and putters. I only used a few discs and that was ok on this course (Spider, Mako, Stingray, Gator and my Pro Rhyno Putter) because it was designed as a beginner course.

2) Nice discatcher baskets installed properly. Locks and valve boxes used . . . seems above and beyond since there are no alternate positions and no room for alternate positions too.

3) Framed teeboxes made out of crushed sea-shells. This stuff works well but only because it is such a short course . . . there is no need for a runup on any single hole. Just plant in the front of the box and make your ace run. The holes timbers used to frame the box also has a door number attached so at least you know which tee to use in that area where three tees sortof converge.

4) Surprising nice variety of shots needed here. Sure they are all short but there are some straight shots, mostly hyzers, but even a hole or two that can handle an anhyzer line. Pick your favorite shot on a couple of the holes with options.

5) Quick play . . . 10 rounds in 90 minutes for me. I even set my bag down after a few rounds and just carried my 5 discs with me.

6) The course seems to be in nice condition . . . the turf is healthy and thick and the trees are in good shape.

7) They even have benches for guys like me who play 10 rounds in a day . . .I don't think I sat down once I just kept playing but I did set my bag down on the bench making it easier to pick up and put down . . . before I realized I didn't really need to carry my 22 discs . . . I only needed 5.
Cons: 1) Goofy transition between hole 5 and 6 as it is quite a bit of backtracking . . .I know . . . like 100' out of the way! 

2) A couple of the tees had gotten slightly rutted out from rain washing the shells around and whatever use they get. I wonder if I put more rounds on that course than it had seen in a while.

3) Not really challenging at all . . . fun to throw but it does not challenge you. I would honestly call these holes all Par 2's so in essence I shot a +10 for 90 holes)

4) Flat . . .
Other Thoughts: I used it as a way to vent after my $600 car repair and needing to sit in a dealership for 5 hours rather than playing like 3 new courses. So when I got out of the dealership I headed right here and played 10 rounds. I played some rounds as ace-runs and some rounds I tried to birdie everything. I ended up with an average of (-8) with 2 perfect (-9) rounds and 2 rounds of (-7) and the rest were (-8). I did not get a single ace which really shocked me . . . perhaps because I was trying to get them and that affecting my throwing technique. I played 10 rounds between about 5:30 and 7:00 when it was nearly dark and I was determined to get an ace and beat my most holes played in a day . . . that way the car repair didn't ruin the day. I also figured if I played a lot of holes the cost per hole on the day went way down . . . $600/162 holes is an expensive pay to play. Not much more needs to be said about this hole other than it accomplishes what it was designed for. It exposes people to the game, creates a nice place for the community to enjoy the game, allows locals to practice their putting and mid-range games, and it allows course whores who just paid $600 for a car repair to vent and play 10 rounds. It also will be the first ace for many people I bet . . .with holes around 100' many shots are bound to go in . . . just none of my 90 drives.

Fun for an ace race / long putt practice

1    6/27/2011   6/27/2011
Review By: prerube
Pros: Small numbered shell tee pads on each hole.
Benches on several holes
Very large playground on site for the kids while you play.
Cons: All holes are basically long putts, nothing seemed over 120 feet.
Course is a developmental / children's course at best. It is a cute entertaining set up, but it will not provide a verteran disc golfer with anything except a place to pad their ace numbers or practice long putts on a flat semi-open course.
Other Thoughts: Course is at the Peace Community Park, directly behind the Peace Lutheran Church. It is open during non-school hours from dusk til dawn.

Course set up is very similar to the nearby Sun-N-Fun RV resort. Play them both back to back and end up with a score under 40 for 18 holes. If you want to play another local quick 9 holer, Pineview is a similar short 9 not too far south.

ESTIMATED hole breakdown